Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Hurrah, Lynn! Adrian - take hope! You may be next!
    Das how it all started. Adrian's Thread.

I got off my lazy "ARSE." Stopped dreaming and complaining.

Den I made a plan and went foa it!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Ho`omaika`i, Auntie Lynn!!! Way to go!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        [...]I got HIRED this morning upon my first interview.[...]
        Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaw! Way to go, Auntie!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Ho`omaika`i, Auntie Lynn!!! Way to go!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaw! Way to go, Auntie!
          It's been a long time. I'm productive again!

Mahalo LikaNui and Tutusue!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Learning from this post that she's still up and making her presence known.

Comment

It's been a long time. I'm productive again!
              Oh, Auntie, you've always been productive! It's just that now you'll be getting paid for it.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Oh, Auntie, you've always been productive! It's just that now you'll be getting paid for it.

You're so right! Moa foa me to give to my Hungry and Homeless Friends!

Das wat I told P.K. and he smiled.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

You're so right! Moa foa me to give to my Hungry and Homeless Friends!
                  Are you at liberty to say what you'll be doing, where and when?

Comment

Exactly my thoughts! Auntie - never think for a minute you haven't been productive. You're who I hold up as an example of productiveness.

Comment

I was on a mission and I went into action.

I got HIRED this morning upon my first interview.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I start on Monday in Downtown, Honolulu!

Auntie Lynn
                      Congrats!

Where?
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Are you at liberty to say what you'll be doing, where and when?
                        Sent you an email.

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                        Exactly my thoughts! Auntie - never think for a minute you haven't been productive. You're who I hold up as an example of productiveness.
                        Mahalo Acousticaldy!

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                        Congrats!

Where?
                        Ova hea! Pauahi Tower!!heheheh
                        http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=...onolulu-hi-usa
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; August 22, 2007, 11:36 AM. Reason: Credit for Photo

Comment

Best part of today list at 12:20 p.m.

1. Our littlest soul is feeling better and in school.
                          2. NOE.
                          3. Reading that Auntie Lynn set a goal, and achieved it!
                          4. Could today be more gorgeous with the blue, sunny skies and light tradewinds?
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

i suggested to eric that we try the steak & egg burrito at JITB this morning. anyway, we got to the drive thru, ordered, cost was $10.13 for two burritos in separate bags and one jumbo unsweetened iced tea (one burrito and the tea were coming with me; eric's office has good quality free coffee but my office's breakroom is being refurbished). we gave the drive thru cashier a fifty and 13 cents in change but she had forgotten to pack our stuff in separate bags. we asked her for the bag, thanked her for it and drove off....

...sans $40 in change. we didn't notice until we were almost at my workplace. after eric dropped me off, i got up to my desk and called the kapahulu JITB. arleen, the manager or supervisor, answered the phone. i merely told her, "hi, arleen--my boyfriend and i were just in your drive thru fifteen minutes ago, and we ordered two steak and egg burritos with a jumbo iced tea. but we..."

and then she finished my sentence..."you forgot your change. your forty dollars is here. come by and pick it up!"

i told her eric was already on his way and gave her his name and description. i texted eric with arleen's name, etc. within ten minutes, he texted me back saying he got our change.

kudos to arleen and her staff. they coulda pocketed the bills, and we would have had no real recourse, esp since in the end, it was our fault for forgetting.

this makes up for the four times they screwed up our "two chicken sandwiches, no sauce, add tomato and lettuce" orders by giving us (1) two chicken sandwiches, no tomatoes, no lettuce, no sauce or (2) two chicken sandwiches, one with tomato, the other with lettuce, both with sauce, or (3) two chicken sandwiches, one with lettuce and tomatoes and no sauce, the other with no sauce, plus lettuce, missing tomato, or (4) one chicken sandwich, no sauce, with tomato and lettuce plus one jumbo jack, with tomato, lettuce and no sauce.

and yes, i know what they say about the definition of insanity. however, as you might have already surmised, eric is quite the stubborn one.

forgot to note that the steak & egg burritos are pretty good. for about three dollas, you get a fairly good sized burrito with scrambled egg, cheese, a decent number of relatively tender sirloin steak chunks, a hash brown, all rolled up in a flour tortilla. it comes with some salsa, too. not something i'd eat everyday but good for what it is.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Got my cell phone fiasco straightened out. Didn't get a free month out of it, but at least they dropped the reconnection fees and apologized. So, don't know if I'd really call it the "best" part of today - but certainly not the worst either.

Comment

Woke up this morning to an overflowing, clogged bathtub.

Called a plumber who advertised, 24 hour emergency, 1 hour response.

I was told, a plumber could respond within an hour and a half or so and that it would be $85 per hour plus materials.

I inquired about materials and was told it was "Drain cleaner. Others will only clear the drain, we'll clean it."

His response prompted me to ask, "What type of cleaner?" And, his response was belittling, eluding to the effect that if he told me, I wouldn't understand anyways. I pressed the issue because I didn't want to pay for drain-o, and he responded with a 'click'.

Of course I called back, he resisted, and I got another 'click.'

I know this is the BEST PART OF TODAY, and I am getting to it. After RotoRooter responded within 10 minutes of my call (at 7 a.m.) and abated the issue in another 15, I received a call from Sid of The Plumbing Contractor. He called to explain that they use a cleaner containing 35% sulfuric acid, apologized for his representatives 'click' behavior, and offered to abate the problem for free.

The best part of today was that there are people who take ownership of their actions, offer solutions, and are sincere about it. And, RotoRooter gave me a discount too!
                                ___
                                "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                                X