X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh no, NOT AGAIN!?!?!!

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Oh, LikaNui... you were so close... you had such a great opportunity to walk away... Oh well. I hope at least you're having fun.
    Well sure I am! And it's so easy, too!
    I kinda feel like the unofficial Sergeant-At-Arms here. Tiny comes in and straight out of the block he figuratively pees on everyone here, and worst of all he rudely and repeatedly insults someone whom he knows has mental and emotional problems, and that got me fired up. That and his fraudulent "waving of the God card", as you put it. So yeah, he deserves the whack-whacks, as Auntie so cutely puts it.
    I know that as the Admin of this site you have to pretty much be impartial, so I took it upon myself to squash the cockaroach on behalf of the rest of us. No charge. It was my civic responsibility.
    And I meant to mention before: Tiny keeps talking about how long it took me to compile those lists, but it only took about 15 minutes. (I know that because I was watching CNN Headline News at the time and it only took one news cycle. 15 minutes.)
    It was real easy. Open one new document to store the quotes. Go to Tiny's profile page and click on "Show All Of Tiny's Posts". Open post. Scan through post. At each offensive sentence, drag mouse to highlight text, hit Ctrl+C (copy), place cursor in other window, hit Ctrl+V (paste)... wham. Done. Mere seconds per comment, easily less than a minute per post, and all while watching the news at the same time. Piece of cake.
    Oh, and about "walking away"? Well, last night Tiny once again said that was the last time he was going to respond to me, so obviously I had to throw out more bait! And, equally obviously, it worked. Again.
    But seriously, my issue was the direct question to him about the station's discrimination policy. We've all seen his empty reply to that question, as noted in my response above.
    Pretty much nothing more to say.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Re: Oh no, NOT AGAIN!?!?!!

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
      all you guys kinda try to get each others respect for chicklets or something.
      I think "chicklets" are pre-teen girls, yeah? But as for chiclets (to use its correct spelling), well... hey everybody, look what I found at http://www.cadburyadams.com/brands/c.../chiclets.html (click on the photo to enlarge it, and especially look at the very bottom one!!! I think I found him a sponsor!):
      Last edited by LikaNui; May 21, 2007, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Re: The new Tiny Tadani thread starts here!

I won't bicker about whether or not the subject we are discussing counts as "discrimination," but if I understand the issue correctly, Mahlon and Skylark left because the station wouldn't run an advertisement. That may be discrimination, but choosing not to accept revenue for something a corporation disagrees with in principal is the very thing you're praising Mahlon and Skylark for, LikaNui. You might not agree with the station's position, but I find it close to hypocritical to find fault with someone else's decision to support that stance. Keep in mind that nobody got fired, libeled, or publicly ridiculed because of any belief or orientation; in my opinion, everyone did what he or she should have done, all things considered.

I thought Tiny's response was fine, and altogether appropriate for a change (except for the few paragraphs that led up to it). I'm a tolerant guy, but tolerance doesn't mean accepting only the people you think are also tolerant; it means being at peace with allowing others to be who or what they are, even if you personally find it repugnant. Tiny basically explained that he was offered a position by people he professionally respects and made a decision that his conscience is okay with, and it sounds as if you can't respect that.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          That may be discrimination, but choosing not to accept revenue for something a corporation disagrees with in principal is the very thing you're praising Mahlon and Skylark for, LikaNui. You might not agree with the station's position, but I find it close to hypocritical to find fault with someone else's decision to support that stance.
          Hmmmm. That almost makes sense. But Scriv, it sounds like you're saying that Mahlon and Skylark are guilty of discrimination too, and you haven't convinced me yet. I see them as standing up against discrimination. I sort of see what you're trying to say, but I think it's quite a reach to compare their actions to the station's actions and to say that both are discriminatory.

Comment

Bummer, I can't respond to that guy because he can't reveal his name and he keeps nitpicking and being negative.

I stooped once and that's enough... I just wanted to see if that was a way to stop him from being negative... you know, stand up to him with his own medicine... but that didn't work.

So thanks Leo for noticing that I try to usually take the higher road. And I will go back there.

Scrivener... Mahalo for being fair. And yes, sometimes I have so much fun... I get a little sarcastic. I admit that. Can't help it... I'm such a "feisty" kind a guy. I love it!

But I refuse to be enticed back to the dark side. I'm still having fun. This thread has given me a chance to do and say so much. Thanks everyone!

Hey, I hope I didn't offend everyone on this thread. Even if I am the new kid on the block... I like to be able to defend myself too. And to be honest... I think I've been pretty positive along the way... except for a few circumstances.

On one post... I stated my opinions on everyone in the game... and I was sincere and honest. If anything... I may have said a real neggy to Auntie... but I apologized... and I'll say "sorry" again.

And Tiny fans (not being egotistical... just having fun)... don't let any comments get you down... we still won the poll. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or an hour... doesn't matter. It was called spontaneously and by the culprit... but we still won... 5-to-1... GOTCHA, GOTCHA, GOTCHA, GOTCHA, GOTCHA!!! 5 "Gotcha's." But he got me... once.

I love you all no matter what you say.

Sorry for sounding so positive now... but I had an uplifting experience today around lunchtime to just lift me higher and closer to Him.

God is great!!!

C'mon...let's have a get together!

tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
              I may have said a real neggy to Auntie... but I apologized... and I'll say "sorry" again.
              is that in quotation marks because the implication is you are figuratively sorry?

Comment

Air quotes! Tiny is an "entertainer," a "marketer," and a "Christian."

Comment

And he keeps on going with the religion nonsense... guess that means it's fair game to discuss Tiny's hypocrisy and all of the actions that would make him a "bad" Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    Hmmmm. That almost makes sense. But Scriv, it sounds like you're saying that Mahlon and Skylark are guilty of discrimination too, and you haven't convinced me yet. I see them as standing up against discrimination. I sort of see what you're trying to say, but I think it's quite a reach to compare their actions to the station's actions and to say that both are discriminatory.
                    If I understand the situation correctly, Mahlon and Skylark did discriminate in a literal sense, but not the sense we're talking about: They did not practice what we're meaning when we say "discrimination." I totally, totally respect their decisions and I respect the manner in which they executed their decisions. I think you and I agree on that.

I disagree that what the station ownership did was wrong; it may not be admirable (and again, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I respect anyone who states his or her values and then behaves consistently with those values, especially when it means turning down money), but it did what Mahlon and Skylark did -- take a stance and stick by it, even if it meant losing money.

I think what inspired me to respond was your feeling that Tiny didn't respond adequately to your questions about how he could in good conscience accept a position at the station. I thought he was quite clear (for a change!) and I even followed his reasoning. I thought it made sense. You might not have done the same thing in his position, but I think there's room here for us (you, me, Tiny, and anyone else) to disagree about that and let it go.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I prayed on it and guess what? I've decided to quit this thread. Thanks for all the great times. But it's kinda boring if no matter what I say... a lot of you... actually the same ones... keep nitpicking and finding things or words that bother you.

Hey, I'm only human... but I love God and I want to leave saying that. Do what you want... please keep up the talk of religion as long as you can.

I've done my deal. I've had my say. As Scrivener put it... he understands my situation on the Mahlon thing. I know I was clear on it.

To those I've offended... I'll say it again... "sorry." And the quotes are there to magnify the sincerity of the apology.

Mel, Administrator... and whomever else is in charge... thanks for letting me do my thing.

Again, it's been great... but the Lord as given my the sign to stop. I love you all... and there's been a lot of good that has come off of this thread for me. I've learned a lot. Even from you LikaNui.

Craig, I'm glad we were able to make amends on some of the crap from the past. Thanks for the second chance.

The best part was winning the poll to keep me on. No matter what you say... before, now & in the future... I won.... and that is a fact!

God Bless you all.

P/S - Don't forget...

Slush Puppie's Tiny TV is on weeknights at 10:30pm
                      Radio Tiny is on KUMU, weekdays from 6-10am
                      The OC16/KUMU simulcast is on weekdays from 7-8am
                      And The Tiny Page is in the Advertiser every Thursday

FOR THE LAST TIME LIKANUI.... GOTCHA!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm... for some reason I feel a sense of deja vu. Didn't you say you were leaving once already?

Comment

May we request the closure of this thread, and discourage the start of yet another on the same topic?

Comment

And so the Lord said unto Tiny, LikaNui, shepards from the village of the Media Challenged......"Walk unto the valley of tranquility and drink of the creek of life peacefully of which the waters are fed by the sea of LITHIUM" And so they did............The battle shall end!

Comment

"All your base are belong to us."

Comment

Originally posted by Sponge Rider
                                And so the Lord said unto Tiny, LikaNui, shepards from the village of the Media Challenged......"Walk unto the valley of tranquility and drink of the creek of life peacefully of which the waters are fed by the sea of LITHIUM" And so they did............The battle shall end!

No way this is ending without my input...you forgot the Dapakote and Topiramate! Now the Battle shall end!
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X