X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post

Just stuff that people don't want to hear, perhaps, and interpret as bubble-bashing meanie activity.
    You mean, we're REALLY not supposed to blow sunshine up the arse?
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

No messageboard should be considered mean. If you're catching feelings over quips and arguments on the Internet, God help you. And if you're letting someone get under your skin, you're just giving them that much credit and helping them develop and e-rep. I see a lot of arguments on this board getting personal. The boards should be anonymous, except to admin. If you do something to reveal your identity and get flamed, it's on you, on you, on YOU.

On another note, whatever happened to being able to express your feelings, views, and stance on issues? Or having fun? People are being coerced into conforming in one way or another, leaving a really bland (and sometimes bitter) taste in the media and art.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I think that sometimes people post on forums hoping for validation of their beliefs. When met with anything less they interpret it as meanness.

They have a plan/idea/etc and fully believe it is wonderful. They toss it out on a forum and, in response, may get cautionary tales or the pointing out of fatal flaws in their plans/ideas/etc. No matter how gently it's done it is seen as a crushing blow of nastiness.

Hence the occasional pouting on the "Islands Ahoy" forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          On another note, whatever happened to being able to express your feelings, views, and stance on issues? Or having fun? People are being coerced into conforming in one way or another, leaving a really bland (and sometimes bitter) taste in the media and art.
          Well said...

Thinking about this makes me feel about how much fun HT use to be. Now that I've had to conform to HT's Admin... It is not nearly as fun or as engaging for me.

But that's not mean. That's just abiding by the rules of the sandbox.

Comment

heheheh

raises my hand! hello? me, me, me...plzzzzzzzzz.

thank you.

juss like back in KINDERGARTEN.

It can be mean wen you can't or don't understand a rules or regulation that aren't explained in the FAQ Section and get "Punished" like a child in school!!!

Dat is soooooo WRONG. Sooooo WRONG!

Dea. I feel betta.

Nuff said.

I'm ova it.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              It can be mean wen you can't or don't understand a rules or regulation that aren't explained in the FAQ Section and get "Punished" like a child in school!!!
              Well, good thing there are other message boards out there for people to whine and complain about HT...

Unless they crash and the webmaster can't get it back online...

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                Well, good thing there are other message boards out there for people to whine and complain about HT...

Unless they crash and the webmaster can't get it back online...
                Are making you making FuN PJ? Cause it ain't funny! A lot of people were affected. And I didn't know you lurked ova dea!

FYI I was complaining cause "somebody" made up thier own little rule which has no meaning and not worth Jack S---!

Wat? You trying to get on the good side now after being banned? Kiss Arse?

Auntie Lynn
                Last edited by 1stwahine; November 26, 2006, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Cool it, Lynn. I personally highly recommend Walaau.org to anyone who finds HawaiiThreads.com too mean, or too restrictive, or whatever. I've been keeping up with Blaine's work in restoring it, and wish him luck. It is the perfect alternative to HawaiiThreads.com, and will be again when it's back.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                    Cool it, Lynn. I personally highly recommend Walaau.org to anyone who finds HawaiiThreads.com too mean, or too restrictive, or whatever. I've been keeping up with Blaine's work in restoring it, and wish him luck. It is the perfect alternative to HawaiiThreads.com, and will be again when it's back.
                    Thank you.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      Are making you making FuN PJ? Cause it ain't funny! A lot of people were affected. And I didn't know you lurked ova dea!

FYI I was complaining cause "somebody" made up thier own little rule which has no meaning and not worth Jack S---!

Wat? You trying to get on the good side now after being banned? Kiss Arse?

Auntie Lynn
                      Me? Kissing ass? Please. Stop being MEAN.

HT isn't a mean place at all. Some people just don't know how to take what they try to dish out.
                      Last edited by Palolo Joe; November 26, 2006, 12:17 PM. Reason: Admin beat me to it...

Comment

Where some people see restrictions, I see common sense and reasonable taste. I appreciate the fine line that moderators must walk to keep a forum from deteriorating into a huge *cough*Usenet*cough* mess. Go, Ryan!

Edit: And Helen and Mel, too! Thanks to you guys as well!
                        Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; November 26, 2006, 02:42 PM.

Comment

you want to talk mean, geez about half a decade ago Mel's website was getting pretty harsh with some really immature posters making absolutely slanderous remarks about others who work in the media. Just outright lies that could affect peoples careers.

I ended up finding out one of those people that slandered me and wrote her a scathing email. She ended up apologizing saying she was only having fun. Fun is one thing, lying and hurting people's reputations is wrong.

There is a fine line between having fun and being hurtful. Those who cannot understand that really need to look at themselves and wonder what kind of person they've become or have been.

It's easy to hide behind an anonymous name and take shots at people, but when they are identified...the rules of engagement change and they suddenly wise up.

Some message boards can track IP addresses and I remember when one guy blasted one of the PM's at CC. the IP address routed back to one of the computers in the Jock Lounge at CC Iwilei. A simple check of the time of the posting pretty much identified the person who posted it because the electronic pass keys that you use to gain entry into the studios record that user's name and time of entry/exit.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Where have all the flowers gone?

Must be a plague. Maybe it's a conspiracy. Could be an epidemic. Or perhaps bad lettuce in the burrito.

Where is Auntie? Where is Manoa? Where is Kimo? Where is so many others I no longer see posting very often here?

Someone has lost control. Or maybe they use control as a weapon of mass destruction resulting in the decimation of populations.

No apologies necessary Admin. Trimming your nails until the blood leaks from the cuticles is usually overkill.

What About Looking Around And Under. Or Retire Gracefully
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

That did not take too long. (as if to make a point)
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

• Re: Where have all the flowers gone?

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                                Where is Manoa?
                                I stay here... I'm other places...

and it's pretty funny how many people think I'm only at 2 places!

Flowers still abound in HT!

Its the weeds that suck sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X