Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Let's Hui! HawaiiThreads Picnic Planning

Anyone got any "toys/games" to bring?

ie; croquet, lawn darts (do they still make them), Frisbee(s), Volleyball set,
    horeshoe set? etc????

Hope the weather stays like it was today on this side.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      I'm chopping onions and bell peppers for tomorrows picnic!

Here's my next invention: Pre-Cut Fresh Onions and peppers.

If they can sell salads straight from the bag...why can't they sell fresh cut-up onions and peppers...

Everyone knows cutting onions makes you cry!

Most my other ingredients have been pre-shredded/cut/and or packaged so that I don't have to Cry over a meal!
      They're in the freezer section of your favorite grocery store! Dunno how fresh they are, but...

Comment

I'm chopping onions and bell peppers for tomorrows picnic!

Here's my next invention: Pre-Cut Fresh Onions and peppers.

If they can sell salads straight from the bag...why can't they sell fresh cut-up onions and peppers...

Everyone knows cutting onions makes you cry!

Most my other ingredients have been pre-shredded/cut/and or packaged so that I don't have to Cry over a meal!
        You can buy frozen chopped onions AND frozen peppers at Safeway. In fact, I used some frozen red, yellow, and green peppers for tonight's fajitas. They're cut into julienne-style strips.

When Dad died I discovered that he'd had a compulsion to buy frozen chopped onions; there must have been four bags of them in the freezer.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Great minds think alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
            You can buy frozen chopped onions AND frozen peppers at Safeway. In fact, I used some frozen red, yellow, and green peppers for tonight's fajitas. They're cut into julienne-style strips.

When Dad died I discovered that he'd had a compulsion to buy frozen chopped onions; there must have been four bags of them in the freezer.
            Difference still between fresh and frozen...

I want ones that have been cut and NEVER been frozen!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Here's the tally thus far, from "definites" to "pretty sures":
              [*]Palama Kid - Sumpin from Liliha Bakery
              Well, I stopped by Liliha Bakery and the line was full out to the parking lot.

Since my mom's stove is working, I'll bake sumpin tonight. Don't expect coco puffs.
              Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Difference still between fresh and frozen...

I want ones that have been cut and NEVER been frozen!
                Yeah, 'cause doesn't the process of freezing remove some of the hydration from the vegetable?

Still, I'd probably use 'em, if I had them on hand and felt lazy. But cutting fresh onions doesn't bother me much.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  Yeah, 'cause doesn't the process of freezing remove some of the hydration from the vegetable?

Still, I'd probably use 'em, if I had them on hand and felt lazy. But cutting fresh onions doesn't bother me much.
                  I cut fresh onions for everything, but I use the frozen peppers because it's cheaper to buy a one-pound sack of them for about $2.99 (all three varieties in one bag, too) than it is to pay up to $5.99/lb for a single yellow pepper. They retain a fair bit of flavor, but it helps to thaw them first, because they get encrusted with frost in the bag.

Comment

Aw. I saw Linkmeister's posts in here and thought, "Yay! He's coming!"

Well, we can still hope!

Thanks, MadAzza, for taking on the beverages. I'll of course still be bringing a pot of rice, a small propane grill, and plates, utensils, and napkins.

My family and I will be all over all day tomorrow, so this might be my last post for this picnic. Again, this will show you where we're congregating, accurate to within five meters. If anyone gets lost or wants to get in touch, my cell number is 372-3372. I should be there by 10:30, but if anyone beats me there don't hesitate to try and commandeer a couple of picnic benches in the pavillion area.

See you all there!

Comment

Sweet dreams everybody! I can't wait to see you tomarrow. Don't worry, I'm taking a Double Dose of my Lithium!

ROFLMAO

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie pUpUle
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

We're here. Well, me, Kilinahe, our kids, Palama Kid (and "Palama Mom"), Menehune Man (and "Menehune Wife")...

Helen, sorry you can't make it. MadAzza, I deleted your voicemail but misremembered your number! Hope we'll see you and Kimo55 eventually.

There's a box of Liliha Bakery cocoa puffs calling our names...

Comment

I can't make it today, due to I am coming down with a cold. You folks have fun okay!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            There's a box of Liliha Bakery cocoa puffs calling our names...
                            Hey, that was my contribution, not Liliha Bakery's. Arguably, the most difficult part of this contribution was getting the Liliha Bakery-looking box (and receipt). The baking part was easy.

I and Palama Mama had a great time. Too bad my pitchers are too big to be attached. I'll have 'em on snapfish.

Maybe I'll schedule my future visits so I can make these get-togethers. I'll continue to bring my homemade coco puffs, if requested.
                            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Enjoyed meeting everyone today...

Hope you liked the "spaghetti creation"

Like I said before... I'm not the greatest of cooks.

Thank you weather for holding up for us.

Whack Whack
                              Hope you made it home in one piece

Comment

MadAzza and Kimo55 just dropped me to my Hale at MWH! Today's get-to-gether was awesome! Meeting everyone and talking story - Great Fun! The food plentiful and delicious.

Drinks that were provided by Maddie and Kimo were intoxicating and made me Buzz all the way home.

Manoasurfer123, I enjoyed your company and your baked spaghetti. Antonio did too. AbsolutChaos, Antonio went wild for the spinach! The cream cocoa puffs that Palama Kid made was the best!!!! Yummy, betta than Liliha Bakery!

Mahalo, everyone for a day of fun, laughter and food!

Ryan, Kilinahe, Scriv, Menehune Man and wife, Keith, Palama Kid, Palama Mama, Madazza, Kimo55, Manoasurfer123, Tutusue, AbsolutChaos and handsome runner boyfriend, da Photographer and hubby, Dick, and anybody else I when miss. Oh, yeah...Katie, Zac, Alex, Antonio and Izzy!

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; April 9, 2006, 04:21 PM.
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X