Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F-ing with my thread titles

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    ... why then would one not think by-chance there could be more of that behind the ocassional mysterious title?
    no retort, was just referring to your own post. sorry, ron, i'm not about to get into some pi$$ing contest with you. If you think I'm wrong, so be it. I do enjoy your posts, tho...
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

The titles are descriptive. How much more descriptive can - Vintage Hawaiian footage, be in three words?
      True but what about the body of the post itself. There is no description of what you are trying to say other than "Hawaii once had it all..." and then there are just links to 14 videos with no idea what is going on other than it is "Vintage Hawaii footage" (or Vintage Hawaiian footage) which could mean any of the following possible things:
      1. videos of the Big Island during the 1950's
      2. videos from around the State of Hawaii during the 1960's
      3. video clips from Hawaii Five-O from the 1970's
      4. various clips of showing the feet of the senior citizens from the State of Hawaii
      5. clips from when they shot Raiders of the Lost Ark on Kauai during the late 1970's
      6. clips showing an old Hawaiian Airlines DC-9 flying around
      7. pictures of slippers
      8. beach pictures from the 1980's
      9. life in the state of Hawaii during the 1990's
      10. videos of the various Bank of Hawaii or First Hawaiian Bank Buildings
      11. footage of old newscasts from Hawaii
      12. footage of life in Hawaii during the 1940's
      13. footage from the 1971 Kukui High School Prom
      14. old foot long ruler from KTA or Big Save or Foodland

Are all 14 videos done by the same person or all 14 videos are about the same subject done by 14 different people? What makes one special that the other 13 don't have?

Another thing to consider is that if you just post an URL with no explanination in the body of the post, what happens if the target of that URL no longer exist?

The thing one has to consider is that by posting an URL it is meant to enhance or backup the discussion and not be the launching point to someplace else.
      Last edited by helen; January 27, 2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

No sweat, and it was veiled levity that I used about you being wrong, tg, I'm not into heating this up further.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          True but what about the body of the post itself. There is no description of what you are trying to say other than "Hawaii once had it all..." and then there are just links to 14 videos with no idea what is going on other than it is "Vintage Hawaii footage" (or Vintage Hawaiian footage) which could mean any of the following possible things:
          1. videos of the Big Island during the 1950's
          2. videos from around the State of Hawaii during the 1960's
          3. video clips from Hawaii Five-O from the 1970's
          4. various clips of showing the feet of the senior citizens from the State of Hawaii
          5. clips from when they shot Raiders of the Lost Ark on Kauai during the late 1970's
          6. clips showing an old Hawaiian Airlines DC-9 flying around
          7. pictures of slippers
          8. beach pictures from the 1980's
          9. life in the state of Hawaii during the 1990's
          10. videos of the various Bank of Hawaii or First Hawaiian Bank Buildings
          11. footage of old newscasts from Hawaii
          12. footage of life in Hawaii during the 1940's
          13. footage from the 1971 Kukui High School Prom
          14. old foot long ruler from KTA or Big Save or Foodland

Are all 14 videos done by the same person or all 14 videos are about the same subject done by 14 different people? What makes one special that the other 13 don't have?
          Another thing to consider is that if you just post an URL with no explanination in the body of the post, what happens if the target of that URL no longer exist?
          The thing one has to consider is that by posting an URL it is meant to enhance or backup the discussion and not be the launching point to someplace else.
          I didn't see the need to elaborate. The title tells what it is, my few words say what I felt, it's obvious it's all youtube videos, one click and you know what you're getting overall.
          With such little attention to most of my posts I'll assume few care, and that's quite ok, but it leaves me feeling that to elucidate is pointless.
          And a non-working url leaves most threads a frustrating mystery because too many have too little descriptive dialog no matter how many replys.

Bottom line, obviously we are being encouraged to dumb our titles down to boring similarities. I can see the points per the forum mods, but it's opposite of how I think. I'll try to be more generic and blase' on HT.

Comment

You live in a world smaller and even odder than mine.
            That may be true, but only because my world has narrow standards to which I adhere.
            Last edited by salmoned; January 27, 2011, 11:12 PM.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Thank you for admitting one of your faults.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                That may be true, but only because my world has narrow standards to which I adhere.
                Thank you for admitting one of your faults.
                For what it’s worth, I would consider this a virtue, not a fault, and though the devil is in the definition of the word ‘narrow,’ it is one I also adhere to.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                X