• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

just call me

Johnny Kitty Meloncap.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      just call me

Johnny Kitty Meloncap.
      Just watch out for killer tomatoes.............

You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        I like that, "Kimo Therapy."
        That's an old one. Used to be a guy named Kimo who did a show at that Polynesian restaurant on the waterfront in San Diego, and when I was in town I told folks I needed my Kimo Therapy.
        That was in the 1970s.

But back on topic... I'm the one who first called Kimo55 a "curmudgeon", and I meant it in the nicest sense of the word. (Yep, on February 2, here, and then see message #42 and then #46 in that thread.)
        Yes, we've got a lot of 'eccentric' folks here. God bless 'em, each and every one! Newbies are advised to lurk and read-only for a bit, to get the flavor of who's who. Worth the wait, cuz HT is still the best damned forum!
        Last edited by LikaNui; August 7, 2006, 11:22 AM. Reason: Added link. Why, boddah you?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          Yes, we've got a lot of 'eccentric' folks here. God bless 'em, each and every one! Newbies are advised to lurk and read-only for a bit, to get the flavor of who's who. Worth the wait, cuz HT is still the best damned forum!
          Yeah! I second dat!!!

I'm ECCENTRIC! bADDA YOU? Don't let it!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Re: why make it personal...

Originally posted by sinjin
            Hate 'em when they come not knowing how to act and hate 'em for trying to learn. Nice.
            If you stick around long enough, you'll see a lot of this doubletalk... like he's flipping a coin and saying "heads I win, tails you lose."

While I shudder at the thought of agreeing with Kimo, it does happen from time to time. But the vast majority of his posts get a reaction more along the lines of "WTF" from me.

Oh, and if we're gonna brag about being "first" with things... I think I was the first to call Kimo a donkey. That's gotta count for something.

Comment

And I'll admit this much about myself...I'm a bit opinionated...okay a lot

And despite the thrashing I get now and then from my fellow posters here, I still love them a lot...even Palolo Joe. I can't hate a guy from my old stomping grounds (1309 Jasmine Street in Palolo Valley).

Too mean? Yeah sometimes but heck, bruises heal and we get back on that bicycle and ride again till the next cruzin' for da bruisin'.

Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Re: whiner

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                Oh, and if we're gonna brag about being "first" with things...
                Oh, good grief. Don't you ever get tired of complaining about everything and everybody?

Comment

How is that complaining? You bragged about your own namecalling first, after all. And did you miss the smiley?

Or maybe you were being ironic? This is a tough thread to navigate...

Comment

• Originally posted by LikaNui
                    Oh, good grief. Don't you ever get tired of complaining about everything and everybody?
                    Nope, just like you have to stand up and thump your chest, proclaiming you were "first" to do something. Who cares?

PZ was right... I used the smiley. Tried to be sarcastic. You want to act like a donkey, I can do that too.

Comment

If this is the case...so far... I'm the last to call myself an ass so far...
                      at least for today!

Comment

Well, true to this thread's title, it seems that perhaps HawaiiThreads.com is becoming a bit too mean for my taste. I think I'll check outta here for a while. Bye, folks.

Comment

"Aw, he's no fun. He fell right over!"

And... shut up, Manoa. (Whee!)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                            Well, true to this thread's title, it seems that perhaps HawaiiThreads.com is becoming a bit too mean for my taste. I think I'll check outta here for a while. Bye, folks.
                            Lika, i got a trademark on that now....

Comment

Kitties for Everybody!!!!!

You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                                And I'll admit this much about myself...I'm a bit opinionated...okay a lot

And despite the thrashing I get now and then from my fellow posters here, I still love them a lot...even Palolo Joe. I can't hate a guy from my old stomping grounds (1309 Jasmine Street in Palolo Valley).

Too mean? Yeah sometimes but heck, bruises heal and we get back on that bicycle and ride again till the next cruzin' for da bruisin'.

Jasmine Street? Then, you're from the Carlos Long Tract.

Comment

Working...
                                X