Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where'd You Get Your HawaiiThreads Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where'd You Get Your HawaiiThreads Name?

It's really my name.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Greetings from California

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum
      No, your not ignorant. It's leet (elite) speech. the L is a 1, e is a 3, t is a 7, etc. Its a type of communication divised by gamers to talk in code so others couldn't understand them. Much of the vocabulary has leaked into mainstream society though, words such as pwned (poned-power owned)and uber (I know its German but it was made popular in America amongst non-german speaking individuals by gaming clans). Yeah was just tipping my hat to my old gaming roots, cause now I don't have time for that anymore (It's kinda bittersweet.)
      Another explanation that makes no damn sense!

I suppose I could ask what a "gamer" is, but ... nah.

Hey, you kids! Get off my lawn!

Comment

Re: Greetings from California

Originally posted by MadAzza
        Another explanation that makes no damn sense!

I suppose I could ask what a "gamer" is, but ... nah.

Hey, you kids! Get off my lawn!
        A gamer is somebody who's waaaay younger than the both of us, Maddie! It's someone from the "carpal thumb" (as opposed to the carpal tunnel wrist or arm) generation.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

konaguy- I'm from Kona and I'm a guy
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

The Vanguard is the leading squadron in a fleet, and um ... I like to be on point. In the mist of the action. That's kind of silly and incomplete, but here it is :P

Comment

When I changed ISP's some years ago, I was setting up my account for email & it was very late & being tired, my creativity was at a standstill. My email address/name ended up being my street & area code, which I also use here on HT.
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Supercub is a 50cc scooter model made by Honda. I rode one when I lived in Japan. It's the most popular scooter in the world. I miss my cub. She was named Midori. I hope she's found a good home.

http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/...index_main.jpg
                Last edited by admin; July 10, 2006, 08:59 AM. Reason: Removed image. Please don't embed images from sites you don't own.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercub
                  Supercub is a 50cc scooter I hope she's found a good home.

well, she sure as hell found a good photographer.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercub
                    Supercub is a 50cc scooter model made by Honda. I rode one when I lived in Japan. It's the most popular scooter in the world. I miss my cub. She was named Midori. I hope she's found a good home.

May I assume yours was green, rather than white?

Comment

• Re: Where'd You Get Your HawaiiThreads Name?

She wasn't called Midori for nothing!

Comment

TuNnL is a handle I've had for nearly a decade now. It started out as TuNnLvIsIoN, but it got humbug to type all of that. It was meant to indicate my frame of thought as I concentrated (especially with so many “distractions”) on graduating from college. Thanks in part to my hoaaloha, mānoasurfer123, I succeeded in that endeavor.

Initially my plan was to own TuNnL. (You can hit me at either TuNnL@netscape.net or TuNnL@yahoo.com.) But I quickly realized there are just too many .whatevers out there. Hey, at least I'm not Glen Miyashiro. He's a veeerrry, booooorring person (according to Frank DeLima).

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

KoaukaLoop82 is a mixture of the street where my brother lived in Aiea (and where I lived for five summers as a teenager), and 82 is the last summer I spent in Hawaii. I MISS that apartment, it was 2 blocks from Pearlridge and a block from The Bus.

My brother could have bought that same apartment at 98-500 Koauka Loop--I think because it went condo--and his monthly mortgage would have been $300.

It had a great lanai, washer/dryer, a/c of course, it was one bedroom but who cared because it had access to the lanai too, and when you opened one of the sliding glass doors you got great tradewinds. Of coures if the guy across the hall opened his sliding glass doors too, the wind made a howl in the hallway and you couldn't open the front door very easily!

The end of the building had a wonderful view of the Arizona Memorial (OK, it WAS from the fire escape). I loved the pool, too, except when hurricanes came by too close and threw all the rocks from the parking lot into it. I can still remember the distinctive clunk-clunk-clunk sound of the elevator in the parking garage...

Needless to say, he DIDN'T buy it, and we're all still mad at him!

ALOHA!
                          Karina
                          Did you ever notice that "What the hell" is always the right decision?

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                            TuNnL is a handle I've had for nearly a decade now. It started out as TuNnLvIsIoN, but it got humbug to type all of that. It was meant to indicate my frame of thought as I concentrated (especially with so many “distractions”) on graduating from college. Thanks in part to my hoaaloha, mānoasurfer123, I succeeded in that endeavor.

Initially my plan was to own TuNnL. (You can hit me at either TuNnL@netscape.net or TuNnL@yahoo.com.) But I quickly realized there are just too many .whatevers out there. Hey, at least I'm not Glen Miyashiro. He's a veeerrry, booooorring person (according to Frank DeLima).
                            Hey no blame or give credit to me!

I just got you through the basics... you was there long after I graduated!

When one graduates from college...they should give themselves a pat on the back...even if it does take 10 years
                            Last edited by damontucker; July 11, 2006, 05:39 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

It is my name - how un-originl is that. But I was named after my father -= oliver which means peace (in Greek?) not sure. I have no cool hawaiian names. Oh well - but thanks for asking.
                              olivia

Comment

Originally posted by olivia
                                oliver which means peace (in Greek?) not sure.
                                which brought us the symbol of a dove with an olive branch signifying peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X