Hospitals are making people sicker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hospitals are making people sicker?

Most any hospital is striving for the best in everything, there are nice things to say about all of them. But it's the nature of the beast that they are also breeding ground zeros for nasties, and bad habits by humans, no matter how well meaning or generally mindful, are the main causes for needless complications.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Most any hospital is striving for the best in everything, there are nice things to say about all of them. But it's the nature of the beast that they are also breeding ground zeros for nasties, and bad habits by humans, no matter how well meaning or generally mindful, are the main causes for needless complications.
      Well said, Ron.

And this should also be said. While handwashing is very important, even the most meticulous practices of hygiene in the hospital provides no guarantee of 100% effectiveness in the prevention of infections and the spread of germs and sickness.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I've had 13 surgeries and been hospitalized three times (not to mention numerous ER visits). Not once did I contract any infection. I did, however, have the unfortunate experience of having a severe allergic reaction to the liquid adhesive they applied to my sutures so the bandages would stick better. The first time we didn't know I was allergic. The second time, I had an allergy bracelet on my wrist and told EVERYBODY I saw pre-op about my allergy. Woke up the next day bright red and itching like you wouldn't believe.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Hawaii’s largest hospital group drops mask mandate (msn.com)

It's the closed spaces that I'm more scared of airborne germs.

Comment

Working...
          X