Are we pau with HT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are we pau with HT?

While it is a bit clunky, HT can be accessed on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad by using the built in Apple Safari app that comes with all 3 devices. Just bookmark it and you're there. Good for browsing but then again maybe not so good for input at least on the smaller devices... the iPad will probably be more practical since it is larger.

I am sure other devices have their own browsers that allow use of this site.

Apparently vBulletin sells a Facebook app: https://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=facebookapp

OK... so there are some mobile apps too.... https://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=mobile... It looks like the publisher of a board has to purchase the app so that it can be developed into a branded app.... for example one for HT... the cost? $379.

vBulletin as most of you are aware is the engine behind this board.
    Last edited by mel; July 8, 2012, 10:42 AM. Reason: revised info on mobile app
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      While it is a bit clunky, HT can be accessed on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad by using the built in Apple Safari app that comes with all 3 devices. Just bookmark it and you're there. Good for browsing but then again maybe not so good for input at least on the smaller devices... the iPad will probably be more practical since it is larger.
      Not only that, but you can use voice dictation on the iPad instead of typing out words on the keyboard, like what I'm doing right now.

This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Was shabang up in vancouver part of the code development?

Comment

I'm thinking about not posting on this forum anymore, because of the lack of others posting lately. It looks like I'm hog cheeseing this board with my posts hogging the latest posts listings. So, I think it's time for others to get their chance writing their posts.

Comment

Shit, that'll just reduce forum participation another 50%.

Once there was a Hawaii forum...
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

WB...Olympics are on TV. It's summer vacation time. Kids started heading back to school this week. 'Tis the season of busy-ness! Maybe just abstain from posting then check back in a month or 2 or 3 (whatever!) to see if activity has picked up. Just a thought...

Comment

Another... just a thought.

When starting threads, post more than a link and very small sentence.
                Do something truly thought and discussion provoking maybe?
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  WB...Olympics are on TV. It's summer vacation time. Kids started heading back to school this week. 'Tis the season of busy-ness! Maybe just abstain from posting then check back in a month or 2 or 3 (whatever!) to see if activity has picked up. Just a thought...
                  Indeed! Very valid point!

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post

I thought we went over that, lol, but yeah. Another very valid point!
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

People move on to other venues. I'm on Twitter, not on Facebook. I still visit HT daily.

But I really wish that, when people decide not to be involved with HT any longer, they not do the little-child "I'm gonna take my ball an' go home" routine - that immature ploy for sympathy is pathetic. There are many posters who have done that, then stayed around anyway. Others (some of whom I miss) just stopped posting altogether - poof!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      But I really wish that, when people decide not to be involved with HT any longer, they not do the little-child "I'm gonna take my ball an' go home" routine
                      That makes two of us.

Others (some of whom I miss) just stopped posting altogether - poof!
                      Agree...whatever happened to Vanguard, Seeking Penance, and Auntie, among others? Y'all come back, hear?
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post

Twitter is popular because of the limited number of letters in tweets for our short attention span.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        But I really wish that, when people decide not to be involved with HT any longer, they not do the little-child "I'm gonna take my ball an' go home" routine - that immature ploy for sympathy is pathetic. There are many posters who have done that, then stayed around anyway. Others (some of whom I miss) just stopped posting altogether - poof!
                        Correct me if I'm wrong? I no have da powa to take da ball(message board)and go home. Last time I checked, this ain't my message board. I just one posta. My point was that I was taking too many shots of posts and need to go to the bench and take a blow. I want other posters to have more playing time and post more. If I'm guilty of anything. It's that I'm guilty of being unselfish.
                        Your analogy is more for Big Tadani's caller wars on this board and dig out.

Comment

hope not...i check it still every day...but as you can see, though i have been on it for a number of years...i don't write much...

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Twitter is popular because of the limited number of letters in tweets for our short attention span.
                            this isn't twitter, it's a forum, as you well know. Typically, forums aren't known for their "#OMG@XXXWTFHEREWEGO". . .posts, and up to the second, "#in the bathroom, dur" info updates.
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk
                              I want other posters to have more playing time and post more. If I'm guilty of anything. It's that I'm guilty of being unselfish.
                              It wasn't really aimed at you, WB, but if you find something familiar in it - treat it as you wish. But keep in mind that the amount of time/number of messages you post has no direct effect on how many times others post. Thanks for telling us all how unselfish you are, though. Remind me to tell you how humble I am sometime. (And I am only gently poking fun at you - I haven't any problem with your posts; I don't always "get" your humor, but that's my problem, not yours.)

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                I'm thinking about not posting on this forum anymore, because of the lack of others posting lately. It looks like I'm hog cheeseing this board with my posts hogging the latest posts listings. So, I think it's time for others to get their chance writing their posts.
                                Hog cheese? LOL! I haven't heard that bit of slang since the '70s.
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X