Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what TV restaurant would you want to eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what TV restaurant would you want to eat?

I've always wanted to go eat at Mendy's when I'm up late at night and bored...sit at the counter, have a sandwich and a float. It's a real place tho, no?

Breadsticks looks like a great place to socialize with people from work in the evening.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: At what TV restaurant would you want to eat?

?????? what show are these from?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      ?????? what show are these from?
      Mendy's is from Seinfeld. Breadsticks is from Glee.

flickr

Comment

This is a great question. I seriously need to think about it first, but here are a few places that leap to mind:
        • The Peach Pit. I think Andrea Zuckerman might have gone for me. Don't you?
        • Arnold's
        • The Regal Beagle
        • Jim's Mario's (okay; I'm immediately putting this one at the top of the list until I think of something cooler!).
        • Mel's Diner, but only on Flo's day off.
        • The bar downstairs from Cage & Fish.
        • Cheers
        • Rosie's
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Arnold's Drive In, altho' it seems like it was modeled after the popular Corona del Mar, CA drive in during my jr/sr high school days, Merles.

Pau hana would have to be the King Kamehameha Club bar!

Comment

Mendie's is the name of the place where Jerry and Banya go for soup. It's a restaurant, not a place with a counter or sandwiches. Perhaps you mean Monk's?
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Deli in Wizard of Waverly Place. (the DU watches it)

Arnolds....No question...with Fonzi runnin the jukebox

Cheers is a good call.

The Soup Nazi's place.

John Belushis Samurai Deli in Saturday Night Live.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                Mendie's is the name of the place where Jerry and Banya go for soup. It's a restaurant, not a place with a counter or sandwiches. Perhaps you mean Monk's?
                oh yeah! Monk's! Mendy's is the Soup Nazi's joint?

flickr

Comment

No no no. Mendy's is where Jerry takes Kenny Banya for a lunch in exchange for the Armani suit.
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Well, not technically a restaurant, but Alice's kitchen. I'd love to watch the interactive sparks fly between Carol Brady and Greg Brady!

And not a TV restaurant, but my number 1 choice would be Alice's Restaurant......."you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant," I'd love the mellow vibes coming out of that place and you could see cosmic revelations just by breathing the air!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Well, not technically a restaurant, but Alice's kitchen. I'd love to watch the interactive sparks fly between Carol Brady and Greg Brady!

And not a TV restaurant, but my number 1 choice would be Alice's Restaurant......."you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant," I'd love the mellow vibes coming out of that place and you could see cosmic revelations just by breathing the air!
                      That's funny! Florence Henderson's son lived in our dorm and we called him "Joe son of Flo", she'd visit quite a bit.

There were 2 Alice's Restaurants in the 70's in CA. One on the Malibu pier and one in Westwood, I used to eat there all the time. Once I sat next to John Ritter.

Comment

I did!

Arnold's, from Happy Hays. It was a real diner of the 50's era in the LA 'valley', called Arthur's. It was on the bus route to Moby Disc and I'd often stop off and get a burger/fries/malt, until one day I instead watched them tear it down... But the one I didn't and always wanted to was the legendary Brown Derby, which was also torn down!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Ron Whitfield; November 22, 2010, 10:17 AM.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: I did!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          [...]But the one I didn't and always wanted to was the legendary Brown Derby, which was also torn down!!!!!!!
                          I ate at the Brown Derby several time, most often with my dad before I understood how historic it was. The last time I ate there was during lunch while on a film project. At that point I did understand the significance plus I was in a booth with...<going into name-dropping mode!>...Chuck Conners. Wish I could say it was one of the many highlights of my life, but it wasn't! Loved the restaurant, tho'!

Comment

oooooooooooooooo!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            I ate at the Brown Derby several time
                            To paraphrase Monty Python... what's it like? wink wink nudge nudge
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Hukilau Cafe from 50 First Dates. Although I imagine it to be sort of like Kainoa's Pancake House without the bar part. Has anyone else ever been here? It opens at like 7:00am and starts serving alcohol AND pancakes. It's in Haleiwa, on 99, right before the road curves right and turns into 83, not too far from Waialua Bay. Total hole in the wall and not too kind to tourists.

Central Perk from Friends.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                              X