What have you tried "NEW" that you picked up at the supermarket today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you tried "NEW" that you picked up at the supermarket today

I awlays manage to find "NEW" food items at SAFEWAY like.......

Special K Choclately Delight CEREAL - It basically chocolate bits added in. Since its on SALE I am always game to try it out. If I don't like it I can always NOT buy it again in the future. Not bad........

Pop Tarts - Chocolate Mint

CARIBOU Granola Bars - It's put our by General Mills. They came out with Vanilla Latte, some other coffee like flavor I can't recall but my personal fave and newest addition is CHOCOLATE MINT! Mmmmmmmm! Broke Da Mouth fo me!

NEW but haven't tried yet

NATURE VALLEY Cereals - The folks that brought us GRANOLA Bars now have them in Cereal Form. Looking on the side panel made me go WHOA! Back! Back! They came in 2 flavors

Sierra MIST Cranberry

Re: What have you tried "NEW" that you picked up at the supermarket today

This may not be helpful to you Hawaii folks, but I found something at Trader Joes the other day that made me slap my head and say "Why didn't I think of that?"

Trays of pre-chopped fresh herbs, frozen into little individual one-tablespoon cubes! I picked up some basil and cilantro, but they also had garlic, parsley, and maybe a one or two others. This is genius for those of us who like to cook, but never use the whole bunch of basil/cilantro/parsley at once and hate seeing the rest die a horrible slow death in the produce drawer of the fridge. Can't wait to make some salsa and guac this weekend!

Comment

hmmmmm........ I may have to swing by that section in TJ's to see what that is up close when I get a box of Australian Red Licorice......

Comment

I didn't go to the supermarket today!

Comment

I was eyeing the new Quaker Oats Chocolate Oat Crunch cereal in the local QFC (Krogers) the other day, but I put it down when I saw the calorie count and the amount of sugar (less than full sugared cereal, but still there) and the price (almost $5.00 for a small box) so I put it back and will head back to oatmeal and Grape Nuts. Picked up some wasabi mustard at Safeway. The stuff's actually very tasty on fish or crab cakes.

Tomorrow's my big supermarket day (I usually have to go to 3 supermarkets to get everything I need), so who knows what I'll find on the shelves?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

safeway vitamins (I normally get naturade max pack). Damned pills made for gut rot, but looking at the expiration date, it has almost a year to go. $14 down the drain and tomorrow off to Longs I go to properly replenish my vitamins.

pax

Comment

all holiday season they were advertising this thing called Yogo's, a yogurt covered fruit snack. I could never find it til the other weak at times. it wasnt worth the wait. it had a candy shell, the 'yogurt' was barely there. all i really tasted was the candy shell and something gummy.
              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                safeway vitamins (I normally get naturade max pack). Damned pills made for gut rot, [...]
                Do they contain yeast? That's what rots my gut in vitamins.

Comment

Spam on sale dis week at foodland...$1.67 a can. decided on hot and spicy variety. ONO fried up w/rice !

Comment

Originally posted by OnoLoa View Post
                    Spam on sale dis week at foodland...$1.67 a can. decided on hot and spicy variety. ONO fried up w/rice !
                    Kinda' like Kim Chee Fried Rice den. Sounds ono.

An absolutely new experience for me was the recent purchase of this...

Fresh, whole Jalapeno Chili Peppers, purchased at Tropic Fish & Vegetable Market at Ward, $2.99/lbs. Shown whole, halved and seeded.

I got them to make Jalapeno Wontons (like poppers, but wrapped in wonton wrappers instead). I screwed up a little by soaking them too long in hot water (to soften them). They lost most of their "pepper" flavor, except the "HOT" part. The melted Jack cheese more than made up for it though. Was still ono.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Didn't get it today, dunno if its new, but it's something I never tried and got at Times it's called... *runs over to fridge* Sugois Garlic Dipping Sauce and Glaze. Good with shrimp tempura, dipping chicken katsu, meat jun... oohhh maybe lumpia too.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                        Didn't get it today, dunno if its new, but it's something I never tried and got at Times it's called... *runs over to fridge* Sugois Garlic Dipping Sauce and Glaze. Good with shrimp tempura, dipping chicken katsu, meat jun... oohhh maybe lumpia too.
                        That product comes from Sugoi Bento and Catering in City Square off Dillingham. There's several other flavors on the market beside that one as well. Those guys must be doing quite well.

Let us know how it is when you try it!

I bought that Molokai Roadside Steak Marinade a while ago and must say, it tastes pretty WEIRD straight outta' the bottle. VERY GARLIC'EY. I have yet to actually marinade some steaks and grill it. I'll keep you all posted when that happens.

On the label it read, "When two guys from Oahu went fishing on Molokai they brought the steaks but forgot the seasonings! That's how Molokai Roadside Marinade was born". The ingredients are Tangerine juice, soy beans, shoyu, sugar, wine, garlic and chili peppers.
                        Last edited by Pomai; March 3, 2007, 09:11 AM. Reason: photo
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Triscuit Baked Whole Grain Crackers - Rosemary & Olive Oil flavor

Top that with a slice of cheese (in my case tonight, Brie), either at room temp' or melted in the toaster oven.

The Rosemary, Olive Oil and salt seasoning is subtle, while having just enough punch to bring out the flavor of the topping (such as cheese!), further enhanced by the texture contrast of that whole wheat Triscuit crunch.

Fantastic even plain.

Highly recommended!
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Didn't go supermarket today, but did go to the stadium flea market. Picked up some soft taegu and a couple of Korean musubis the lady was making. Korean style nori filled with rice, that soft taegu and kimchee. Wow!

I haven't been to the flea market in a couple of years, so it was new to me.

Comment

Saba Mirin Boshi from Marukai.
                              Though the marinated filets were previously frozen, it came out of my oven tasting better than what I've had from many restaurants.

Can't wait to have the organic prime grade rib eye steak we picked up for dinner tomorrow (another first). It's a special treat made even sweeter by the $2 discount for a day-old cut. Marbling for days!
                              "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
                              X