X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by MadAzza
    I tried to PM you but you're full of ... messages.
    I love it!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gOOD nIGHT

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Re: why make it personal...

Originally posted by kimo55
      our island chat room is slowly being redeveloped and usurped by non islanders.
      Would that your heart was as big as your mouth.
      Hate 'em when they come not knowing how to act and hate 'em for trying to learn. Nice.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

solly sin. yer nooot even close.
        but taaanx for helping me prove my point.
        Last edited by kimo55; August 7, 2006, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Re: why make it personal...

Originally posted by MadAzza
          And please explain what you mean by "non-islanders." You? Me? Leo Lakio? Surfingfarmboy? Who, exactly? Then perhaps you can explain how these "non-islanders" are forcing "islanders" to make mean comments.
          ...yeah, was wondering about that myself, but...not sweating it.

If kimo55 decides to run a board that's restricted to Island residents only, I can respect that. admin seems to be okay with us "outsiders" being on HT, so that's where that stands.

I don't feel that kimo55 has a bad or severely erroneous impression of me, nor I of him, so I don't suffer any pain from his "mainlander" jibes. If he really does generalize and stereotype ALL non-Hawai`i residents the way his posts sometimes imply, that's a problem he'll have to deal with, not me. Personally, I look forward to the day we can raise a few glasses together (along with many others on HT.)

But I'm leaving my naivettes at home.

Comment

Now, leo. you KNOW it is bad form to respond with any form of
            "But not EVRYone on the mainland is an ass!"

of COURSE I am not making all inclusive statements. and i clarify that.

Comment

Now, leo. you KNOW it is bad form to respond with any form of
              "But not EVRYone on the mainland is an ass!"
              Yeah...but does bad form make HT a bad forum? (As in "too" mean? Or is it just the right amount of mean?)

(And I would not recommend that anyone try to make sense of that statement. I need lunch now.)

Comment

solly sin. yer nooot even close.
                but taaanx for helping me prove my point.
                What am I missing? How do I help prove your point?
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

The point is, there is no point.

Trying to nail Kimo down to a firm answer is like trying to herd a bunch of cats. In the end, they still get away, and you're just tired and covered with cat hair. The further you push an argument, the more pithy
                  and straaaangely
                  pre-sented
                  hissssssssssssss
                  answers............get, and
                  eventually, he'll invoke a non sequitur of some kind and skip away, chuckling at how he really got you going again.

I agree that HawaiiThreads has its share of unusual personalities... I just wish some of them weren't reliably the first to unleash their own brand of welcome on newcomers who don't know any better.

Comment

well... mostly the question has no answer and it would simply lead to arguementation. OR... the answer is here on the boards anyway, already.
                    But I do like your scenario, Pzarq. a zoological analogy. more fun to imagine.
                    particularly flattered that I am in condition to "skip"... away.
                    next, you'll have me "snuggling"
                    Last edited by kimo55; August 7, 2006, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Will the real Kimo please stand up...........

You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I like the "melon head" Ninja one the best! Yeah, that be Kimo!

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Don't sweat it gang. It's just Kimo Therapy. And everyone knows how Kimo Therapy hits both the good and bad cells...
                          Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

It's enough to drive one to toke to combat the ad nausea.

Comment

Originally posted by Moto
                              It's just Kimo Therapy.
                              Originally posted by pzarquon
                              The point is, there is no point...like trying to herd a bunch of cats
                              I like that, "Kimo Therapy."

I appreciate the way he writes, frankly. (As well as the way he writes frankly.) Maybe it's just a similarly twisted view of the world that I sometimes share, but his postings that make the least "sense" are often the ones that make me think, "oh...I get it now." Sometimes on a delayed basis, however - first glance, nada; later review, enlightening. And there are times I just think "what the fu......?," and that view never changes.

I enjoy a world with "what the fu......?" moments; who says everything has to make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                                I like that, "Kimo Therapy."

I appreciate the way he writes, frankly. (As well as the way he writes frankly.) Maybe it's just a similarly twisted view of the world that I sometimes share, but his postings that make the least "sense" are often the ones that make me think, "oh...I get it now." Sometimes on a delayed basis, however - first glance, nada; later review, enlightening. And there are times I just think "what the fu......?," and that view never changes.

I enjoy a world with "what the fu......?" moments; who says everything has to make sense?
                                Yeah, Leo, I get all that, and I agree with you, but can you just pick a cat?

You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Working...
                                X