Manoa's Get-Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Manoa's Get-Together

Back recovery is amazingly good provided proper treatment....

believe me...when it come to my gonad's... a wahine with leg problems is not going to catch me unless I'm trapped!

Hugs to all private jokes going around..

Manoa

Comment

Who's joking?hahahahaha

Nani nani booboo! You gonna get it!

Good foa you!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
        I've never been much of a drinker, so please enlighten me: is a $100 bar tab common for a night of hanging out? I do enjoy a good drink, but since alcohol makes me morose (yes, I'm one of those), I've never had more than 2 beers or half a bottle of wine. Is it the quantity that leads to dropping a Benjamin, or is it the drinks one chooses?
        Once I got married and now have a baby.... I share the same sentiment...

alchohol is big business scriv.... nuff said... you know!

Comment

I've never been much of a drinker, so please enlighten me: is a $100 bar tab common for a night of hanging out? I do enjoy a good drink, but since alcohol makes me morose (yes, I'm one of those), I've never had more than 2 beers or half a bottle of wine. Is it the quantity that leads to dropping a Benjamin, or is it the drinks one chooses?
          I, too, don't understand the $100. reference. I max out at 2 glasses of wine so I'm more of a drinking wus than you are, Scriv! Wine and a burger, ummm, guess I'm just a cheap date! Come to think of it, I've been told that many times!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            I, too, don't understand the $100. reference. I max out at 2 glasses of wine so I'm more of a drinking wus than you are, Scriv! Wine and a burger, ummm, guess I'm just a cheap date! Come to think of it, I've been told that many times!
            As a happily married man... I can report my days of spending easily $100.00 on a date , drinks,etc....

Too me that doesn't sound like that much for a date..... howevver a HT get together named by the admins after my name...someone better be buying me a drink...j/k

After I met my wife and at that time g/f I l ost interes in clubbing.... however... I do remember the days of easily dropping dinero cause I could.

so with this said... everyone remember that admins named this thread after my profile...so I do accept sealed envelopes w/ cashi in them.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              As a happily married man... I can report my days of spending easily $100.00 on a date , drinks,etc....[...]
              Aha! So a date and clubbing are included in that figure. $100. makes sense in that case.

Pomai...was your $100. reference for 2 people? Just curious.

I joined friends for dinner at the Bali awhile back and decided to splurge. I had lobster! With wine and a tip my bill was around $75.

Comment

whens the next members get togeather be great to meet you guys
                *Lorna* I'M BACK MISSING HAWAII
                http://www.myspace.com/lorna_uk

Comment

It's amazing to see how Manoa tries to hijack every last thread to make sure it's all about him.

To answer your question scrivener, it's pretty easy to spend $100 at a bar or club. Consider this example:

Parking: Anywhere from free to $3 or $5 or even $10, depending on where you park and if you valet (and tip).

Cover charge: $5 to $10, maybe more.

If you're lucky, you know a bartender, which will sometimes get you the first round for free. But you still have to tip. $2.

While you're having that drink, you see your friend and his girlfriend playing pool. You buy them a round - he has a beer, she has some fruity mixed drink. $4 and $6 for the drinks, $2 tip.

Second round. Order a beer. $4, plus a $1 tip.

You start talking to a female. You buy her a drink. $6, plus a $1 tip.

Third beer. $5, including tip.

You pay a visit to the little boys' room. Drop $1 for the liquid soap/paper towel nazi.

It's been about an hour, so you decide to have a shot with your next beer. Calling a friend over, you order two shots and another round of beers. $18 for the alcohol, $5 tip.

Nice and toasty, you head out to dance. 20 minutes later, you gotta go to the bathroom. Another $1 to the attendant.

That friend you bought a beer for at the beginning of the night sees you coming out of the bathroom and calls you over to the bar. Another shot and another beer. FREE.

Back to dancing, and another bathroom break. $1.

It's been about two hours. Maybe you're thinking about heading home. Go to the bar, order a Red Bull and a bottle of water. $8 for the drinks, $3 tip.

That's a little more than $80 out of pocket after two or three hours at a single club. Not $100, but you can see it would be pretty easy to get there. There are people who will jump from place to place to place, staying out until 4 a.m.

Some people drink less, some people drink much, much more. Some people tip less, some tip much, much more. Go to a bar instead of a club, and you won't have to pay cover... but you'll probably end up spending a couple of bucks on the pool tables or dartboards. Prices vary depending on the place, the night and the time you go.
                  Last edited by Palolo Joe; September 1, 2006, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                    Some people drink less, some people drink much, much more. Some people tip less, some tip much, much more. Go to a bar instead of a club, and you won't have to pay cover... but you'll probably end up spending a couple of bucks on the pool tables or dartboards. Prices vary depending on the place, the night and the time you go.
                    Palolo Joe, Your assessment on a typical night out for a "guy" is amazing and I agree it is true. For a Woman a bit different, only because Women tend to be treated to drinks.

Also, take into account the spending on Karaoke. That alone is an expense in itself @ $1.00 per song. Then there are Pupus. Some places charge automatically while others don't. Some waitresses bring their own pupus to serve their customers so when leaving a Tip everything must be considered.

Going out and Having FuN costs $. If you're a Penny Pincher it's best to stay home. Everyone wants and deserves excellent service ~ you pay for what you get...bottom line.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      For a Woman a bit different, only because Women tend to be treated to drinks.
                      Very, very true. And there are a lot of women out there who know how to "work the system" and spend very little when they go out.

Also, take into account the spending on Karaoke. That alone is an expense in itself @ $1.00 per song. Then there are Pupus. Some places charge automatically while others don't. Some waitresses bring their own pupus to serve their customers so when leaving a Tip everything must be considered.

Going out and Having FuN costs $. If you're a Penny Pincher it's best to stay home. Everyone wants and deserves excellent service ~ you pay for what you get...bottom line.
                      Those last three sentences are gospel. You can tell Auntie is a seasoned bar-hopper.

Comment

There is no cover charge or drink minimum at Duke's, so technically you don't have to spend a dime there.

My bad. $100 was quite an exaggeration. Duke's isn't THAT pricey. I'd say over 2 hours, food and several rounds of drinks, plus tip, more like $30.00/person tops (depending on your order). If you don't drink, even cheaper. If you're attractive, even better!

Outrigger has parking by valet only, which last I remember was charged per hour (no flat rate), plus valet tip. Another parking option is across the street at the Princess Kaiulani Hotel (enter on Kaiulani ave.), which the hourly rates are slightly cheaper. I'll try and get the facts on parking rates at these 2 locations posted here before the event, since they're the most convenient to park (closest to Duke's).
                        Last edited by Pomai; September 1, 2006, 04:53 AM.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Den get to see Fran rip the Gonads off outta somebody!
                          May I respectfully withdraw my request to see photos of the event?

Comment

• Re: Somebody's Get-Together

Park at Outrigger East, one block mauka of Duke's, and Duke's will validate. Cost mebbe $4 for four hours. Park right at Outrigger Waikiki and pay $30!

I can't be there. Was pretty sick for about a week, and still recovering. Seeing the video of Auntie singing with Kapena dem will help the recovery, though!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                              Park at Outrigger East, one block mauka of Duke's, and Duke's will validate. Cost mebbe $4 for four hours.
                              Great tip! I just spoke on the phone with someone at Duke's and they verified that. In fact, it's only $3.00 for 4 hours. Make sure Duke's validates your ticket. That's the only place they validate.

The Outrigger Ohana East is located on the corner of Kaiulani and Kuhio ave., right across Food Pantry. The parking entrance is on Kuhio ave., near the Fun Factory.

Kapena is also verified as scheduled to play at 4pm.

I have a busy day myself tomorrow, so if I show up, den can. If no can, no can.
                              Last edited by Pomai; September 1, 2006, 09:23 AM.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                                Great tip! I just spoke on the phone with someone at Duke's and they verified that. In fact, it's only $3.00 for 4 hours. Make sure Duke's validates your ticket. That's the only place they validate.
                                Thanks. Sorry I said $4 instead of $3.
                                And somebody oughta call Outrigger Waikiki and see what they charge to park right under Duke's. Better be sitting down when they answer.
                                I only go into Waikiki if I absolutely have to, but always park at Outrigger East if I'm going anywhere on that end of Waikiki. Can always stroll into Duke's and ask a bartender to stamp the validation, whether or not I was in there or someplace nearby.

Oops. Did I say that out loud?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X