X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by oceanpacific
    Jasmine Street? Then, you're from the Carlos Long Tract.

Was it called that back in 1960?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Was it called that back in 1960?
      Nice story about Palolo Valley!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

• Re: why make it personal...

I think I was the first to call him Mr. Aloha .
        Originally posted by Palolo Joe
        Oh, and if we're gonna brag about being "first" with things... I think I was the first to call Kimo a donkey. That's gotta count for something.

Comment

...And I gotta be the first to call him the Professor.
          "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
          "But I can't even read good."
          "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
          "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            well... mostly the question has no answer and it would simply lead to arguementation. OR... the answer is here on the boards anyway, already.
            But I do like your scenario, Pzarq. a zoological analogy. more fun to imagine.
            particularly flattered that I am in condition to "skip"... away.
            next, you'll have me "snuggling"
            Hmmmm...since everybody telling they da first to give you a name. I got two I gave ya too.

Bro Kimo and the most recent one in post #288 of this thread
            Honey Bunny!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Hmmmm...since everybody telling they da first to give you a name. I got two I gave ya too.
              Bro Kimo and the most recent one in post #288 of this thread
              Honey Bunny!
              Meanest one of 'em all! You win, NT!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Nice story about Palolo Valley!

Miulang
                Thanks for the link Miulang. Reading that story brought back many lost memories about the place including the soap box derbies, I even got some vintage 8mm black and white movies of those events.

I also remember the community picnics at Ala Moana Beach Park too with the sack races. That really was a great time. I also remember Ed Pacheco as well. I was president of one of the three subgroups of Kaimuki Little League (The Orioles) and sat on the district 6 or was it 7 board. Our league spanned from Manoa to Hawaii Kai but Palolo was blanked out because of it's own Little League charter (Palolo Little League). Ed approached me to have his league play against us. I told him I would arrange for an exhibition game at the Palolo Rec center/field to see if Palolo had really changed. We stopped playing years earlier because of some tension between the neighboring communities and Palolo.

At the time the president of the neighborhood board and the housing project told us that times had changed and it would be safe for the kids to play in Palolo.

That day we had to stop the game twice because three blahlahs from the project across the street kept walking across the field during play throwing their beer bottles and swearing at the kids on the field. After the game several of our "visiting" team cars had their tires slashed and one windshield broken. A fight nearly broke out with an older father from our league and a housing tenant that didn't like us being there.

I told Ed that I was saddened because of what happened that day but events such as those wouldn't allow our league to consider playing with them unless things improved a bit more. He said he would have a talk to those "boys" that caused trouble but I couldn't convince the rest of the KLL to reconsider after his motion to moderate. Too bad because I would have loved to see Palolo play with us.

I'm glad things have gotten better there. Palolo used to be a really safe place then it got pretty bad, I guess it's reclaiming some of it's innocence of yesteryear...and that's good. Maybe KLL will reconsider again, that would be nice.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Interesting, articulate thread.

I just joined HT today, still experimenting. Would someone please send me a word or two of reply, so I can see what happens?

TIA--G

Comment

gosomo -
                    word or two

Comment

Ok now my brother and I are fighting. He says Gosomo is german I say NO WAY!
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                        Ok now my brother and I are fighting. He says Gosomo is german I say NO WAY!
                        Gosomo = I think... go some more shortened gosomo?

Probably not...just wondering?

Comment

gosomo = 3 words for sure....often ends with ?
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Is HawaiiThreads.com Too mean?

I'm so thankful that it's mellowed out.
                            And am sorry for any disturbance or inconvienence that I was a part of.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                              Is HawaiiThreads.com Too mean?

I'm so thankful that it's mellowed out.
                              And am sorry for any disturbance or inconvienence that I was a part of.
                              Needed to add, of course that "we" all have different opinions, but it is how we express them that makes it either mean or kind. You know?!
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go look at the Beef ova at the Statehood Day Holiday Thread!

Everybody Honi Honi now!!!heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X