Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banking Help PLEASE!

Aloha
    i have been having alot of problems with with FHB and thinking about changing banks, i still want to go local. I have looked at Hickam Federal and a few others but cant make up my mind. I was looking for something that i dont have to keep tons of money in, maybe a reimbursement or no ATM fee when i pull money out from another banks ATM. overdraft coverage maybe and no crazy random fees. Please help with some suggestions please Mahalo.

Re: Banking Help PLEASE!

I have a free checking account at FHB along with a personal loan. I've been a customer for years and am quite happy with them. They have a good website where I can track my accounts. If you would care to share - what is your problem with them? Maybe its something that can be fixed.

I tried to open a 2nd acct at BOH several years ago. The very experienced counselor (22 yrs!) used someone else's account number, deposited my $$$ to their account and then THEY started withdrawing my money. They were very appologetic and gave me $10 and a cheap umbrella but I still demanded my deposit back and probably will never use that bank again!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Have you read this thread? It covers a few years. Plus, iirc, the world of banking is currently changing so what might be offered today may cease in the not too distant future.

Aren't ATM fees from other bank machines standard? Or am I missing something?!

Oh, and welcome to HT!

Comment

well i have been waiting for two weeks not for my debit card because someone compromised a bunch of card numbers, so no biggie just its been almost two weeks and im getting the run around with them. They first forgot to send it, then the address they sent it to was wrong so then i told them to send it to a branch so when they did that they sent it to the wrong address again. I confirmed with them my address about three times, and i keep getting different answers from them, like oh we sent it to the branch and the next day i get told they sent it to an address. and im aware of the ATM fees but on top of that the bank charges me also on top of the fee at the ATM. One thing that really bothers me is they make it sound like it my fault that they cant take down a proper address too, so im not to happy about that either.

Tutusue thank you for the link it might help.

Comment

Sounds like you need to actually go into your branch, talk to the manager and explain your problem getting your card. as for ATM fees - there aren't any unless you use a machine that isn't theirs.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
          X