X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by Aaron S
    What does that have to do with anything ?.

Ignore... smignore... whatever.

The moderation post was not directed to you. At that post I quoted no one and certainly wasn't thinking about you.

Read carefully.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
      Read carefully.

Two can tango....
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Two can tango....

I don't dance.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

No way in the heck you are in your 40's...no way..I've read what you've
          written over the years. Your views mirror my grandfather who is in his
          80s. In short your ultra conservative views are from someone in their
          50-60s...

As for the other statement, I stand by it. I've seen, I've lived it how older
          generations have screwed over my generation and so on.
          Aaron...Mel's moderator reference was in reply to someone else's post further up this page. And, yes, it would've been helpful if the quote had been used.

That said...
          Legalize and tax pot...
          Legalize and tax prostitution...
          Elect a woman president...
          Make love, not war...
          Oh Lord, kumbaya (before your time!)

Now, now...please don't pigeonhole those of us over 50...way over 50!

Each generation has had their share of screw ups and will continue to do so. I can only hope that with each generation there will be a few less screw ups. Regardless, the world changes and those changes bring new challenges which will bring new screw ups. Hopefully you'll continue to enjoy the ride of life long after I'm dead and gone!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            Aaron...Mel's moderator reference was in reply to someone else's post further up this page. And, yes, it would've been helpful if the quote had been used.
            Yes that would've been helpful. Then I wouldnt have been confused.

Now, now...please don't pigeonhole those of us over 50...way over 50!
            Each generation has had their share of screw ups and will continue to do so. I
            I guess its from being exposed to a lot of older people with conservative
            or ultra conservative views. I've just figured most older folks are like that.....
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by mel
              I don't dance.
              My point was you should be heeding your advise too ? You got all flustered
              by my comments and took it out of context..
              The Kona Blog

Comment

I guess its from being exposed to a lot of older people with conservative
                or ultra conservative views. I've just figured most older folks are like that.....
                Here's an interesting point to ponder: I heard this gerontologist say once that medical science has increased the theoretical longevity of the human body to the point where it should be able to survive until around the age of 120 or so before it wears out (assuming the person doesn't have any bad habits, I guess). If that's the case, then "old age" doesn't even hit until you're in your 80s or 90s and people in their 60s are still in the prime of their lives and should be considered MIDDLE AGED! (And not all older people are conservative or neoconservative. They are just more pragmatic because they've seen so much in their lives and know the difference between being optimistic and practical )

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                  [...]If that's the case, then "old age" doesn't even hit until you're in your 80s or 90s and people in their 60s are still in the prime of their lives and should be considered MIDDLE AGED![...]
                  Ummm...I never knew 60s wasn't considered middle age! I learn sumthin' new everyday on HT. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Comment

Ummm...I never knew 60s wasn't considered middle age! I learn sumthin' new everyday on HT. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
                    Well, to some of the young 'uns, anyone over 50 belongs in a nursing home, Tutusue! Hell, I ain''t going down without a fair fight!

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

[...]I've just figured most older folks are like that.....
                      Maybe most older folks are like that. But, we middle agers are still on the liberal/conservative fence waiting to fall to one side or the other!

Comment

Well, to some of the young 'uns, anyone over 50 belongs in a nursing home, Tutusue![...]
                        <sigh>I remember when I thought exactly that! O'course, I was still in grammar school! I remember when my parents turned 50. They were way too young to have that number attached to them! And now my daughter is only a decade away.

It happens soooooo fast!

Comment

Honey, I'm Home! I'm ready to RUMBLE!

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Another reason for the young 'uns not to wave the "old age" card in Hawai'i too openly: look at this map of the US that shows where the population of 65+ lives right now. Hawai'i has somewhere from 13-14% of its entire population aged 65+, and demographically that number is expected to increase more dramatically than any other state in the union over the next decade (to something like 1 in 4 residents, and this increase is not from inmigration of retired people, it's from the aging of the resident population already in Hawai'i).

Miulang
                            Last edited by Miulang; April 16, 2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Another reason for the young 'uns not to wave the "old age" card in Hawai'i too openly: look at this map of the US that shows where the population of 65+ lives right now. Hawai'i has somewhere from 13-14% of its entire population aged 65+, and demographically that number is expected to increase more dramatically than any other state in the union over the next decade (to something like 1 in 4 residents, and this increase is not from inmigration of retired people, it's from the aging of the resident population already in Hawai'i).
                              Blah, blah, blah... just be sure to do all of us Hawaii residents a favor and retire up there on the mainland.

Oh, and isn't amazing Mel? I'm not the only one calling you on your BS anymore...

Comment

Ha! ha! Joe that was so mean, that answers the original question! peace man!

Comment

Working...
                                X