X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post of the Month (Sept. '05)

Originally posted by scrivener
    But Surfingfarmboy's nice offer to reward someone with Cheerwine makes me wonder how fun this would be as a one-time thing. Anyone else on board?
    I have something, in terms of non-alcoholic beverages, that I'm betting few in HI have had, that might make for a funky kind of fun prize (Yes, I did say that about Cheerwine). How about a couple bottles of Moxie? The "national" soft drink of the state of Maine. About the only people, in my opinion, who can tolerate that drink are native Down-Easters; anybody else (I'm convinced you have to be from Maine to really like it) is just faking it. Kind of like giving a mainlander a really strong and potent white li hing mui plum for the first time, watching their face wrinkle up as he/she tries to eat it (not savor it) and say, "Oh yeah..this is good!"

Moxie, BTW, is a soda flavored with gentian root, and it has a taste that you can not acquire a liking for if you're not from Maine, no matter how hard you try!

Scriv, I say: "Let's go for it". Let's give this post of the month idea a chance.

Comment

Anyone got a couple of unopened cans of Primo lying around? Now that would be a prize...
      Last edited by Palolo Joe; September 15, 2005, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I nominate this POST because I remember the times back then and I like the artwork!
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

My vote for post of the month:http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...5&postcount=28

Not sure what's on the menu (I haven't gone to a game in a while). Just the usual grinds, I guess. My uncles never disappoint.

Def stop by and check it out if you go, Manoa. You won't be disappointed. The tailgate is usually more fun than the actual game itself. Chances are, I'll jus end up hanging out there the whole time.

Hey Marco... You still going to be hanging outside during the game? Tickets are sold out... and I won't know till saturday a few hours before if I get the extra tickets from a co-worker.... Maybe I'll have to join you outside the game

At the San Jose game... had plenty Scalpers just trying to unload tickets for like $10.00 right outside the main entrance.... I wonder how much the scalpers price will be for this one will be?

Comment

thanks for reviving this thread, Manoa...Kahalabrah *sigh* I wonder what ever happened to that guy? If anyone needed to hug a haole, it was he.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
              thanks for reviving this thread, Manoa...Kahalabrah *sigh* I wonder what ever happened to that guy? If anyone needed to hug a haole, it was he.
              You want to know what pua... some how the link i posted was not the one I intended....and instead linked it to something I said myself... but oh well... moving on...

a post of the month thread seems like a good idea that I never had the opportunity to participate in before I joined HT.... I only learned about the POTM because someone else was viewing it... but I do agree with something like that.... I just wish I could edit the link I initially posted because I meant to link something else.... and I've read so many posts all day now... that I can't remember the one I was looking for... and that bothers me... so I guess in a sense... it shouldn't qualify since me myself can't remember the buggah I really wanted to post!

Comment

Working...
              X