• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowbird
    replied
    Re: Alooha from Germany!

Originally posted by Johanna View Post
    Bramburg? Never heard of it ! We got Bremen or Hamburg or Freiburg and Bamberg and Castrop-Rauxel and guess where I was raised?? SEXAU!! No joke! A lovely little village in the black forest with a great name. They steal the ... er "namesign" (whatcha call the little sign that tells you the name of a place?) all the time.
    Wie geht's, Johanna? Ich war in Nurnberg geboren. Jeder liebt ein Deutsches Mädchen, besonders ein Bayerisches Mädchen!

I said: I was born in Nurnberg. Everyone loves a German girl, especially a Bavarian girl.

Leave a comment:

• akrauth
    replied

Guten Abend!! Ja klar spreche ich Deutsch!! Es geht so, und selber? Das Wetter hier ist scheisse und mir ist kalt... aber sonst ists schon in Ordnung. Seit wann lernst du Deutsch? Und was heisst BWT? Kommt Deine Freundin Johanna auch aus Deutschland? Wenn du irgendwelche Fragen hast oder Hilfe brauchst, kannst Du Dich gerne melden!
    Bis dann, Johanna
    Hallo! Ich lerne Deutsch in der Schule. Ich spreche auch Spanisch und Hawaiian. Meine Freundin Johanna kommt auch aus Maine.

Leave a comment:

• Johanna
    replied

Guten Abend!! Ja klar spreche ich Deutsch!! Es geht so, und selber? Das Wetter hier ist scheisse und mir ist kalt... aber sonst ists schon in Ordnung. Seit wann lernst du Deutsch? Und was heisst BWT? Kommt Deine Freundin Johanna auch aus Deutschland? Wenn du irgendwelche Fragen hast oder Hilfe brauchst, kannst Du Dich gerne melden!
    Bis dann, Johanna

Leave a comment:

• akrauth
    replied

Aloha e Johanna! Or, guten Morgen! Wie geht's heute? Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Ich lerne Deutsch in meiner Schule.

BTW, I also have a friend named Johanna. That's so cool!

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

why you asking, are you interested in typology?
    Oh it's just one of my many casual interests. It's an interesting mix of art and science. Some fonts are just fun to look at. Some have subtle design features which make them easy to read when displayed on computer screens, which have a lot less resolution than ink on paper (I think that's one reason why I prefer a book in my hand over one on the screen). Some fonts are meant to look good at many sizes, which is important in company branding, where their name has too look good printed on a huge billboard or a small pen.

Wow you've been learning Chinese for 7 years? Glad to see you've stuck with it for so long. G'luck!

Leave a comment:

• Johanna
    replied

Originally posted by GypsyLika View Post
    I have a friend in Bramburg(?) somekind of "burg" who speaks Pidgin, straight English and German and HE Portagee, Bruh from Nanikuli! He married a German wahine and stayed deya.
    Bramburg? Never heard of it ! We got Bremen or Hamburg or Freiburg and Bamberg and Castrop-Rauxel and guess where I was raised?? SEXAU!! No joke! A lovely little village in the black forest with a great name. They steal the ... er "namesign" (whatcha call the little sign that tells you the name of a place?) all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Johanna
    replied

Yep, there's tons of Chinese here, most of them studying business. So no problem to hear, but to understand is a different thing...:-) Even after 7 years of studying, I cannot distinguish the different tones when they talk fast-- So I getting futless! Gotta go to China or rather Taiwan (cause its an island and supposedly tropical, hehe)
    OH, and I don't know much about bookprinting... why you asking, are you interested in typology?

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

you mean typography = bookprinting?? Or calligraphy with a inkbrush?
    Yeah, the book printing stuff.

My majors sound cool, but if I had known how hard it is to learn Chinese, I might have chosen Spanish!
    Heh. I bet it's wildly different. Outside of the classroom, do you have many opportunities to speak/hear Chinese?

Leave a comment:

• GypsyLika
    replied

Aloha everybody!
    I am from Germany with some close ties to Maui.. I lived there for about three years, and my cousin, auntie and a bunch of friends are so lucky to still live there in Paradise! ( Here in Germany fall has started with rain and ugly grey all-over clouds...) I wish I was in Hawaii, camping in Kipahulu, swimming at Hamoa or eating some fresh ono SUSHI... I think of Hawaii a lot (and next week my friend Sal from Kailua is coming to visit me!! Hopefully bringing some slippahs, Kona coffee and lots of Aloha) I really want to go back to Maui, but you know how it is.... money and time do not permit at the moment. What else? I am a student at Freiburg University (majors English linguistics and Chinese studies) and I am currently writing my master's thesis about Hawaiian pidgin, so that keeps me looking up websites about Hawaii all the time -this is how I stumbled over Hawaii threads and here I am! Thanks to Ryan for trusting me- I hope I can contribute positively to this page and to intercultural understanding! Malama pono

I have a friend in Bramburg(?) somekind of "burg" who speaks Pidgin, straight English and German and HE Portagee, Bruh from Nanikuli! He married a German wahine and stayed deya.

Leave a comment:

• Johanna
    replied

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    Cool majors. are you also interested in typography, by chance?

I learned about linguistics for the first time in high school. I had read on of Deborah Tannen's best sellers. Our computer lab monitor was a student at UH who happened to also be majoring in linguistics. When I mentioned the book, he made a snobby face. I guess he had issues with her books. Whatever. I still liked them.

Anywho. Welcome to HT
    you mean typography = bookprinting?? Or calligraphy with a inkbrush?
    I have never heard of Deborah Tannen... I will go and google though.
    My majors sound cool, but if I had known how hard it is to learn Chinese, I might have chosen Spanish!

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

majors English linguistics and Chinese studies
    Cool majors. are you also interested in typography, by chance?

I learned about linguistics for the first time in high school. I had read on of Deborah Tannen's best sellers. Our computer lab monitor was a student at UH who happened to also be majoring in linguistics. When I mentioned the book, he made a snobby face. I guess he had issues with her books. Whatever. I still liked them.

Anywho. Welcome to HT

Leave a comment:

• Johanna
    replied

Spooooooky!! If arteries harden from Jägerschnitzel, then I know why I don't like it. Reminds me of Hulk! Do you look like him too?

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
    Can I volunteer to be your official taste tester ??

DD
    Okie dokie! But you better be fast, 'cause I love all that German food! Jaegerschnitzel, here I come!!

(Hear that? That's the sound of my arteries hardening....)

Leave a comment:

• DiverDown808
    replied

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    Okay, now I am headed for my German cookbook....
    Can I volunteer to be your official taste tester ??

DD

Leave a comment:

• Johanna
    replied

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post

When you come, please bring some of that ono gulaschsuppe, some hefeweizen, and PRETZELS!.[.......] My most favorite ever was a great big schweinehaxen!!

(That should get everybody googling!!!)

Okay, now I am headed for my German cookbook....

Cindy
    Ok, I sure will! You guys all like that meat stuff... I must have missed out on something - I am vegetarian since I was six years old ( Must have been fed too much Schweinehaxen as a baby!) Oh, and Gulaschsuppe, I am sure my mom has a good recipe, even though its a Hungarian dish

Leave a comment:

Working...
X