• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to use search function

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    You betta be!

Ai you! No scare us lidat!

*whack-whack*

So are you looking for HT threads which talk about divorce, or on the rest of the web? Are you looking for something specific?
    (((Hugs))) and XOXO

I'll take this to PM

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The whole point of the search feature is to see if a topic has been previously discussed. If not, or if your question isn't answered by the results you find, then you should start a new thread. The primary problem with any message board is people who start threads without searching first, but searching is more than half the battle.

Comment

The search function has to work first. It has now been fixed on HT.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

See what happens when you let me loose with a new search engine? Now I found the old thread about breadfruit!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            Now I found the old thread about breadfruit!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!
            Old, embarrassing posts are no longer safe. We've created a monster!

Here's another cute Google trick; enter this as your search term:

1 mile in km

Yet another reason why America doesn't have to switch to the metric system!
            "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
            "
            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
              Okay. I've added Google Custom Search to the "Search" drop down here at HawaiiThreads.com as the first search option. I think I broke something else in the process, and the results page is bare bones, but now new and veteran users should be able to find what they're looking for much more easily.
              Ah, thanks! (Of course Google has a search for that.) vBulletin's alleged "search" feature has been a PITA for years. Meanwhile Google's search has been popping up threads in as little as 24 hours on some of the boards I read.

Could you give us a link or a paragraph on where/how to install "Custom Search" on vBulletin boards? I'd like to have a little constructive chat with another vBulletin board administrator who's heavily into denial about his problem...
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                Okay. I've added Google Custom Search to the "Search" drop down here at HawaiiThreads.com as the first search option. I think I broke something else in the process, and the results page is bare bones, but now new and veteran users should be able to find what they're looking for much more easily.
                Whoa. I hadn't done a search for a while and didn't know about this till just now. Cool!

Comment

Working...
                X