Good HI job search websites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good HI job search websites?

I apologize if this subject has already been covered (I did brief search but didn't see this topic).

What websites do you recommend for job searches in Hawaii, particularly for somebody who has a a backround in medical sales and recruiting but iwho is open to new ideas too? A friend's relative emailed me seeking advice, as she will be moving here soon.

I plan to suggest Craig's list to her, but any other sites you can recommend which are particularly helpful for Hawaii jobs?

Thanks!

Re: Good HI job search websites?

Going to specific company websites is also helpful. Kaiser Permanente is a big employer in Hawaii. She might also try looking for opportunities at the privately held biotech companies like Hoku and Hawaii Biotech and Hoana Medical. The State is actively encouraging biotech as an industry that might help replace tourist revenues during down times.

Good luck.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Ditto on going first to the kinds of companies you might be interested in working on. Nearly all large firms maintain their own jobs pages, and their positions will usually go there before they hit the papers and other "aggregate" sites like Monster.com.

Kaiser has this page on pursuing job opportunities in Hawaii. Here's HMSA's Careers page. Career Opportunities at Straub. Queen's Medical Center. St. Francis. Happy hunting!

Comment

If you go to the job listings at http://www.thehonoluluadvertiser.com you will find that the classifieds that run Sunday are actually on line Friday evening. Now this might not be that much of a jump on one's job-seeking competitors, but it does help if you need a couple of days getting your resume, cover letter, references and other requirements in order for first thing Monday morning. Also, if what you find is a listing with a company with a Website, there's usually a link: there ya go! do your research!

Best wishes to your friend.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
        X