PDA

View Full Version : Name that movie!

Mike_Lowery
November 22nd, 2006, 06:21 PM
And don't use Google. I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

lavagal
November 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
And don't use Google. I'm sure that we'll all feel comfortable within the confines of the honor system.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

Don't know the movie, not even sure I got the actor right: John Wayne?

scrivener
November 22nd, 2006, 08:10 PM
That's Babe Ruth in The Sandlot, a great, great movie.

Next:

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day.

U'ilani
November 22nd, 2006, 09:27 PM
That would be one of my favorite movies, Groundhog Day--or is it Groundhog's Day? We've watched that movie at least 20 times.

Next:

I wasn't like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut, I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree. Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that. I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I'm selling? No. Do I know what I'm doing today? No. But I'm here, and I'm gonna give it my best shot.

scrivener
November 24th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Man, that's a good quote but I haven't the faintest notion what film it's from. Hate to see this thread come to a halt because nobody's brave enough to venture a guess though, so here goes:

You're an obviously literate person with good taste in films, so it's probably something thought-provoking and interesting. 'Though it has nothing to do with the quote (as far as I can tell), I'm going to take a wild stab and guess Aaron Eckhart in In the Company of Men.

You may have to give us a hint. Maybe another snippet of dialogue?

Mike_Lowery
November 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Oh man, that quote by U'ilani sounds so eloquent, but there's 10% of my brain screaming that it's really from a schlapschtick movie. :confused:

buzz1941
November 24th, 2006, 08:11 PM
OK, here's an easier one:

"Round up every Hindu in New York and make it snappy!"

U'ilani
November 27th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Not sure about buzz's movie quote. It sounds like a Robin Williams line or maybe a Pakistani movie, lol, but that's as far as I can get without googling.

10% of my brain screaming that it's really from a schlapschtick movie. That minority part is right--it's from Zoolander, starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson--oh, and Will Ferrell. You guys have to see it. It's absolutely hysterical, but be sure to only view it when you're in the mood for a really silly movie.

scrivener
November 27th, 2006, 07:05 PM
it's from Zoolander, starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson--oh, and Will Ferrell. You guys have to see it. It's absolutely hysterical, but be sure to only view it when you're in the mood for a really silly movie.
I love those guys, but that movie is terrible! Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell are so good at being smart-dumb, but that movie is just dumb-dumb. Sorry.

Have you seen Owen Wilson in Bottle Rocket?

U'ilani
November 27th, 2006, 07:33 PM
What? How can you not love Zoolander?! Impossible. Dumb-dumb can actually be brilliant when it's so shockingly slapstick silly. There are a ton of moments in that movie that crack me up. I bet you also hated Rat Race?

Nope, I haven't seen Bottle Rocket. Any good (not that I should take your assessment seriously, at this point :p )?

Got2HaVKaYaNoW
November 27th, 2006, 07:42 PM
hmm...so did someone make a NEXT Quote?.....if not I got one:

NEXT:

"I can't give Pudge tuna, do you know what tuna is? Its...its...its TUNA! I was late to practice because I had to go to the store, and buy peanut butter and jelly because all we have is...iss. stinken TUNA!!!"

Mike_Lowery
November 27th, 2006, 07:56 PM
hmm...so did someone make a NEXT Quote?.....if not I got one:

NEXT:

"I can't give Pudge tuna, do you know what tuna is? Its...its...its TUNA! I was late to practice because I had to go to the store, and buy peanut butter and jelly because all we have is...iss. stinken TUNA!!!"
Lilo and Stitch!!!

Next (if I'm right, anyway): Who you goin' to the dance with? Spalding?

jdub
November 29th, 2006, 01:28 PM
"He is Sumerian. He will not cry. So I cry for him."

Any takers?

nachodaddy
November 29th, 2006, 02:27 PM
"He is Sumerian. He will not cry. So I cry for him."

Any takers?

Great Movie......takes the edge off a bad day.

However, he was from Cimmeria. The land of ice and snow. Robert E. Howard's mythology is second only to J.R.R. Tolkien. Got me through high school. Thanks for the recall. Brings back good memories.

In a supporting role...........Hawaii's own

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/nachodaddy/371331.jpg

jdub
November 29th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Great Movie......takes the edge off a bad day.

However, he was from Cimmeria. The land of ice and snow. Robert E. Howard's mythology is second only to J.R.R. Tolkien. Got me through high school. Thanks for the recall. Brings back good memories.

In a supporting role...........Hawaii's own

ABSOLUTELY!! Good call, Nacho. Lopez was perfectly casted, no? No one takes me seriously when I get so excited about that movie.

U'ilani
November 29th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Who you goin' to the dance with? Spalding? :confused: No idea. Any hints?

U'ilani
December 1st, 2006, 07:20 PM
I hate being a threadkiller, so let me throw out another movie quote. You need to be a true romantic to get this one:

"What are you looking at, sir?"

"I'm looking at you, miss."

Pua'i Mana'o
December 1st, 2006, 10:25 PM
feh. That's like from a zillion movies. :p

I got a better one:

“My father was a mechanic. His father was a mechanic, my mother's father was a mechanic. My three brothers are mechanics, four uncles on my father's side are mechanics.”

Mike_Lowery
December 2nd, 2006, 12:21 AM
Who you goin' to the dance with? Spalding?
"Love and Basketball"

U'ilani
December 2nd, 2006, 07:05 AM
feh. That's like from a zillion movies. :pHa, probably true, but this quote gives it away: "Stay alive. No matter what occurs, I will find you."

Your quote sounds like something Arthur Fonzarelli would say, or Vinny.

modpirate
December 2nd, 2006, 07:47 AM
Last of the Mohicans.

"Well, that passed. Now I'm hungry."

surfphotog
December 22nd, 2006, 08:32 PM
Fargo!! Had me thinking for nearly 2 weeks!!

"This job would be great, if it wasn't for all the F$%king customers!"

DiverDown808
December 23rd, 2006, 12:47 AM
"This job would be great, if it wasn't for all the F$%king customers!"

Clerks is one of my all time favorite movies. I still haven't seen the second one, out of fear that my expectations will be too high. I would have definitely went for the quote "everytime I kiss you, I taste 36 other guys!"

Ahhhhhhhhhh that Kevin Smith magic :D

ok, here's one..............

"Hey, I wasn't worried for a micro-second" "Then you obviously didn't understand the situation"

*HINT* Movie comes out July WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

DD

surfphotog
December 26th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Fellow smith fan!
Definately check out clerks 2, while it isn't as good as 1 it still will not dissapoint!, I'll get back to you on the quote when that movie is released!

cezanne
December 26th, 2006, 05:51 PM
"My Cousin Vinny" ?

feh. That's like from a zillion movies. :p

I got a better one:

“My father was a mechanic. His father was a mechanic, my mother's father was a mechanic. My three brothers are mechanics, four uncles on my father's side are mechanics.”

How bout this one... pretty easy but its a classic line: "Did the Germans quit when they bombed Pearl Harbor?! "

buzz1941
December 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Ah, no takers on the "round up every Hindu in New York and make it snappy."

It's from "Charlie Chan in Murder in the Air Over New York."

BTW, one the actors playing a Hindu was Shemp Howard

DiverDown808
December 27th, 2006, 04:16 PM
And no takers on....

"Hey, I wasn't worried for a micro-second" "Then you obviously didn't understand the situation"

*HINT* Movie comes out July WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

I thought for sure some of the sci-fi fans would nail this. It's from Transformers: The Movie.

And yes, the new Transformers CGI movie opens on July of '07. Drooooooooooooooool :D

DD

surfphotog
December 27th, 2006, 09:35 PM
cool loved them crazy bots when i was a wee child!

here's one:

"I'm gonna count now, a man needs a count, for balance"

Stay stoked

Surf Photog

Surf n' Snow Photography!

akrauth
January 1st, 2007, 12:01 AM
Here's one:

Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym.

liberty
January 4th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Here's one:

Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym.

Ooh! School of Rock... the Jack Black character said it!

akrauth
January 19th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Maika'i!

Here's another one:
"Break a leg. In theater that means good luck."

ItsGoTime!
July 5th, 2007, 05:41 AM
And no takers on....

I thought for sure some of the sci-fi fans would nail this. It's from Transformers: The Movie.

And yes, the new Transformers CGI movie opens on July of '07. Drooooooooooooooool :D

DD
I just watched this movie with my 3 year old son last week. Brought back some good memories. Optimus Prime was the man. Such a hero. I still remember the impact that movie had when it was released. I was in Gr 6, and the whole school talked about it. This was a time when not everyone went to go see movies in theatres. Those that did were considered the fortunates, and those that saw "Transformers: The movie" were walking around like Jesus and his disciples. My brother's friend cried when Optimus died, and no one laughed at him.

This game is fun

"Radio? Who needs a radio?"

jdub
July 5th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I love this kind of thread. Here's one, name the Clint Eastwood movie:

"Dyin' ain't no livin', boy."

ItsGoTime!
July 6th, 2007, 06:25 AM

"Dyin' ain't no livin', boy."
Unforgiven? Maybe not. Either way, I love that movie. Hands down best Eastwood movie, both as an actor and as director.

My favourite lines from that movie
Little Bill: "I don't deserve this, to die like this. I was building a house."

Munny: "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

Little Bill: "I'll see you in hell William Munny!"

Munny: "Yeah."

Here'a line"

"What the f*** is the internet?"

sinjin
July 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM

"Dyin' ain't no livin', boy."That's from "The Outlaw Josey Wales" but you have the quote wrong. It's, "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

acousticlady
July 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
This actually came out of a discussion a few of us were having a couple of weeks ago and couldn't agree which movie it came from.

"The truth?, You can't handle the truth!"

cezanne
July 9th, 2007, 07:32 PM
This actually came out of a discussion a few of us were having a couple of weeks ago and couldn't agree which movie it came from.

"The truth?, You can't handle the truth!"

I think that's Jack in "A Few Good Men"... I think..

DannyWilliams
July 9th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I think that's Jack in "A Few Good Men"... I think..

yes its the courtroom scene where Tom Cruise & Jack buttheads

I finally saw this movie and this line jumps right out at me that went something like..........

"Do You Have A Warrant"

and the question posed was replied back as Who needs a warrant when I have this badge.......

acousticlady
July 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Hah! That's what I said! My cousin kept insisting it was Al Pacino in Scent of A Woman.

sinjin
July 10th, 2007, 04:51 AM
"You're wrong, kid. It's not a crime to kill an elephant. It's bigger than all that. It's a sin to kill an elephant. Do you understand? It's a sin. The only sin that you can buy a license and go out to commit. That's why I want to do it before I do anything else in this world. Do you understand me? Of course you don't. How could you? I don't understand it myself."

Glen Miyashiro
July 10th, 2007, 06:59 AM
I finally saw this movie and this line jumps right out at me that went something like..........

"Do You Have A Warrant"

and the question posed was replied back as Who needs a warrant when I have this badge......."If you're the police, where are your warrants?"
"We ain't got no warrants. We don't need no warrants! I don't have to show you any stinking warrants!!"

:p

jdub
July 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM
That's from "The Outlaw Josey Wales" but you have the quote wrong. It's, "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

I stand corrected. That movie is full of great one-liners. Thanks for straightening me out, Sinjin.

sinjin
July 11th, 2007, 04:59 AM
I'm a big Clint fan both as actor and director.

sinjin
July 11th, 2007, 05:03 AM
I stand corrected. That movie is full of great one-liners.True that:

JOSEY: When I get to liking someone, they ain't around long.

LONE WATIE: I notice when you get to disliking someone they ain't around for long neither.

StephS
July 11th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Okay, here's one:

"I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself."

LocoBoy
July 11th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Lt. Jean Rasczak - Starship Troopers. Awesome movie :).

surfphotog
October 8th, 2007, 01:33 AM
"I'm all jacked up on moutin dew!"

any one?

Bob P
October 15th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Maika'i!

Here's another one:
"Break a leg. In theater that means good luck."

Nacho Libre?

Fat Jeff
October 16th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Here's one...

Performer: "Hey cowboy, are you in showbusiness?"
Cowboy: "No Ma'm."
Performer: "Then get your f***ing feet off the stage!"

Kittrick
October 16th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Here's one...

Performer: "Hey cowboy, are you in showbusiness?"
Cowboy: "No Ma'm."
Performer: "Then get your f***ing feet off the stage!"

Blazing Saddles

Fat Jeff
October 16th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Blazing Saddles

We have a winnah!

Kittrick
October 16th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Here's one:

"I flipped through catalogs and wondered: What kind of dining set defines me as a person?"

also a great quote (from book of the movie):

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned."

Bob P
October 17th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Fight Club!

Here's one:

"Her womb was a barren field upon which my seed could not find purchase."

Kittrick
October 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Fight Club!

that is correct!

mergecross
January 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I like this game, so I'll try to revive it.
Here's one:

"Dear fellas,
I can't believe how fast things move on the outside. I saw an automobile once when I was a kid but now they're everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry."

Spin Dr.
January 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I like this game, so I'll try to revive it.
Here's one:

"Dear fellas,
I can't believe how fast things move on the outside. I saw an automobile once when I was a kid but now they're everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big damn hurry."

A classic scene from one of my favorite films from a story by one of my favorite authors.

Since I don't want to spoil this for others, you can scroll over my answer in between the quotes to see the answer.

"The Shawshank Redemption. "

mergecross
January 25th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Too easy huh?
Here's another one:

"In my club...I vill splash zee pot ven-ever zee fack I please"

aoimizu
February 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Fight Club!

Here's one:

"Her womb was a barren field upon which my seed could not find purchase."
Raising Arizona..seen it too many times.
John Goodman:"Them balloons blow up into funny shapes?"
William Forsyth:"Nah,just circular."

Kittrick
February 5th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Here's one:

"Jedi's the most insulting installment. Because Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls off his mask to reveal a feeble, crusty, old white man! They tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!"

Bob P
February 7th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Here's one:

"Jedi's the most insulting installment. Because Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls off his mask to reveal a feeble, crusty, old white man! They tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!"

Chasing Amy!

pzarquon
February 7th, 2008, 06:47 AM
"F*** you, batteries."

Kittrick
February 9th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Chasing Amy!

that is correct!

aoimizu
March 21st, 2008, 03:21 AM
Movie1:Ay! Will ya watch the hair!? I work on my hair a long time ya know an he hits it. He hits my hair.(Brooklyn accent)

Movie2:They brought their f**king toys with them!

Jim75
March 21st, 2008, 06:08 AM
Movie1:Ay! Will ya watch the hair!? I work on my hair a long time ya know an he hits it. He hits my hair.(Brooklyn accent)Saturday Night Fever

How about this one - "You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

aoimizu
March 22nd, 2008, 05:07 AM
Easy Rider.

Here's another one:"Whattaya need that grabber for Alvin?"
Alvin:"grabbin'"