Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

getting the kids fed and in bed while catching up on the laundry. Ahhh now it's HT time
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
      now if only he could wave his magic wand and make the cramps go away, too.
      But if he could do that, he might have been less motivated to do all the other nice stuff he did for you.

The little graces of each day - the tiny niceties that people do for each other, just to add to someone else's comfort level - the sign of a good relationship. I'm lucky that I get that from the AF every day (and when you add in what I do in return in that realm --- well, there's a clear deficit and I am the beneficiary, but I'm working on that!)

Comment

Our boat has officially been sold! The money is in the bank! Yeahhhh! Sort of a sad day too. She gave us a ot of good times. Oh well, there are other boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          ...I'm lucky that I get that from the AF every day
          Ok, I've seen 'AF' in several other posts and it's killing me. What does 'AF' stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
            Ok, I've seen 'AF' in several other posts and it's killing me. What does 'AF' stand for?
            Alpha Female.

We're not married, but have lived together for a dozen years, so I once asked HT-ers what name to use for her (since "girlfriend" seemed inadequate, and "wife" or "spouse" are inaccurate.) Led to some amusing discussion, and "Alpha Female" was my favorite suggestion; she liked it as well.

Glad to keep you from being killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Alpha Female.

We're not married, but have lived together for a dozen years, so I once asked HT-ers what name to use for her (since "girlfriend" seemed inadequate, and "wife" or "spouse" are inaccurate.) Led to some amusing discussion, and "Alpha Female" was my favorite suggestion; she liked it as well.

Glad to keep you from being killed.
              Plus she's delightful, talented and very SMART and wouldn't let you get away with your calling her your "girlfriend"!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                ...wouldn't let you get away with your calling her your "girlfriend"!
                Keeps ME from getting killed, too.

Best part of today #1: Actually turning down a job opportunity, because I am over-qualified, and it was an entry-level position. I'm not that desparate (yet.) Very empowering.

Best part of today #2: Performing at a noon-time hula show on a lovely beach north of Seattle - gorgeous weather, great crowd, excellent dancers --- and this year, they remembered to put up a tent for us to play under (last year's direct-sun wreaked havoc on our tuning, as well as our NW skin.)

Comment

MAMA'S visiting Antonio and Me!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    Plus she's delightful, talented and very SMART and wouldn't let you get away with your calling her your "girlfriend"!

Miulang
                    Plus, she is a fabulous ‘ukulele player! (As are you, Leo!)

Best part of today:

I'm making Kalbi foa dinna!
                    Aloha,
                    Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana View Post
                      Plus, she is a fabulous ‘ukulele player! (As are you, Leo!)

Best part of today:

I'm making Kalbi foa dinna!
                      So did you end up making your own sauce? Can you fax me some of those ribs when they're cooked?

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Best part about today...so far...is seeing one of my best casting kids on the Today Show. Whatta surprise!!! She even gave a shout out to Oahu! She and her family moved to the mainland about 4 years ago or so to further her career. It appears to have worked as now 18 year old Janel Parrish is one of the Bratz girls in Bratz: The Movie and has recently signed a recording contract with Geffen Records. She wrote and sings one of the songs on the movie's soundtrack.

WAY TO GO, JANEL!!!

Comment

Aww wow, and I had heard of her in the news here, two weeks ago?

CONGRATS, Janel and to you, too Sue!
                          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                            Aww wow, and I had heard of her in the news here, two weeks ago?

CONGRATS, Janel and to you, too Sue!
                            Thanks, Karen, but I had absolutely nuthin' to do with Janel's career except to audition her for commercials and hire her as an awards presenter. Even as a young child she had some good acting chops so it was always fun to put her thru her paces!

I'm breathing a sigh of relief that the move to the mainland worked out so well for her. I don't like seeing children uprooted to chase a dream in Hollywood as they lose their childhood. Janel had such passion. I'm really happy for her.

I found the Honolulu Advertiser article. It was one of those short, breaking news stories!!!

Comment

Another "best" for today...

A certain, unnamed HT member ended up with a part in a commercial! Be sure to ask her for her autograph the next time you see her in Chinatown.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                Another "best" for today...

A certain, unnamed HT member ended up with a part in a commercial! Be sure to ask her for her autograph the next time you see her in Chinatown.
                                what commercial?
                                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                                X