Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Aloha!
    I found this thread while surfing the WEBs. I am glad to be here, and I hope to get to know most of you. I am a senior citizen, a golfer, and an animal person. I am not looking for any personal relationships, as I am a family man.

I presently live on the Island of Kauai, but originally came from Kalihi Valley on Oahu.

Re: New here

Aloha & Welcome!

You don't have to worry about any "personal relationships" on here - its not that kind of place. Of course, some of us do have friendships away from HT because we have gotten to know each other in the real world.

HT is an interesting place of discussion with some really interesting personalities, with very strong opinions. Feel free to join in the discussions and enjoy the ride!

"Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Welcome, Nobunaga. I'll ditto what anapuni wrote!

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
        You don't have to worry about any "personal relationships" on here - its not that kind of place.
        Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Welcome, Nobunaga. I'll ditto what anapuni wrote!
        Wait ... what?!?!

NOW you tell me.

All the time I've been wasting these past five years and over 8K posts.

Is this why people keep telling me to get one of those things, what are they called again ... ? Oh, right. A "life."

Ehhh, too late to go back now, I guess.

So - welcome, 信長 - and watch out; we can be a bunch of nut-cases here from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
          I presently live on the Island of Kauai, but originally came from Kalihi Valley on Oahu.
          Aloha and welcome to HT Nobunga! I'm 1stwahine.

Ditto to what everyone said.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks folks,
            I hope to meet all of you fo real someday. It looks like the bunch here are real nice people.

I have two small poi dogs, and I feed the birds and stray cats around my neighborhood. I also feed the fish and the birds on the golf course when I am golfing at the Wailua Golf Course.

Any golfers here?

Comment

Originally posted by Nobunaga View Post
              It looks like the bunch here are real nice people.
              Mostly yes! But beware of the political themed threads. Of course, there is always the "ignore" feature if a particular poster tries to take all the fun out of HT for you!

Welcome aboard!
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

OK, perhaps we can arrange a date when we all can meet at lunch when I get to Oahu on a trip. Some food court, and of course, everyone buys their own.... But maybe in after this year is over... I am kind of busy for the rest of this year.

Comment

we've already had a few lunches at the building where I work - could possibly plan another for whenever you're in town. The building is downtown Honolulu and has 11 restaurants!

HT also has an annual get together at Xmas and also a picnic in spring time.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Sounds good to me. If HT is having a luncheon of that type around Christmas, I might be able to make it. I plan to retire in November, but there are so many loose ends I have to take care of before I can close my business. Also, I am looking at a retirement business where I will not have to work as hard, or as many hours.

Comment

the lunches have never been an "official" HT get together - it usually depends on who is available, like when some one from off island is in town and whoever can make it to lunch - usually about 5 or 6 people. the Xmas party is usually in the evening. just make sure to announce when you will be here & we can usually manage to get a few folks together. this is how i've met most of the HT members that i know personally.

oh, and i met one person on the bus one day - but it kind of freaked her out that she was recognized. hehehe
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Welcome to HT!

Comment

I kind of thought it would be that way. In the old days before the WEB, the State sponsored a chat line. The people in that chat line got together several times, but none were "official"

Some like to remain annonymous, and if you are new to this type of thing, I understand why... I was rather private myself. There were some horror stories about some phony people trying to hustle unsuspecting members.

Comment

Working...
                          X