Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: KGMB - KHNL - KFVE "shared services agreement"

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
    Call my cynical, but you know we don't live in a Democracy right?

Tell me you guys don't really believe that....that the common folk control this country or this world?

Big business rules and they are the true power.

If they want something to happen, it will happen.
    Okay here goes:

Hey cynical! I don't really believe that the common folk control this country or this world because big business rule and they are the true power and if they want something to happen it will happen.

Ever see the original Rollerball movie where corporations rule the world? As we become a global economy that scenerio seems more like reality than fiction.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Call my cynical,...
      Can I call you more than that?

but you know we don't live in a Democracy right?
      Oh? Have China conquered the US already? (Yes, it's only a matter of time when the US Constitution will be used as asswipe for the Chinese Communist leader.)

Tell me you guys don't really believe that....that the common folk control this country or this world?
      Well, I have to believe it. How do you think Obama get elected ... barring any allegation of outside influences.

Big business rules and they are the true power.

If they want something to happen, it will happen.
      In a way, you're right. They suckered us with iPod, cable and dish subscription services ... even Pay-2-Play games like World of WarCraft.

In a few words, if you want better services, you have to keep paying them.

Even free tv and radios aren't worth getting better services (which are paid through advertisements).

Sooner or later, we'll have to pay to flush our own damn toilet, and I'm not counting the sewer bills.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tvhawaii View Post
        This 'Agreement' is coming under a lot of fire and the best thing to do right now is to write to the FCC and let them know, short and sweet, -exactly- what has happened to you.
        Oh, please. They're being bribed by the TV subscription providers (obviously using the money from their many suc- err, subscribers) to veer their focus away from free OTA TV need.

Comment

This agreement is a done deal and anyone willing to prove me wrong? Remember this post

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            I don't really believe that the common folk control this country or this world because big business rule and they are the true power and if they want something to happen it will happen.
            What about the meek shall inherit the Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              They shall ... after Judgment Day.

Comment

Bob Jones puts in his 2 cents about the topic at hand:

http://www.midweek.com/content/colum...hark_protests/

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Before you quote me on that one, please remember the context for which that post was based on.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    Oh, please. They're being bribed by the TV subscription providers (obviously using the money from their many suc- err, subscribers) to veer their focus away from free OTA TV need.
                    Read this:
                    http://media.ohio.com/documents/FCC.SSAdocRequest.pdf

Did you see who signed it? Write to her at:
                    Barbara Kreisman <barbara.kreisman@fcc.gov>,

Who knows...you might get surprised.

Comment

• Re: KGMB - KHNL - KFVE &quot;shared services agreement&quot;

Read this:
                      http://media.ohio.com/documents/FCC.SSAdocRequest.pdf

Did you see who signed it? Write to her at:
                      Barbara Kreisman <barbara.kreisman@fcc.gov>,

Who knows...you might get surprised.
                      But will FCC allow the low-powered relay transmitter station that WAS broadcasting KFVE (now KGMB) on Channel 27 to boost their power so that it can reach the rest of the Maui County, including Molokai?

Or can they order Raycom to transmit KGMB on one of the now KHNL or KFVE sub-channels (e.g., 13-1 or 9-1)?

Can Ulupalakua's transmitter handle one more full digital channel (and have Raycom abandon the low-powered transmitter)?

Are there FCC agents physically in Hawaii investigating the matter, or are they doing it from their DC office?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                        But will FCC allow the low-powered relay transmitter station that WAS broadcasting KFVE (now KGMB) on Channel 27 to boost their power so that it can reach the rest of the Maui County, including Molokai?
                        If Channel 27's transmitter is where I think it is, it wouldn't matter if they raised their power to a million watts...you're terrain-shadowed by the West Maui mountains and their antenna is down in the dirt. I'm going there tomorrow just to see if the license co-ordinates are correct.

But what the Media Council Hawaii is -really- trying to do is this:
                        "Thus, Media Council Hawai`i reiterates its request that the Commission issue an order directing that Raycom and MCG show cause why a cease and desist order should not be issued to enjoin the implementation of the Agreement and/or revoke their licenses."
                        From:http://media.ohio.com/documents/KGMB...E.MCHfinal.pdf

The idea behind writing the FCC is from this E-mail I received from Media Council Hawaii.
                        "It seems that Raycom Media really doesn't care about the Hawaii public. In their rush to secure their hold on 45% of the market revenues, they have shown complete disregard for over the air customers. I'm getting complaints from all over the state. I guess they figure that they reach 96% of hawaii via cable so why worry about the rest. Of course this ignores the fact that they get their license from the FCC to be Broadcasters. The license is supposedly granted so that they serve the public interest, convenience , and necessity. Too bad they don't! We are collecting stories like yours but there will be more of an impact if you take time to complain directly to the FCC. I'm listing the emails of the FCC Commissioners and staff below. Please take time to let them know what is going on and pass on this information to others. We are not giving up on our challenge and I'm still optimistic that when the facts are known, we will prevail. Thanks again for your interest and support.

Aloha,
                        Chris Conybeare

The 5 commissioners, the chief of the Media bureau and the chief of the Video services division, addresses below:

Julius Genachowski <Julius.genachowski@fcc.gov>,
                        Meredith Baker <Meredith.baker@fcc.gov>,
                        Michael Copps <Michael.Copps@fcc.gov>,
                        Mignon Clyburn <Mignon.clyburn@fcc.gov>,
                        Robert McDowell <robert.mcdowell@fcc.gov>,
                        William Lake <William.lake@fcc.gov>
                        Barbara Kreisman <barbara.kreisman@fcc.gov>,"
                        Last time, I promise.<g>
                        http://mediacouncil.org/wp/

Comment

Done deal.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart View Post
                            Done deal.
                            Done deal doesn't exactly mean a good deal, my dear alleged paying TV subscriber.

Comment

If Channel 27's transmitter is where I think it is, it wouldn't matter if they raised their power to a million watts...you're terrain-shadowed by the West Maui mountains and their antenna is down in the dirt. I'm going there tomorrow just to see if the license co-ordinates are correct.
                              Then they should shut that effin' transmitter down and shoot their signals (KHNL, KFVE, and KGMB) to Ulupalakua instead! Sorry, to express that I'm angry at the moment is a gross understatement.

My confidence in FCC is shattered when they listened to some bunch of environmentalists and have the digital TV transmitter built 100 feet below the height of Haleakala at Ulupalakua. The transmitter should have stayed at Haleakala even when upgraded to receive and send DTV signals.

Comment

The latest Buzz from Erika at the SB:

http://www.starbulletin.com/business..._the_buzz.html

Comment

Working...
                                X