Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Slippah Project!

Happy New Year 2010!!

Update: Pau move. (sigh) Tomorrow WE, deliver to the Leeward Coast!

Our SPONSORS: Scott Hawaii Footwear and Natural Hawaiian Clothing Company! And to everyone who donated.

"Those who gave what they could, those who couldn't only prayed. That helped, we understood. To give from your heart with nothing in return Is what it's all about."

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Mission accomplished.

We're exhausted.

Diamond will post the pictures at a later date.

I'll write larterz.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Congratulations, Auntie. There are so many tents along the beach in Nanakuli. I'm sure they appreciated your kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Congratulations, Auntie. There are so many tents along the beach in Nanakuli. I'm sure they appreciated your kindness.
          Tutusue, It was everyone who was involved far and near.

And now betta late den neva. LOL

The Report of the Christmas Celebration of MHW.

Ok....here we go.

On December 21, 2009

We went to Mayor Wright Housing.

The Hot Dogs, Chile, Cheese, Buns, Snacks, Jalepenos, were donated by Sharon Black and KauKau Wagon Foundation.

This year we coordinated the Christmas Celebration with the Mayor Wright Housing Tenant Association and Family Literacy Program. Over six-hundred received ukapila stuffed animals, videos, books, toys, and slippahs.

Our volunteers included Securitas Employees, Pauline Young, Jacque De Fretias, Tana Toetu and myself. Military Spouse, Vonnie. And my Hanai Son, Lomi. Tenants of MWH volunteered as well.

The line was L O N G. It stretched from the one end of the building into the Tenant Association Office out the back. Christmas Music filled the air. Everyone was happy from little ones to the elderly. Seeing my fellow neighbors of years past once again brought memories of time gone by. Here I was again...bringing Slippahs and goodies to them. This is where it started, Five years ago.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
          Last edited by 1stwahine; January 12, 2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Auntie Lynn

Comment

• Re: The Slippah Foundation!

PK fixed my Camera.

Comment

Comment

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Antonio donated the boy's toys in the blue plastic box.
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; January 21, 2010, 06:36 AM.

Comment

The Leeward Coast Delivery.

We arrived at the break of dawn at our meeting place in Maile. PK, my brother-in-law Rick, my boss Pauline, co-worker Jacque, Military Couple Vonnie and James. Although Lomi wasn't with us, he played a big part in this year's delivery. And my dear readers, I don't know what became of the pictures. I don't make excuses. What I will do is tell you of the delivery.

From the end of the Leeward Coast we began. Rick our messenger going out into the camps and letting the people know we were there. One by one they came out. Some expected us on Saturday and scolded us for not coming. LOL They stood in line patiently by the truck and waited their turns as we distributed the Scotts Slippahs and also the Shirts for the men. One Local Man tore the wrapping from the package of the shirt and put the shirt on and said "Wat...I look handsome now?" And he stood proud with his chest out and walked away smiling.

At another site down the road, a man with one leg came up to me. "Auntie, Auntie, remember me?" How could I forget. I looked down at his right foot and saw the green worn slippah from last year. I smiled and got a Scotts and gave him a honi honi and told him I'd be back next year!

The tents were many. Children less which is great. The restrooms which were pilau and unfit for human use is all fixed. Really. It was the first thing I checked. And used. It was CLEANED.

Yes, it is dangerous to go out as we do. Anything can happen. Which is why, Love and ALOHA must ALWAYS BE SHOWN!! We are not there to judge or to say anything that can hurt anyone's feelings.

To see faces light up is what it's all about.

Our mission is not through. It's far from being over.

The Slippah Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      The Leeward Coast Delivery.

We arrived at the break of dawn at our meeting place in Maile. PK, my brother-in-law Rick, my boss Pauline, co-worker Jacque, Military Couple Vonnie and James. Although Lomi wasn't with us, he played a big part in this year's delivery. And my dear readers, I don't know what became of the pictures. I don't make excuses. What I will do is tell you of the delivery.

From the end of the Leeward Coast we began. Rick our messenger going out into the camps and letting the people know we were there. One by one they came out. Some expected us on Saturday and scolded us for not coming. LOL They stood in line patiently by the truck and waited their turns as we distributed the Scotts Slippahs and also the Shirts for the men. One Local Man tore the wrapping from the package of the shirt and put the shirt on and said "Wat...I look handsome now?" And he stood proud with his chest out and walked away smiling.

At another site down the road, a man with one leg came up to me. "Auntie, Auntie, remember me?" How could I forget. I looked down at his right foot and saw the green worn slippah from last year. I smiled and got a Scotts and gave him a honi honi and told him I'd be back next year!

The tents were many. Children less which is great. The restrooms which were pilau and unfit for human use is all fixed. Really. It was the first thing I checked. And used. It was CLEANED.

Yes, it is dangerous to go out as we do. Anything can happen. Which is why, Love and ALOHA must ALWAYS BE SHOWN!! We are not there to judge or to say anything that can hurt anyone's feelings.

To see faces light up is what it's all about.

Our mission is not through. It's far from being over.

The Slippah Foundation
                      Eh Aunty what size dat buggah? My kids they always lose the left slipper. Kinda hard to keep the right one with nothing for the left. I never thought about those with missing feet and only need one side. I'm going to start saving up these orphaned slippers and send them to you next time okay?
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        Eh Aunty what size dat buggah? My kids they always lose the left slipper. Kinda hard to keep the right one with nothing for the left. I never thought about those with missing feet and only need one side. I'm going to start saving up these orphaned slippers and send them to you next time okay?
                        The gentleman size was a 10.

So many things we take foa granted are treasures to others.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

The gentleman size was a 10.

So many things we take foa granted are treasures to others.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
                          I think a size 11 or 12 would have been okay yeah? Cuz das my kid's sizes. I used to buy cheap slippers for them because they would lose or break the other side within one or two months. I think I'll buy the more expensive slippers now so I can donate them to your project when it's time.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            I think a size 11 or 12 would have been okay yeah? Cuz das my kid's sizes. I used to buy cheap slippers for them because they would lose or break the other side within one or two months. I think I'll buy the more expensive slippers now so I can donate them to your project when it's time.
                            heheheh...

I made mistake. His size was an eleven.

I really appreciate your kindness Craig.

And Early Birthday Greeting To You My Friend!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

heheheh...

I made mistake. His size was an eleven.

I really appreciate your kindness Craig.

And Early Birthday Greeting To You My Friend!

Auntie Lynn

I'm not going to celebrate until 12:01 tomorrow morning. I had a bad vision all my life that I wouldn't make it to 50. The vision changed a few weeks ago and I'm waiting to see if it's true.

But Size 11! Great!!

Comment

It's that time of year! Our 8th year! And it started here on HT!!

Let the magic of Christmas begin!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn and Blaine

http://www.slippah.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X