Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Utah

Aloha,
    I'm new to HT although I've tried to join once before but got intimidated by the registration process!

I've never been a full time resident of the Hawaii but have been visiting since I was 21 (quite a while ago). I mostly go to Kauai and have a condo there, but have also spent time on the Big Island... mostly because I was into doing the Ironman. My last race was in 91 and I've gotten waaaay out of shape since then.

I'm interested in photography and have a couple of Canon cameras.

I'm just here to join in the conversation and make story.
    ~~~~~~
    Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Re: Aloha from Utah

Aloha HanaleiRay from across the puddles in England. Enjoy yourself, they are an informative group of members.

Comment

Thank you Barry!
      ~~~~~~

Comment

Welcome to HT, HRay!

Utah, huh? For some reason, I've always wanted to go there and see what it's like. My dad went on a business trip there years and years ago and took some really pretty pictures. What kind of weather are you having right now?

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

It's been really nice, warm and sunny, very little wind. I'm in Park City so not as hot as down in the valley. Cool nights etc.
          ~~~~~~

Comment

Welcome to you, Ray, from California. We have quite a few friendly photographers here at HT. Find the photosharing thread, and please share some of yours there too, if you would. Many of us are Canon users. I have a few point and shoots, but am still way, way low on the skills level. I have learned a lot here, just reading the others' posts.

I have always wanted to go visit Kauai and the Big Island. Maybe you can share photos of your visits with us? So nice that you have the Condo there. Ironman, wow!

I hope you have many good times here, and please join in and feel at home. These are good people.

Snowbird Barb

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
              Find the photosharing thread, and please share some of yours there too, if you would. Many of us are Canon users. I have a few point and shoots, but am still way, way low on the skills level. I have learned a lot here, just reading the others' posts.

Snowbird Barb
              I've been looking for a photosharing thread.

PS: I saw "Snowbird" and thought we were neighbors... it's a ski resort here.
              ~~~~~~

Comment

Hey there--aloha! I, too, live in Southern California, but have been to Hawaii a couple of times--Oahu, Kauai, and Maui. I have left a lot of my heart in those places...cannot wait to go back. But, this year's travels are taking my husband and me to Zion and Bryce, there in Utah. I know you don't live right near those places, but I hope you can give us any tips on how to best see all the beauty that I am sure awaits us there! I am NOT a hiker-type, so we won't be scaling any great canyon walls--I don't want to come home with a broken hip!--but I am a total photography nut, so any advice you can give us will be appreciated. Mahalo!

Welcome aboard here--always good to have new, fresh ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by HawaiiMama View Post
                  Hey there--aloha! I, too, live in Southern California, but have been to Hawaii a couple of times--Oahu, Kauai, and Maui. I have left a lot of my heart in those places...cannot wait to go back. But, this year's travels are taking my husband and me to Zion and Bryce, there in Utah. I know you don't live right near those places, but I hope you can give us any tips on how to best see all the beauty that I am sure awaits us there! I am NOT a hiker-type, so we won't be scaling any great canyon walls--I don't want to come home with a broken hip!--but I am a total photography nut, so any advice you can give us will be appreciated. Mahalo!

Welcome aboard here--always good to have new, fresh ideas!
                  Thanks for the welcome HawaiiMama! I assume you'll be driving up from Zions from So Cal so you'll drive through St. George and over to Springdale. Springdale is quite a pretty little town and has a lot of small motels and places to eat along the road. There's also a big Imax theater there that has some great shows about Zions and the park. It's a great place to take a break if the weather turns bad on you or you just need to rest for a while.

Ruby's Inn is another nice spot to stay or eat closer to Bryce. I know you can't see it all, but Cedar Breaks and Captial Reef are also great places to see.
                  ~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks, Ray! We are driving, and I appreciate the input--we're the kinds of people that will just stop if something catches our eye, rather than just trying to "stick with a deadline", so we will certainly explore those little places. Looking forward to leaving the rat race for awhile to soak up some beauty. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                    X