Clear All

• Re: Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

You may want to check the following video at Ryan's Lightfantastic site:

http://www.lightfantastic.org/imr/extras/videoblog/

Watch it to the very end.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Nope. Don't watch it till the very end. There's absolutely NUTTIN.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Danger, Danger, Will Robinson!
        warning, warning, headache in da morning.
        Profanity, and etc., etc...

http://tikitv.com/huiht.mov

Comment

A few observations from Ryan's video:
          First, that was some great video of Menehune Man. The guy never stops smiling. Second, I really wish I'd stayed longer; I left shortly after Kimo55 and Madazza arrived so I could get a bunch of work done, and I didn't accomplish much of anything. Finally, I can't believe how much weight I've put on. I've got to do something about that starting today.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm INNOCENT! I blame it on the liquor and I didn't know the video can record voices.

The reason is some Video Cameras such as mine don't.

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; April 9, 2006, 11:53 PM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
              I can't believe how much weight I've put on.
              If ya stuck around, ya coulda stood next to me and looked real skinny!

Comment

Wow, that tapa is awesome!

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for a great picnic... despite the multiple missteps by yours truly! It was good to see 1stwahine (and Antonio and Izzy), manoasurfer123, AbsolutChaos (and beau), Palama Kid (and "Palama Mom"), Menehune Man (and "Menehune Wife," Sulu), Kimo55, MadAzza, Scrivener, Keith H., Tutusue, and a cameo by Dick... Kilinahe (and Katie, Zac and Alex) and I enjoyed the company, the view, the weather, and the food.

Thanks, Mel, for posting the link to my video (after I got it edited, we turned in!). It's also at YouTube (Flash) and BlipTV (MPEG4). I'll save Kimo's video for when I get home. Thanks, Menehune Man, 1stwahine, and everyone for sharing your photos!

Comment

I sorry. Things got away from me and the picnic came way too quick.

pzarquon! Very neat video and the music couldn't have been better. Made me feel like I was there.
                    Auntie, great laugh at the end. <LOL>

Comment

Looks like everyone had a great time, and TutuSue scored with that beautiful tapa from Auntie! Sorry I missed the event...
                      Any chance those photos will be put into some kind of online album where the thumbnails can be enlarged?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

dass ok, lika. possibly, next one coming up wikiwiki;
                        only fo da headstrong and with sealegs. goin be on da catamaran. whootah!
                        Last edited by kimo55; April 10, 2006, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the postings, the photos & the videos (though I couldn't get kimo55's video - only audio.) I recognized many of you in Ryan's video, thanks to the photos. And the food --- looked SO ono-licious! (That's one of my kumu hula's favorite words.)

So, while resting at home Sunday in Seattle, I hoisted one in all y'all's honor; when I told the Alpha Female where you were gathered, she said "oh, you know where that is --- we had lunch right there with my Auntie when we were back last year." Thanks for picking a location in town that this mainlander could have found his way to from Kane`ohe.

Comment

I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer. However, I wanted to say I had a great time, and the food was delish! I enjoyed meeting some of you in person after having so much HT online conversations. Here are my contributions to the picnic pics...

Lookin' Happy and Pretending the Polluted Water Behind You Isn't Deadly...

Spinach salad, yum! Don't you wish all kids liked spinach this much?

Discussing the Honolulu Marathon...

Doin' a little rearranging...better Feng Shui, right?

Brave Explorers Investigate Kakaako Park...

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                              Thanks for the postings, the photos & the videos though I couldn't get kimo55's video - only audio.
                              try downloading the latest version of quicktime for mac or windoze. whatever you have. that should do it...
                              taaanx!

Comment

Pics Continued...

Movie star takes break on HT filming location...while Feng Shui expert makes sure chair is facing the right way...

Guardians of the Wall...

Jumping in da water might kill ya--but lookin' at it won't! (I hope...)

Keeping this bbq runnin' smoothly is hard work...I need a drink. Cheers to HT!

Comment

Working...
                                X