Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talk Radio~Can I Get it In Hawaii?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I've read that Air America hasn't paid its on-air talent in weeks. I admit, without shame, that I have never listened to a moment of the Air America station in Seattle - I'm no more interested in listening to radio rants from the left than I am from the right.

Sigh...just goes to show that lefties (yes, I am one) will never succeed in out-Republicaning the Republicans.
    In the Hawaii market I think most people are not very interested in talk radio as all of the music stations garner consistent higher ratings than most of the talk stations in town. Still, the talk stations can sell themselves on certain demographics that may be interested in their content.

In other markets a few talk stations are in the overall top 10.

Perhaps the left side is rather new to the format and needs to market themselves better.... more compelling personalities or something is needed. Years ago Larry King used to be the ruler of the night time airwaves. After he went to TV, I think his substitute Jim Bohannon had his own show. They used to air this locally on KGU in the early 1980s.

Today the #1 late night talk show is Coast to Coast AM with George Noory or Art Bell (weekends) and that show is not very political. If you like to listen to stuff about UFOs, the paranormal and other strange things, this is the place to be. Locally on KHVH 830 AM.

And the "legislation" thing is another piece of Hannity rumor/bullcrap; he knows damn well that such a proposal would never fly an inch. Gotta love Fox "Fairly Unbalanced" News ... their recent on-air "boo-boo" of identifying pedophile GOP federal Representative Foley as a "Democrat" not once, not twice, but THREE times over the course of a recent program reveals their sloppiness at best (and at worst, their deliberate skill at lying.)
    On the Hannity thing, yes, more than likely such a proposal could not fly since this may be a violation of the 1st amendment.

On the Fox thing, every network makes it share of boo-boo's but to do the same one 3 times, is inexcusable for such a big organization.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      Today the #1 late night talk show is Coast to Coast AM with George Noory or Art Bell (weekends) and that show is not very political. If you like to listen to stuff about UFOs, the paranormal and other strange things, this is the place to be. Locally on KHVH 830 AM.
      670 KPUA in Hilo too!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Notice how our right wing whacko moderator knows every right wing fruit cake known to man but cannot see fit to list the best talk show hosts in the country which are aired on KUMU? Doesn't it scare you how people on the right try to slant everything thier way on talk radio? They just don't have AIR AMERICA, they air 2am Joey Reynolds, Dr. Joy Brown, Ed Case, Al Franken, Randi Rhodes, Stephanie Miller, Jim Cramer, Ed Schultz, The Local 152 Show, Al Franken and Randi Rhodes.
        Last edited by b4ru; October 20, 2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Dude, If you don't like how Mel is running this board then why don't you create your own left wing fanatic website and then you can look down on all us lowly "right wingers" too ? Go ahead. Give it your best shot and see if you won't end up applying for bankcrupcy like the air America stations LOL Rofl. Don't talk it, walk it. Alooooha, BigD

Comment

Air America filed for bankruptcy, but it's still operating and airing its programs while looking for new management which knows something about radio. As I understand it, that's been part of their problem from the beginning. For that matter, I think the only on-air talent they had with prior radio experience when they started up was Randy Rhodes.
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

At one time KHNR was a 24-hour CNN broadcast. It was funded by Tom Gentry at a huge loss until his timely boating accident. Needless to say KHNR with the all CNN news coverage operated as a loss. It seems liberal radio just hasn't got the magic to sustain itself.

Comment

Originally posted by b4ru View Post
                Notice how our right wing whacko moderator knows every right wing fruit cake known to man but cannot see fit to list the best talk show hosts in the country which are aired on KUMU? Doesn't it scare you how people on the right try to slant everything thier way on talk radio? They just don't have AIR AMERICA, they air 2am Joey Reynolds, Dr. Joy Brown, Ed Case, Al Franken, Randi Rhodes, Stephanie Miller, Jim Cramer, Ed Schultz, The Local 152 Show, Al Franken and Randi Rhodes.

Who? But everyone knows who Rush Limbaugh is. Okay I do know Ed Case and Al Franken (hard to put those two names in one sentence though).

Comment

On the rare occasions when neither HPR station has something I want to listen to, I do hear AM 990. It can be quite amusing and I'd probably listen more if it weren't for commercials overdose. (If Geico is going to buy so much air time, I wish they would at least make a few more variations of their ads.)

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                    On the rare occasions when neither HPR station has something I want to listen to, I do hear AM 990. It can be quite amusing and I'd probably listen more if it weren't for commercials overdose. (If Geico is going to buy so much air time, I wish they would at least make a few more variations of their ads.)
                    Stations like AM 990 is one of those jukebox stations. Really it's just a satellite feed feeding a computer feeding a transmitter. As Dave Bourne once said, "990's a cash cow" very little maintenance producing lotsa money for CC thru infomercials, block advertising and tons of spots spots spots.

Lately I've been listening to KHPR here on the Big Island mainly because it's different from commercial broadcasting, but I just can't get over that "smug" high nose sound.

I love Gene Schiller, we used to work together back in KORL on College Walk, nice guy and KHPR is the perfect compliment to his demenor. His Morning Cafe show with that New Age intro (Was it from Water Wind and Stone?) has my 2-year old looking around the car as I drive him to his pre-school saying, "Daddy...birds birds" and he starts looking around out the window. That's gonna be classic moments in my son's early years as I will remember while he grows into a man. Thanks Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      Strictly RepubliCRAT
                      Don't believe the hype. I have never read a post by timkona that remotely resembled anything liberal. Maybe those rare gems are hiding in now defunct thread.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Is Mike Gallagher on anywhere? I just looked at the talk radio lineup, and he's not on either station. I really enjoy his show, as well.

Comment

Wake up early at 4:AM and catch Mike Gallagher on KHNR 690 am

http://www.khnr.com/
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ah-ha! Well, 4 am is a "little" early for me
                            I see Dennis Miller is on that station, too. I've been surfing two of the talk stations, but hadn't found 690 yet. Thanks so much. LOVE talk, as well as lots of music stations I'm finding.

Does anyone know if Alice Cooper does the DJ thing regularly? I really enjoyed his show a few days ago...can't remember the station it was on.

Comment

Alice Cooper is doing weeknights on KPOI 105.9 FM classic rock.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Oh, so I'll have the pleasure of listening to him during the week. I wonder where he broadcasts from? Classic rock is...my era

Ted Nugent used to wake us up in Detroit, playing all his "wango" riffs, he was so cool, lol.

I wonder if Ozzy would ever do radio? Problem is, no one would be able to understand a WORD he says

Comment

Working...
                                X