Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: aloha from Seoul,Korea

Originally posted by Tiger Beer
    However.. I'm planning to be in Honolulu this Summer for anywhere from 6-12 weeks.. can't wait.

(Basically I teach at a university in Seoul with paid vacations.. while its not a lot of money.. its enough I might be able to escape by in expensive Honolulu for the summer - as long as I look for some temp work at the temp agencies as well!).. which I'm more than willing to do!
    Eh, Tiger Beer! Wanna make some Big Bucks while you're here? Bring some Yobo Movies! Gurantee you make Mula $$$! I buy! Das foa sure!

MAMA & Me are Fanatics!

Auntie pUpule
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yeah, I heard they are the BIG RAGE there in Hawaii.. same when I was in the Philippines this winter.. everyone was talking about all those Korean soaps! People in the Philippines kept asking me if I'd ever seen any of these Korean soap stars and all that.. amazing.

Actually here in Seoul.. few if any foreigners watch any of the Korean soaps.. largely because they aren't translated into English here.. its ALL in Korean all the time!! and my Korean language abilities kinda suck!

Not that I'm into soaps all that much.. but the film industry in Korea is incredible.. and I usually don't see the films until I go back to the US and see them in some international film festival there with english subtitles! grrrrrrrrrr.....

Maybe if I brought Korean soaps to Hawaii.. no one would want them without the translations.. but then again.. if they are on DVD they might have that capabilitity to be seen in English.. maybe.. hmm.. I wonder.

Comment

Maybe if I brought Korean soaps to Hawaii.. no one would want them without the translations.. but then again.. if they are on DVD they might have that capabilitity to be seen in English.. maybe.. hmm.. I wonder.
        Find out if it's LEGAL first. Then check if it can can get um in DVD capabilities which I'm sure can, cause das what get ova here to rent and buy. If you really interested and want to talk bussiness - PM me.

I'm serious.

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; April 2, 2006, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Find out if it's LEGAL first. Then check if it can can get um in DVD capabilities which I'm sure can, cause das what get ova here to rent and buy. If you really interested and want to talk bussiness - PM me.

I'm serious.

Auntie Lynn
          Okay.. I'm going to ask my students this week in class if the DVDs are at least available with English subtitles.

What are they like in Hawaii? Dubbed or subtitled?

Comment

Okay.. I'm going to ask my students this week in class if the DVDs are at least available with English subtitles.

What are they like in Hawaii? Dubbed or subtitled?
            With the click of a button you can have your choice of having English, Japanese or Chinese Sub-Titles. Make sure you get the Legal ones! They have alot of Pirate ones coming in from China - those you can get into Major trouble. Good Luck!

Keep in Touch.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Is this thread still alive? I know I'm swingin' in a bit late, but I saw 'tiger beer' and it threw me for a loop- I'm in Seoul now but will be in Honolulu- U of H, Manoa- in late July for a year.

I'll bring any dvds you want in exchange for some tips on what neighborhoods to avoid and what bars to hit.

Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by wanderer
                Is this thread still alive? I know I'm swingin' in a bit late, but I saw 'tiger beer' and it threw me for a loop- I'm in Seoul now but will be in Honolulu- U of H, Manoa- in late July for a year.

I'll bring any dvds you want in exchange for some tips on what neighborhoods to avoid and what bars to hit.

Wanderer
                Me! Me! Me! PM Me! Me! Me!

Auntie Lynn

Hello????? I waiting for your reply!!!
                Last edited by 1stwahine; May 19, 2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X