Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Paul

Here is what Ron Paul says about Hurricane Irene:

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul told NBC News on Friday that "there's no magic about" the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). He said that he doesn't see the need for a federal response to Hurricane Irene as the powerful storm makes its way up the east cost.
    "We should be like 1900, we should be like 1940, 1950, 1960," said the Texas congressman in weighing in on the matter during a stop in New Hampshire. He regarded FEMA as a "great contribution to deficit financing."

Yep, these are the Teapublicans and Libertarians (synonymous terms) wanting us to retreat to the 19th Century rather than moving forward. This is the way he feels about disasters in someone else's district, but if there would be disaster in HIS district, he would be the first to criticize FEMA and the President for not giving more aid to him. He is just a self-centered dolt. A pox on his house and those that support him.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Re: Ron Paul, Teabagger

There is that horrible Black teapot rep from Florida, so vicious, his every word is poison, yet with his own brother out of work he told his brother to go to a job fair organized by liberal Black Democrats in Congress. The hypocrisy is so thick you could cut it with a fork. Tea pot get the gvt off our back folks in the Midwest signing up for all kinds of crop subsidies. Thats OK, thats fine, but to then complain about it...And then the whole ethanol thing.

Like this San Diego hick some station found to interview during the slaughter of Mrs. Clinton's health proposal: "I am perfectly happy with my VA benefits, I am happy with my Social Security, I am happy with my Medicare, I don't want the gvt. getting involved in health care." There should be some kind of reward to recognize this kind of stupidity. Hold the fools up for public scorn

Comment

The racist newsletters attributed to Ron Paul resurface yet again:
      http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...w-borger-video

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        The racist newsletters attributed to Ron Paul resurface yet again
        This idiot just threw his campaign down the drain by running away from the interview, clearly unprepared to disarm this bomb even tho he's known for years it was gonna blow at some point. He could have vaulted himself far into the lead by addressing it deftly, instead he showed himself as a total fool. Yet this lying bigot and millions of followers consider him presidential material? Every time he's put on the spot about civil matters he instantly fumbles and crumbles, having absolutely no clue or interest in the average Joe or our problems.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

South Florida politics is a sticky ooze.
          Running through that pool is like trying to run in a shallow stream from Puu'eo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            This idiot just threw his campaign down the drain by running away from the interview, clearly unprepared to disarm this bomb even tho he's known for years it was gonna blow at some point..
            I agree Ron. Running away is hardly they way to answer a serious question. In my opinion, the Newt has done the best job of answering questions about his past. However, those answers do not reassure anyone.

I think the Ronster would get more traction with his core political supporters if he wouuld just come out and say, "I still believe those things. Yes, I am a racist and I believe that America should be for whites only." In my opinion, that's what his hard core supporters want to hear.

This group of GOTP Presidential aspirants is a joke for the ages!

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

RP's core will stick with him no matter what, but the flighty fringe will flake from this cardinal sin, and it's just the surface patina of what we have yet to know about this kook.
              Same with The Newt, there is still so much yet to surface about him that he stands no chance. He's already sinking back down in polls just from the minimal scrutiny he's gotten as a top runner. As soon as he gets some $ he'll ditch the positive BS and go for Willard's eyes and throat.
              Mitten? He's a pseudo left leaning flip-flopping say anything Mormon. The WASP core con job base will never allow him to have a chance at the nomination.
              Yet, one of these gross undesirables will be nominated!

This current week of GOP self-sucker punching that left them wondering what just happened as they had their extremist butts handed to them by Reid will be remembered, it was a crucial turning point in National perception. By taking the radical unfairness of the so-called right who support only the mega-rich and wanted to screw Americans even worse right at Christmas time during painful economic times, the con jobs who now own this bad economy due to their obstructionista ways will now be tarred by their own actions, and it won't be forgotten even as things get worse for them. Dems are now considered better at National security, fiscal responsibility, and holders of the moral highground, all hilltops long considered held by the righties. That's all over and now the only way cons can hope to win anything is to lie, foment hate, promote ignorance, suppress voting, and redistrict. These total losers cannot win squat if based on any issue. That's what happens when you go further and further to an extreme and then let the extreme fringe completely hijack a party. This election season and '12 will be delicious to enjoy. The best con jobs can hope for is for Gov. Cristy Creme to jump in as VP, and then we'll watch him blow himself up. Who knew it would be this much fun?!
              Last edited by Ron Whitfield; December 23, 2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Re: Ron Paul

The power of the written word is inestimable.
                All that old dirty laundry comes up at just the wrong time.
                A mere coincidence

Comment

Looks like all this “negative campaigning” by matapule and Ron Whitfield has had no effect on Ron Paul. According the Des Moines Register, Paul is peaking at the right time in a statistical tie for first place with Mitt Romney! What a breath of fresh air for the institutional GOP. I’m proud to support the only anti-war libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative running for Prez! Apparently, there’s a groundswell of support building in Hawai‘i, as well. Check out this new website!
                  Last edited by TuNnL; January 2, 2012, 01:30 AM. Reason: punctuation

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    Looks like all this “negative campaigning” by matapule and Ron Whitfield has had no effect on Ron Paul. According the Des Moines Register, Paul is peaking at the right time in a statistical tie for first place with Mitt Romney!
                    Hey, I didn't write his racist newsletters! He is the one who put his name on them and endorsed their contents. Once a racist, always a racist!

What a breath of fresh air for the institutional GOP.
                    Yep, racism is always "a breath of fresh air."

I’m proud to support the only anti-war libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative running for Prez! Apparently, there’s a groundswell of support building in Hawai‘i, as well.
                    Well I'm proud to be anti-racist! Support Wrong Paul all you want, but he will NEVER be the Teapublican Presidential nominee. "Apparently" Wrong Paul's support is declining has a result of turning over the rock he lives under and seeing the real belly of the beast.

Comment

Paul is peaking at the right time

What a breath of fresh air for the institutional GOP.

I’m proud to support the only anti-war libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative running for Prez!
                      He crested 2 weeks ago, and even with the slightest media examination is receeding back in the shadows with every word he says. Yet I hope he get's enuf traction to continue his pointless pursuit just to allow him more rope to further hang his political aspirations, and with it those of his kid.

Even the aroma of a cesspool is 'fresh air' amongst the stench of this current GOP field of screams. And they mightily swore this time they'd put forth the strongest candidates in political history! Paul is on the radar only because front runner tortise-on-his-back Romney isn't electable in the closed eyes of extremists.

As one of many examples of his excessive nuttery, you're proud to support a kook that says we shouldn't have engaged ourselves into WW2?
                      We wouldn't be here today had the US not entered and won that war.
                      Last edited by Ron Whitfield; January 2, 2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Going back into history ,it's interesting to research the state departments feeling
                        about placing the US into yet another global conflict.
                        Initially the isolationist components of the mainstream media seemed to hold sway, but after Pearl that poise had to be changed...after ww2 the companies that prospered from tragedy had to make up some new wars to continue making
                        money.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          he will NEVER be the Teapublican Presidential nominee. "Apparently" Wrong Paul's support is declining
                          Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          He crested 2 weeks ago, and even with the slightest media examination is receeding back in the shadows with every word he says.
                          I don't recall among the thousands of posts the two of you have banged out any level of accuracy among political predictions. I will say, however, that every pre-caucus poll I've seen has had Ron Paul in the top tier. And contrary to your erroneous claims, the BBC's preliminary results of the GOP Iowa caucus do seem to confirm those earlier indicators.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Just like RP, you run away from the serious questions.

Comment

I will say, however, that every pre-caucus poll I've seen has had Ron Paul in the top tier. And contrary to your erroneous claims, the BBC's preliminary results[/URL] of the GOP Iowa caucus do seem to confirm those earlier indicators.
                              And if anyone needs a reminder of how valuable the Iowa caucuses are in determining the final outcome, just ask President Huckabee.

(Personal note - As an Iowa resident until 1984, I participated in several caucuses. Damn, but Democracy can be bone-chillingly cold in January in Iowa!)

With 99% of precincts reporting, here's what the Associated Press is saying:
                              Rick Santorum 29,662 24.6%
                              Mitt Romney 29,657 24.5%
                              Ron Paul 25,926 21.5%
                              Newt Gingrich 16,002 13.2%
                              Rick Perry 12,442 10.3%
                              Michele Bachmann 6,031 5%
                              Jon Huntsman 734 0.6%
                              Herman Cain 58 0%
                              Buddy Roemer 47 0%

No Preference 131 0.1%
                              Other 118 0.1%
                              Last edited by Leo Lakio; January 3, 2012, 06:45 PM. Reason: Adding results

Comment

Working...
                              X