X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reputation?

Originally posted by helen
    Assuming Leo was the only one to help you on this experiment, his current reputation power is at 1 (base) + 4 (100 post bonus) + 1 (90 day bonus) + 26 (at least 1300 overall reputation score) = 32 points. Since he is going to give negative reputation, it will be half of 32 so that power is at -16 points.

Now your current score is roughly 550 points. 550 divided by 16 would yield 34.3. Go to the next highest number and that value would be 35. Leo would have to award you negative reputation 35 times. Since he is limited by awarding you one reputation per day, it will take him at least 35 days to do it, maybe longer since he has to find 9 or 10 more users to award before he can even award you the next reputation.

It's not so much giving you the negative reputation but rather going around and find 9 or 10 other people to give reputation to on a regular basis.
    Helen, you are SO HOT when you talk numbers!!!

Seriously, I am impressed that you can access (or calculate) our reputation power so concisely; I remember reading the description in the FAQ, but I'll be damned if I can calculate my own power (or anyone else's.)
    Thanks for the clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
      I thought I remembered there being others in the past; sometimes, I wish I could see the list of "banned" or "closed" members - along with the ability to access their posts (to see what got them banned.)
      Those post are still there, you just have to remember which thread it is at. I suppose the forum for Selling might have the most likey place to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        Assuming Leo was the only one to help you on this experiment, his current reputation power is at 1 (base) + 4 (100 post bonus) + 1 (90 day bonus) + 26 (at least 1300 overall reputation score) = 32 points. Since he is going to give negative reputation, it will be half of 32 so that power is at -16 points.

Now your current score is roughly 550 points. 550 divided by 16 would yield 34.3. Go to the next highest number and that value would be 35. Leo would have to award you negative reputation 35 times. Since he is limited by awarding you one reputation per day, it will take him at least 35 days to do it, maybe longer since he has to find 9 or 10 more users to award before he can even award you the next reputation.

It's not so much giving you the negative reputation but rather going around and find 9 or 10 other people to give reputation to on a regular basis.

Dang!

I'm impressed! I never could deal with numbers, I transpose em to often.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
          What I wonder about and have no data to confirm is whether or not the reputation system discourages new members from staying and actively participating - perhaps admin could do an analysis to find out. I do agree with Mel that I rarely post opinions on controversial subjects. I got red squared for doing so and though that's not the sole reason for avoiding such topics, it isn't ecouraging.
          I get the same feeling. No more aloha. It doesn't seem to hard to get a posse to jump on the bandwagon to get someone off the board who happened ruffle some feathers. I mean some of these same peeps aren't saints themselves either.

Oh yeah, got another drive-by red square for my previous post in this thread.

Comment

For about 10 minutes this morning I was hoping the reputation system would be deep sixed. So far it looks like not. New upgrade but same old rep system apparently here.

Folks, stay away from all of the hot button topics if you don't want to get the dreadful red square.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
              Folks, stay away from all of the hot button topics if you don't want to get the dreadful red square.
              Or, mention here that you got a red one, and other people will probably give you green to balance it out.
              Who cares? Let's just have fun with it. As others have said more eloquently than I, in the grand scheme of things - it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Btw, if you sort the Members List by "reputation," 1stwahine has just surpassed scrivener for the top spot. Scrivener has been there since I first joined HT (as far as I recall) - I suspect the number count separating the two of them is mighty small (and far out of reach of my liddle numbers.)

Bows of great respect to both of you.

Comment

Btw, if you sort the Members List by "reputation," 1stwahine has just surpassed scrivener for the top spot. Scrivener has been there since I first joined HT (as far as I recall) - I suspect the number count separating the two of them is mighty small (and far out of reach of my liddle numbers.)
                  ...and MadAzza takes #2.

Comment

What??

ROTFL

That's crazy, baby!

(Elvis)

Thankyew ... thankyew very much.

(/Elvis)

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                      What??
                      ROTFL
                      That's crazy, baby!
                      I finally looked at the list out of curiosity, and ya wanna know something just as crazy? I'm #4!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

At the risk of asking a dumb quesiton:

Why do I have a gray/blue chicklet in the midst of my green ones? We get an option to give a positive or a negative vote for feedback. Red. Green. Blue? Expiring minds want to know!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The grey square (or blue to you) is considered netural. It does not add or subtract from your overall reputation score. As far as who can give out a grey square either of the following conditions needs to happen:
                          • The person awarding the reputation has a post count between 0 to 9.
                          • The person awarding the reputation has a reputation score of 9 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                            I finally looked at the list out of curiosity, and ya wanna know something just as crazy? I'm #4!
                            No crazier than me at #5, after only five months here. (See? Now this is fun!)

BTW, Sciv's back on top, gor bless 'im.

Comment

Or, mention here that you got a red one, and other people will probably give you green to balance it out.
                              Who cares? Let's just have fun with it. As others have said more eloquently than I, in the grand scheme of things - it really doesn't matter.
                              Thanks for those who gave me green recently, but if it was just to balance the red that I mentioned (as some had left in the comment box as that being the reason for the positive)... is that how the reputation system should work?

Comment

in the grand scheme of things - it really doesn't matter.
                                hell; even in the minor scheme of things, it don't matter much at all either!

Comment

Working...
                                X