X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    The topic in that thread didn't call for any kind of attack whatsoever - it was a simple question, not an issue for debate.
    That's your opinion, of both the post I made and the thread itself. I disagree.

I didn't "attack" anyone. I posted my opinion about how I felt about the topic being discussed.

You don't like what I have to say? Tough.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
    I bad apple can spoil a whole barrel
    And I'm sure there would be a lot of discussion on who the bad apples are here at HT. Care to open that can of worms?

Comment

People would probably get along even better if they didn't feel such a motivation to "attack" at all.

The topic in that thread didn't call for any kind of attack whatsoever - it was a simple question, not an issue for debate. But as is so often the case, someone had to come in and derail it with an irrelevant, obnoxious and snide comment, which then leads others down the same rat-hole.
      Sorry, I must have missed the memo that instructed me that the topic wasn't up for debate.

As I said previously, if you feel something's important that needs to be said, then post it -- as long as it doesn't violate the ToS.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
        Sorry, I must have missed the memo that instructed me that the topic wasn't up for debate.
        The topic was "who have you met...?" You actually want to debate who I have met?

The thread was derailed at post #5 - by someone who enjoys whining about others derailing threads.

Mean? No. Pathetic? Yes.

Comment

The topic was "who have you met...?" You actually want to debate who I have met?

The thread was derailed at post #5 - by someone who enjoys whining about others derailing threads.

Mean? No. Pathetic? Yes.
          I stand corrected. I didn't want to debate the topic, but rather the purpose of the thread.

I don't pay attention to "reputations" here on HT, so whether or not you're inferring that Palolo Joe's someone that whines about others derailing threads is not important to me. He just happened to have an opinion of that thread that I shared.

Chances are that thread will continue despite Mahi Wana's claims that no one else will want to post their lists because of my "negativity". Oh well -- I won't be losing sleep about it.

I just find it odd that someone would be called an "azzhole" for expressing an unpopular opinion here. What's the point of even posting if you can't post what you want without fearing that your head'll get chewed off?

But hey, enjoy your thread.

Comment

I just find it odd that someone would be called an "azzhole" for expressing an unpopular opinion here. What's the point of even posting if you can't post what you want without fearing that your head'll get chewed off?
            There, we can agree - it happens a lot, and I've shamefully sunk to the name-calling level myself, so I have no wiggle room when it comes to commenting on those who do so.

But, since you've gotten comfortable with the role of moderator-substitute, please allow me the same privilege for one comment: If you are bothered by the abusive language of a poster, don't discuss it further in the thread --- report it to Admin or one of the real moderators, please. That's what they have repeatedly asked us to do.

Comment

Lei... take it with a grain of salt and realize that I get called that more than probably anyone on HT.

Heck... I take it as a compliment sometimes depending on who it's coming from and what stand they are taking on things...

Heck... I was told "YOU SUCK... then followed by a Totally" earlier today ...http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=10246

Did I whine or complain.... NOPE... Cause I know the context was in a kind spirited way where the person saying it was saying it in a YOUR right context...

Many people take many things out of context all the time here....that sucks...

Oh well...

Life goes on...

Is HT too mean... how can HT be too mean? it's a freaking website.... it's the users that should be evaluated on a case by case basis!
              Last edited by damontucker; October 8, 2006, 06:08 PM.

Comment

But, since you've gotten comfortable with the role of moderator-substitute, please allow me the same privilege for one comment: If you are bothered by the abusive language of a poster, don't discuss it further in the thread --- report it to Admin or one of the real moderators, please. That's what they have repeatedly asked us to do.
                Please do not label me as such as all I've done was express my opinion on what had happened. I didn't think that doing so would lead you to believe I was playing pseudo-moderator, which I definitely wasn't.

I'll remember in the future to report it to the moderators, but in my defense I wasn't aware that we aren't supposed to discuss it further in the threads.

If you'd like to present me with a list of topics that I'm allowed and not allowed to talk about, feel free to do so.

Comment

Please do not label me as such as all I've done was express my opinion on what had happened. I didn't think that doing so would lead you to believe I was playing pseudo-moderator, which I definitely wasn't.

I'll remember in the future to report it to the moderators, but in my defense I wasn't aware that we aren't supposed to discuss it further in the threads.

If you'd like to present me with a list of topics that I'm allowed and not allowed to talk about, feel free to do so.
                  Right - now you've gone and done it --- you made me smile with that last line. Peace?

Comment

Right - now you've gone and done it --- you made me smile with that last line. Peace?
                    Here's an olive branch and I promise there are no thorns in it.

[insert Mike_Lowery here calling for a group hug]

Comment

Where is the love
                      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                      The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                        Where is the love
                        I dunno?

I still LOOKING!!!

Group HUG!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aw snap now, a group hug? Forreals?! haha

This made me feel a little better...it's been a long week(end).
                          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

You want to find the love? Look at the "What pisses you off?" thread, and see the generosity of Scrivener's offer to help Serenity - one kindness like that can wipe out a whole lot of "mean."

Comment

Yes, I think lately it has become too mean.
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                                Yes, I think lately it has become too mean.
                                It does seem to go in cycles, however, don't you think? There have been periods (no pun intended) where there's a lot of flaming in a lot of threads, simutaneously, then it settles down to relative quiet again.

Or maybe that's just when I go away for a spell...

Comment

Working...
                                X