Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state are you from? This includes locals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What state are you from? This includes locals from here !

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Yikes..."your oft-stated disdain of NY natives"? Please refresh my memory. I think I've stated disdain of Hollywood and NY film industry mentalities...based on professional experience. But, NYers in general?

I was born in NYC when my dad was in the army and stationed at Ft. Monmouth, NJ during WWII. My dad was a native Californian. I moved to Calif. when I was 9 months old. I've not visited NY since. Just curious...does that qualify me as a NY native?
    Yes. The definition of native is n : a person who was born in a particular place, Sorry Tutu, it's just with Kimo gone for so long I'm experiencing withdrawals...
    Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; October 2, 2006, 05:41 PM.
    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
    "But I can't even read good."
    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

For me it all began on O'ahu, followed by New Jersey, followed by California, then New Jersey, and now I'm back in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
        Yes. The definition of native is n : a person who was born in a particular place, Sorry Tutu, it's just with Kimo gone for so long I'm experiencing withdrawals...
        I really think the word native should also be taken on a case by case basis.

While I was born in North Carolina, do I consider myself native from there? Absolutely not. I love the Outer Banks, but that's about it. I don't "claim" it.

Though I moved to Hawai`i at age 3, lived in 3098472984120391023 different places in between, and then moved back...do I consider myself native? Absolutely.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
          I really think the word native should also be taken on a case by case basis.
          That's pretty funny Lei...

Because I lived closed to the Lummi Indian Reservation in Washington and I lived in a city predominantly white...( I'm half black half white...)
          I was often asked if I was an Indian... I would reply.... No but I am a Native! Just to confuse them

Comment

born and raised on Mars

Comment

Posted by kimos braddah:

born and raised on Mars
              For what ever reason, I'm not surprized .

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy View Post
                For what ever reason, I'm not surprized .
                Funny the land rovers we sent there never picked up any tagging. Too bad because if it did I would be absolutely delighted at that discovery.

Kimo's Braddah...if you're still lurking around, just a little bit of history here on HT. We all get flamed by each other at some point here, but we eventually become good friends. I hope one day we can all look back at this and swap flame stories about each other. Take care and we'll be watching out for your tags. I can say to my boys, "I know dat buggah"
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Well, I guess I would have to say California. Cause I've lived on Treasure Island, Vallejo, Suisun, and Fairfield!

My Christy was born in Vallejo General Hospital!

But most of all I'm still a HAWAI'I Gal!!!! (BIG SMILE)

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; October 3, 2006, 02:14 PM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    [...]Kimo's Braddah...if you're still lurking around, [...]
                    He's been banned.

Comment

Indeed. And again, I'd appreciate it if he be given no more satisfaction in the way of ongoing attention.

Comment

Yes. The definition of native is n : a person who was born in a particular place,
                        Native of planet Earth, here.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                          Indeed. And again, I'd appreciate it if he be given no more satisfaction in the way of ongoing attention.

Who? I don't know who you're talking about What is it with the name Kimo and HT...never a good mix it seems.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Withdrawals ? ... I'm relieved.
                            It's alot more civil around here now.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              While I was born in North Carolina, do I consider myself native from there? Absolutely
                              I concur . But in all seriousness I don't think a person can just claim to be native any more than they can claim to be a certain race (that they aren't).

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                Well, I guess I would have to say California. Cause I've lived on Treasure Island, Vallejo, Suisun, and Fairfield!

My Christy was born in Vallejo General Hospital!

But most of all I'm still a HAWAI'I Gal!!!! (BIG SMILE)

Auntie Lynn
                                Lol, what a small world, Vallejo... Used to live in Benicia myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X