X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What pisses you off? - Chapter 7

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
    Fierworks in Waikiki during a work night.
    Hey Keanu,

Thats the HILTON, they do a whole fireworks show at 8:30pm almost every night...or maybe its every weekend... I can't remember...I live near Waik's too, I just make the best of the fireworks though, I pretend its new year every weekend.

Aloha,

KaYa T.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post

Thats the HILTON, they do a whole fireworks show at 8:30pm almost every night...or maybe its every weekend... I can't remember...I live near Waik's too, I just make the best of the fireworks though, I pretend its new year every weekend.

Aloha,

KaYa T.
      So....

What year is this for you now??
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
        YEAH!!. Isn't that the TRUTH!?!?!.

GAWD!!. I hate people like that, too !!.

maybe you should change your name from serenity..seems like your pissed of a lot!

Comment

I just hate salespeople at the big electronic stores (or any other big store for that matter). Whenever you're just browsing around, they stalk you like the paparazzi and Britney Spears; but when you need help, they're gone like you just made a stink fut.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
            I hate it when ... the express line ... sign says 10 items or less
            Scrivener will understand my edit here.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
              maybe you should change your name from serenity..seems like your pissed of a lot!
              Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Hi, Serenity.

Besides, your signature says "Be tranquil in one's mind"; it doesn't say "be tranquil (and don't rant) on HT."

Rant on freely!
              Thanks sooo much Leo Lakio for that post, It just comes in handy soooo much!!.

You Da Bestest!!.
              Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                I hate (other customer) people who count my items and tell me when I have 11 items I can't go through the line! It's 1 item!
                The rule is the rule. If there are 5 people ahead of me who obviously have more than 10 items in the express line, they ought to be called for it. We expect the cashiers to call them on the infraction. That is their job. Sometimes though, the customer caught behind the line scafflaws need to call them on it too.

What I also can't figure out is why people ignore the sign that says "Cash only" and whip out their credit or debit card expecting to complete the transaction. They only slow the cash paying customers down since the cashier has to void the ring, sometimes item by item because there is no computer terminal in that line to handle a card transaction.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My hubby & I went to ZIPPY'S in Makiki today!!,

& what pisses me off is, that I ordered a zipmin, & I took the cover off, & placed it next to me, as I was thinking of using the green garnishes that was on the metal of the lid (you had to see it to know what I mean), the idiotic waitress as she was passing by just took the metal lid without asking if I was finished with it , HOW FR!G!N RUDE is that?!??!!! I was still eating my noodles as she took it off of the table & I couldn't even say a darn thing in the process!!.

I just got so angry that I didn't even bother to ask for it back & much less the green garnishes that was suppose to come with my noodle soup !!!. After eating, we paid & left!!. That was the end of her tip !!! GAWD!!.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    Scrivener will understand my edit here.
                    I'm just quoting what is printed on the signs. Maybe we ought to call the English usage police on all of the super markets.

I mean the public got the fire department on the store formerly known as Daiei. If that can change it, maybe a squadron of English teachers can straighten out the sign usage.
                    Last edited by mel; November 19, 2006, 08:41 PM.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
                      & I guess you are the only one that's perfect in this world?!?!.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                        The rule is the rule. If there are 5 people ahead of me who obviously have more than 10 items in the express line, they ought to be called for it. We expect the cashiers to call them on the infraction. That is their job. Sometimes though, the customer caught behind the line scafflaws need to call them on it too.

Well I am not the one in line in front of 5 people , generally I am the ONLY one in line ( at least when I was called on having eleven instead of ten items). I did end up just puting the extra pack of gum away. I stil think the "rule " can go toofar!

I am far from inconsiderate. I use cash and I generally allow other people to go ahead of me. I guess I am just mellow about it. what is an extra 10 seconds it will take them to scan 11 instead of 10?
                        And I don't mean like 20 I mean 11 literally.
                        They need to relaxxxxxxxxx, just a little
                        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                        Sharing withother survivors...
                        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I'm not one who gets PO'd very easy. But one morning last week I was pushed over the edge! Our condo house rules absolutely forbid any workmen to enter the property before 8am. I understand and accept that rule.

Then, one morning last week, I'm sound asleep and there's a loud knock on my door. I look at the clock and it's 7:15a so I ignore the knock. Several more knocks...each getting louder. I look thru the peep hole. It's security. Me: "Yes?". He: "It's security." Me: "I know. It's also 7:15...AY EM." It seems the resident manager was on the other end of the walkie-talkie (or whatever they're called now!) and he wanted security to tell me he was going to start fining me for not painting the exterior of the new wall I just had installed! What a weenie for sending security! I told security to have the RM call me at 8am...the time stated in the house rules. I go back to bed. Knock...knock...knock. This pattern repeated itself 3 more times before 7:30am. RM and the office conveniently forgot that I'd requested RM, via email, phone and to his face 2 weeks prior, to come to my unit to discuss the color prior to painting. Security said the RM said to tell me he'd start fining me daily. I told security to tell RM if there was one more knock, ever, before 8am for anything but a life and death emergency, I'd haul his little hiney into court! The knocks stopped. I shot off an email that included quotes from other emails addressing both the painting and the 8am rule to the RM, the board of directors and to the property manager at the management company. Good grief...now I know that's what it takes to get any kind of action out of that office. However, that's just not how I like to conduct my life.

I'm sure I'm now on some belligerent owner's list and that the RM will go out of his way to be unaccommodating but...screw him. Once I finish the painting...if ever; the RM still hasn't come by my unit to discuss the color...then I get to follow up with forwarding a slew of emails that date back to June that the RM has totally ignored. Unfortunately it takes Cc'ing the management company before the RM does what he's hired to do. My maintenance fees at work! In the 20 years I've been an owner this is the first RM I've had any problems with.

Aaaaah...I feel so much better now!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                            & I guess you are the only one that's perfect in this world?!?!.
                            nope. never said i was, but then again i don't get pissed off very easily!

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                              Well I am not the one in line in front of 5 people , generally I am the ONLY one in line ( at least when I was called on having eleven instead of ten items). I did end up just puting the extra pack of gum away. I stil think the "rule " can go toofar!

I am far from inconsiderate. I use cash and I generally allow other people to go ahead of me. I guess I am just mellow about it. what is an extra 10 seconds it will take them to scan 11 instead of 10?
                              And I don't mean like 20 I mean 11 literally.
                              They need to relaxxxxxxxxx, just a little
                              Yeah, I completely agree. I'm not calling anyone out here, but it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal if someone has 11 or 12 items in a 10 item checkout. I get that it's a rule and everything... but it's never been a hard-and-fast rule to me. The impression I always got is that it was primarily meant to keep out shoppers with choke items. 1 or 2 over the limit? No biggie

Let's see... what am I pissed about right now. I guess nothing. It's the holiday season and I'm pretty happy.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                                I hate the fact that there isn't another computer store within walking distance of Fort Street Mall! (yes, the fact that a computer store needs another computer store is weird, but we don't have that much stuff.) No one has mice, ethernet cables, not even a decent computer case!

*bangs head on desk*

Be happy you don't live here on the Big Island where there isn't a decent computer shop within driving range. You gotta fly out to get decent. It's sad when people ask me where's the best computer shop in Hilo. I tell them WalMart.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X