Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm back in Hawai'i

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    ...as for the Whack Whack incident, I got a bit of a scolding from a sushi chef over taking pictures. I had to ask our waitress, Christine if that was true and she told us no. So, I said "Whack Whack!" Da bugga lucky I wasn't drinking!
    Except even after that, I got scolded for taking photos elsewhere in the restaurant. That didn't stop me (or anyone else), of course, but it was interesting to see conflicting understandings of what should be a pretty straightforward policy.

Never been there before. An interesting experience. The sushi bar makes it worthwhile, I think. Thanks, Surfingfarmboy! Hope you can meet other HTers leading up to the marathon...

Comment

I still don't get the pilikia over the photos. What was Todai gonna do..call in the HPD with guns cocked and confiscate your cameras?

It really was a great time. It is not often that a get together works out as planned 100%..usually somebody gets sick or something else more urgent usurps the get together. So, with that in mind, I do thank each of you who were at Todai for being there. Scriv was saying, in good-natured fun, that the inari I was eating could be had at 7-11, any day. Maybe so, but the inari I was eating last night was in the company of 5 HT'ers I truly enjoy, and to be forthright, that can't be had for any price. Besides..I wasn't going to be cheated out of ANY inari coming my way this visit to Todai!

I'd love to meet other HT'ers at "The" marathon...Boston, NY, Chicago...yeah, your marathons are nice, but they can't possibly come close to being as beautiful as Honolulu...that's why I refer to it as "The" marathon. I doubt I'll be able to meet anybody...28,000 runners all congregating at Ala Moana and Queen makes it tough to find anybody! It's a running sea of humanity...a runner's paradise, in my opinion! Best bet would be to try and meet up at Kapi'olani Park after the race, but that too can be tough with all of the runners. Good chance after this race I'll be on an IV as I usually dehydrate and get wicked bad cramps in my quads and calves...no big thing, but again, that makes it hard to plan on meeting someone if that possibilty exists.

Anyway...I do hope we can get together sometime...maybe next year in 2006!

Randy..the Surfingfarmboy!

Comment

Thanks Randy! That was a blast!

Good luck in "The" marathon!

Blaine
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Glad to see and hear everyone had a great time.

Perhaps that intense thunder storm Oahu experienced yesterday afternoon was the wrath of Aunty. Sushi chef says with a sneer, "Eh, no take pictah' of me and my secret sushi techniques!" WHACK!!! WHACK!!! WHACK!!! as lightning & thunder strikes. "Ouch-ouch-ouch Aunty, owee-owee-owee!" Sushi man yells, then cowers under chopping board counter.

Seriously, I was truly looking forward to meeting all of you, though I already had another function RSVP'd that same evening which was made long ago. Mahalo once again Surfingfarmboy for the kind invitation. Your generosity truly reflects the aloha spirit. All the best on your 26 mile "walk (mostly run) through paradise"!

Hopefully we can organize another HT event in the near future. Anything from a simple pot luck on the beach to another fun restaurant. Whatevahz. Bring it on... food, cameras (he he) and good times!
          Last edited by Pomai; December 5, 2005, 05:07 PM.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

surfingfarmboy, sorry i missed the fun! just got back from asia the day before your get together. anyway, i hope you have a great run!
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
            X