Waikiki dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waikiki dying

New Restaurants at International Market Place Food Court!

Steak and Seafood! (Top Sirloin, Crabs, Clams, Shrimps, & Salmon)
    Deliciously cooked to perfection. Comes with salad, homemade dressing and mango chutney. Located in the corner by the stage. Prices are great.

The other restaurant opening soon is the New Hokaido. Pizza and Pasta.

Tonight's entertainment is Greg and Junko at 7:00 p.m.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I hope the new places didn't replace the Mexican or falafel joints.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I took a cab into Waikiki at 6:15 last night (Sat.). Bumper to bumper traffic on Kalakaua and bumper to bumper pedestrians on the sidewalks.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I took a cab into Waikiki at 6:15 last night (Sat.). Bumper to bumper traffic on Kalakaua and bumper to bumper pedestrians on the sidewalks.
          we drove through waiks on our way home from chinatown this afternoon and while auto traffic wasn't bumper to bumper, pedestrian traffic, esp between the royal hawaiian shopping ctr & the hyatt, was bumper to booty.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: Waikiki is ALIVE!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            I hope the new places didn't replace the Mexican or falafel joints.
            No. The Mexican Place is closed for vacation.

Busy, busy, busy! Ukapila people all ova Waikiki.

And the beat goes on.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

eric and i had a date night in waikiki on saturday. we went to rumfire (reason #1: they validate, making parking at the sheraton for four hours free; #2 we're fans of the ginger caipirinha and lavendar/cucumber mojito) first. next stop was the bar at duke's for their wings, fish tacos and a burger and beer. we were happy to see it was quite busy at both places. international marketplace was also hoppin.

we tried looking for you, auntie lynn, but didn't see you.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                international marketplace was also hoppin.

we tried looking for you, auntie lynn, but didn't see you.
                Awww..shucks! I'm OFF on Saturdays. I really really want to meet you two.

And thank you in person foa the recipes you've given me.

btw: Anybody seen the news clip on Waikiki Town Center having the most fights in Waikiki? Please let me know what station it was.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  btw: Anybody seen the news clip on Waikiki Town Center having the most fights in Waikiki? Please let me know what station it was.
                  I just read that on Ian Lind's blog. He has more to say on that. The station was KHON.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                    I just read that on Ian Lind's blog. He has more to say on that. The station was KHON.
                    Mahalo for the link.

It is the The Waikiki Trade Center.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Waikiki is full of punks and has been that way for a long time, but seemingly moreso recently.

Comment

Waikiki is full of punks and has been that way for a long time, but seemingly moreso recently.
                        Uhhhh...Mr. Whitfield, are you calling me a punk?

I work in Waikiki. In fact, I wanted to be transferred out last week due to an incident. I changed my mind. I faced my fears. I work the 3rd Watch 2-10 p.m. Sometimes I work over time on the 10-6 am. shift. It's a circus. Kuhio Ave. is full of well....you know what I mean. The streets belong to the Devil.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Full, with notable exceptions!

The high numbers of jerks makes it seem full, and there is never a time when I go there that it get's on the verge of a scrap. I know not to wear clothes I care about, which sux.

Good you had the nerve to deal with the frustrations. I'm sure your job put's you at even greater risk, and with little thanks. So, thanks for doing your duty!

Comment

I'm sure your job put's you at even greater risk, and with little thanks. So, thanks for doing your duty!
                            Dear Sir,

You've just given me the best reason why I do my job. "Thanks." I see alot of ugliness. I help bring love ones together when a child or adult is lost. I capture shoplifters, stop smokers, fights, etc. I am not a police officer. I am a Shift Supervisor now. And I got one more Bar on my Epaulet.

The best part is I get to share Love and ALOHA!!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Dear Sir,

You've just given me the best reason why I do my job. "Thanks." I see alot of ugliness. I help bring love ones together when a child or adult is lost. I capture shoplifters, stop smokers, fights, etc. I am not a police officer. I am a Shift Supervisor now. And I got one more Bar on my Epaulet.

The best part is I get to share Love and ALOHA!!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

The several times I have stayed there, I must have been walking around with blinkers on. I loved it and stayed in Ocean Surf Hotel which was cheap but clean. I never saw any ugliness. Lots of homeless people but I bought them hot dogs from the Internationa Market, rather than giving them money.
                              I worked mornings on the Dole Pineapple plantation and evenings in Kelly O'Neils on Lewars, doing music sessions. You know the walk from there to Ocean Surf ? Sure, I was approached by some prostitutes but was never a witness to violence.

Comment

Re: Waikiki Is Alive!

I was walking with a lost 82 year old to find his family. Suddenly, a guy comes in front of me and stares at my ID on my chest. I move away and he came nearer to my chest. He blurts out "Auntie Lynn?" I said "Yes!"

It was Joel from San Diego and his Ohana! I didn't recognize dem. It's been several years.

Hopefully, we'll get to meet up.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X