• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Early Voting: 2008

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    [...]
    Shameful? TS!
    TS?...as in tough ca-ca; not tutusue! Right?

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      I must agree with Auntie. No matter who wins, I will support the next president.

As opposed to the types of people who drive around with "He's not my President" bumper stickers on their cars right now. So shameful.
      Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Bush and Cheney are not my president/VP. I don't want their kind of garbage even on this planet.

Shameful? TS!
      Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      TS?...as in tough ca-ca; not tutusue! Right?
      Freedom of SPEECH is Grand. God Bless The United States of America!!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
        why do you believe voting by putting your marks on a paper ballot is somehow 'more accurate' than voting via the electronic machine, since BOTH ballots produce paper results and are counted by electronic machines, with the totals held in electronic memory? Or are you suggesting we should go back to hand counting or mechanical machine counting?
        I can’t speak for matapule, but what I will say is that there is no way to say with certainty that a ballot “printed” by a machine is your ballot. In theory, forensics experts should be able to tell you whether or not it was your brand of pen used to color in the bubbles on a paper ballot. Here’s an instructional video for the specific machine being used at Hawai‘i polls. As you can see, an enclosed panel prevents the voter from having any interaction with the paper trail, such as fingerprints.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Actually, the "pin code" issued at the polling place to activate the electronic machine is your receipt and the way of tracking accurate results, if you choose to challenge the process. Also, your voting choices are displayed in the printer window along with your individual pin code to approve before you actually cast the ballot. Hawaii's "electronic" voting machines are really a fancier way of voting on paper.
          Burl Burlingame
          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
            Also, your voting choices are displayed in the printer window along with your individual pin code to approve before you actually cast the ballot.
            The problem in Europe is that what was indicated in the display did not match what was actually recorded on the machine, in some cases, too many cases, so many cases that the results were just not trustworthy and ALL countries using electronic voting had to abandon it.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just returned from Voting and I voted for Mufi H and i also voted yes on rail and i voted for a few other's for Boe and The Oha for Our island and The other island's on who you could vote for so im hoping everyone i picked will win!

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi,i just received my absentee ballot in the mail and as i've shared,im voting for who i shared i'd be voting for.

tomorrow,i'll send in my absentee ballot and hoping my vote's will help those i'd voted for will get them in office.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                  hi,i just received my absentee ballot in the mail and as i've shared,im voting for who i shared i'd be voting for.
                  tomorrow,i'll send in my absentee ballot and hoping my vote's will help those i'd voted for will get them in office.
                  well thank's for your time
                  Wrong thread, Sansei. This one was for voting two years ago in 2008, as the title says.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi my apologie's likanui for posting this in the incorrect place,

only i wasnt able to locate early voting:2010.

i hope for this once it was ok to post this here even though it's in the incorrect place?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                      [...]
                      only i wasnt able to locate early voting:2010.[...]
                      That's because no one started that thread. You should've started it instead of posting to the 2008 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        That's because no one started that thread. You should've started it instead of posting to the 2008 thread.
                        Sansei does not have the ability to start new threads. But yes, this thread was unnecessarily revived, with election discussions already going on elsewhere. I'm closing it.

Comment

Working...
                        X