Frank Fasi - hurt in fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Fasi - hurt in fall

It was reported yesterday that former Mayor, Frank Fasi, 89, fell and broke his hip.
    The family say's it's not life-threatening.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Frank Fasi - hurt in fall

anytime someone of his age falls & breaks a bone, especially a hip - it can turn out to be life threatening. Let's hope it doesn't happen in this case!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

At that age the body's immune system is weakened and infection can lead to pneumonia then it becomes life threatening.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Ofcourse, I express my deepest condolence to the Fasis, and wish Frank a speedy recovery. But, I always worry when I hear these kinds of things. Politicians hold many secrets and the fact that our beloved former mayor still has not spilled the beans on why Councilwoman Rene Mansho voted against rail transit (after expressing her enthusiastic support) in 1992 (thus dooming us to paying billion$ more through the current Hannemann plan), distresses me greatly.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

when mr. fasi fell, a reporter at the advertiser called the executive offices of the hospital i work at and asked if mr. fasi was admitted there. our answer? we don't give out information on whether a person is or is not admitted at our facilities unless the patient has authorized such a release of information. most certainly, we don't give out such information over the phone.

either that reporter knows nothing about federal healthcare privacy laws (eg, is an idiot) or was hoping our staff are idiots.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Frank Fasi... (a fruit from Frankie's Market?)
            I guess you gotta love him or hate him.

At the very least he led Hon, HI through a particularly interesting set of 'colorful periods.'

I have no complaints about Frank.... He will be remembered.

Mostly fondly, I'll bet.

K, aka E. F. J. G. K. S. L.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

As HIZZONER evolved into his role as an elder statesman, he will be remembered more fondly by the populace. As evidenced by our municipal building being named in his honor.

Although often steeped in controversy, FF did a lot of good in his 22 years as mayor.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                Politicians hold many secrets and the fact that our beloved former mayor still has not spilled the beans on why Councilwoman Rene Mansho voted against rail transit (after expressing her enthusiastic support) in 1992
                I vaguely recall the days before the vote. The mayor would not release all the costs of the project until the very last minute, and when he did, it was clear why. Yearly maintenance costs would exceed $200 million - twice what was originally told to the Council.

Mansho said she voted against rail because of the administration's unwillingness to give the council all the information it needed to make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                  Politicians hold many secrets and the fact that our beloved former mayor still has not spilled the beans on why Councilwoman Rene Mansho voted against rail transit (after expressing her enthusiastic support) in 1992
                  Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                  I vaguely recall the days before the vote. The mayor would not release all the costs of the project until the very last minute, and when he did, it was clear why. Yearly maintenance costs would exceed $200 million - twice what was originally told to the Council.

Mansho said she voted against rail because of the administration's unwillingness to give the council all the information it needed to make a decision.
                  I don't know if "enthusiastic" is the word to describe Mansho's views re: Fasi's rail proposal. Someone with the time and curiosity to look through the City Council minutes from 12 years ago can confirm it for sure, but I'm almost certain that Mansho's support for the rail/excise tax increase proposal were expressed as "kanalua" votes on the first two readings. Although she had reservations about the bill, she thought the legislation was worthy of further debate and discussion. But on the third and final reading, she voted no as her concerns (which Creative-1 outlines) were not addressed to her satisfaction.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    l were expressed as "kanalua" votes on the first two readings.
                    Kanalua, one of the great things about the Hawaii legislative process, both State and County.

For those who don't know:
                    http://www.state.hi.us/lrb/hndbook/hbkglos.html
                    Kanalua - Term used by a [State] legislator during roll call to signify that the legislator is undecided and that the Clerk should recall the legislator's name at the end of the roll call list. In the Senate, if a member responds "kanalua" or remains silent the second time the member's name is called, the vote is recorded as "aye". In the House, a member responding "kanalua" or remaining silent three times will be recorded as voting "aye".

In other words, "yes, with reservations".
                    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

From what I understand, a broken hip at that age is more or less a death sentence. At any rate, I hope the best.

Comment

and yet, HE LIVES! [so much for The Bob's understanding]

Yes, in a year or twenty, when he does die, you can say, "I told you so".
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post

She told me it was because her district voted against the rail after the realignment took it away from their neighborhood. Made sense to me.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                            and yet, HE LIVES! [so much for The Bob's understanding]

Yes, in a year or twenty, when he does die, you can say, "I told you so".
                            Like he's suppose to die when it happens. I expected better of you Salmoned. You're a smart enough guy.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              (Rene Mansho) told me it was because her district voted against the rail after the realignment took it away from their neighborhood. Made sense to me.
                              Bah! This is the almost the exact same thing Romy Cachola did in 2008 — only his district constituents didn’t want it their neighborhood. Like Mansho, he was a rail proponent, until it came time for a critical vote, when he suddenly changed his tune. He and Rene make a pair. Mahalo, Aunty Lynn, for running against Romy. Hopefully, next time you’ll beat him.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                              X