What have you tried "NEW" that you picked up at the supermarket today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you tried "NEW" that you picked up at the supermarket today

I didn't leave the house today, but my trip to the grocer's a few days ago, I tried a new, extra-dark chocolate bar, wow, it is so dark that it's almost bitter, but isn't. Tea on top of that and I was dancing a happy dance.

Tried Veggie flavored Ritz crackers weekly trip before that, and they're pretty good with soup.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

SkyFlakes crackers, an import from the Philippines, are already AWESOME, but you gotta' try their new GARLIC FLAVOR!...

Each packet includes 3 layers of 3 "sets" of crackers

Yeah.. Garlic! Crispy, slightly buttery, with just a hint of garlic that's not overpowering, yet you know it's there. Based on taste alone, you'd think these were baked by some high profile gourmet Chef. Seriously.

These would be the perfect accompaniment with any soup, or with a cheese or spread topping.

What's nice is that they're wrapped in single servings like this to preserve freshness, also making them perfect to pack with home lunches!

As far as I know, the only place currently where you can get the Garlic Flavor version is at Pacific Market in Waipahu, where for just about $1 you get a package of 10 packets shown here. Amazingly cheap, yet SUPER AWESOME! Highly recommended.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Aloha Mango/Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze for BBQ. But I didn't pick it up 'cuz Uwajimaya Beaverton doesn't carry it, even during Hawaiian Days! Sheesh. So Miulang became my personal shopper and sent me a bottle from Seattle Uwaji's. Mahalo nui, sista!

Used it on kalbi and was fabulous!

Uwaji Beaverton ordered a bunch for me so I can get it locally.
        Aloha,
        Mokihana

Comment

I didn't buy a can myself, but today my coworker/friend gave me a sample of the NEW Garlic-flavored SPAM.

Winnah! Like those SkyFlakes crackers I posted previously, the garlic isn't overpowering, but just enough to enhance the flavor. He made it Shoyu-sugar style. Nice.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Hawaiian Sun Green Tea Lychee with Gingseng

We recently picked up a six-pack of this new item to try...

Hawaiian Sun Green Tea Lychee with Gingseng
            Ingredients: Water, natural cane sugar, high fructose corn syrup, green tea, natural lychee flavor, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid and ginseng.

So how is it? It tastes like a liquid version of those Lychee soft gel candies. In fact it's more that than Green Tea in flavor. It tastes like the real Lychee fruit in a synthetic, almost soapy way. This would never work at room temp'. Gotta' be ice cold.

Too "liquid candy-ish" for me, so I wouldn't buy it again. Yet, like everything else, at least try it yourself. You might like it.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Okay I could have done without the pic of the peepee sample too.

Comment

on the way to a friend's house to watch the UH game last night, we stopped at foodland hawaii kai foodland to pick up some pineapple orange crystal light and vodka to fill our jug-o-cocktail. instead of the usual ketel one, we picked up this blast from the past--something we thought was completely banned from hawaii. but i guess the makers decided to create a version that wasn't so potent, proofwise, thereby becoming legal again.

upon hearing the name of the liquor in the "jungle juice," many people initially balked at drinking it. but eric, being a former bartender, made sure the ratio of alcohol to crystal light was reasonable. i drank it all night, whilst watching the game and doing my biology homework (junk!) and never got worse than slightly tipsy. of course, the ahi poke, chips, and sub sandwich i ate probably helped.

anyway, if you're interested, the bottle was on sale for $15.99 with a maikai card.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

pineapple orange crystal light? Did I hear that correctly? OMG. I have GOT to find that.
                  n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                    pineapple orange crystal light? Did I hear that correctly? OMG. I have GOT to find that.

funny that you comment on that, and not the everclear. pineapple crystal light is easy to find--it's on sale for $5.70-ish at foodland with a maikai card. mind you, it doesn't taste much like real pineapple or real orange, but it is tasty in its own way. we also like strawberry kiwi, fruit punch, and raspberry ice. we found the strawberry-banana-orange a little too sweet. nice alternative to plain water when you don't want something sugary or caffeinated. some of our friends like the crystal light to go packets, but mostly we just buy the tubs and make a pitcher-full at home, and usually without alcohol unless we're bringing it to a party.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                    X