Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my trip to hawaii!!

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
    “Out of the way” is a relative term when applied to places.

uhh, ok, I will bite.

what ELSE is the term “Out of the way” applied to, beSIDES "places"?

Okay, speaking of naïve, now we come to the “ignorant surfers” comment. Carlhuber, dude, that was just plain bad writing.
    what you actually WROTE came out wrong and insulting.
    Obviously you aren’t a surfer yourself, or your description of surfers on the North Shore would have been very different.

AAAaaannnnd, my point is proven. and reiterated.

Comment

eh. aunty.
      speaking of chinatown. try spok da kine:

http://tikitv.com/show.html

http://tikitv.com/showch.html

need fast connection, and latest quicktime free video player software for windoze or mac ...

Comment

Most of what was considered "offensive" can be found in Frank De Lima's comedy show. But Frank is from the islands, and the author is not. Double standard certainly applies here. Many residents in the islands relish and embrace the thin-skinned sensitivity training that is fostered by the notion of political correctness.

This is but a mere symptom of the xenophobia that festers in these islands like a dripping wound that is turning to gangreen. Xenophobia is a big part of the demise of the USSR in the 80's. History tells us that most cultures that practiced any level of xenophobia are now extinct.

Extinction of culture is a paramount issue around these parts. I know that Hawaiians study history. They should be very critical of the xenophobics within their ranks who are unwittingly trying to kill off island culture.

But I'm probably "preachin' in the cemetary", and it saddens me.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
          eh. aunty.
          speaking of chinatown. try spok da kine:

http://tikitv.com/show.html

http://tikitv.com/showch.html

need fast connection, and latest quicktime free video player software for windoze or mac ...
          Kimo, The first one ~ I tried twice. I saw the Aloha Tower and heard the squaking of the birds. Then it got stuck.

The second one ~ fabulous footage! Mahalo!!!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona

But I'm probably "preachin' in the cemetary", and it saddens me.
            this sound like a liar, i mean a lawyer speakin, and it saddens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Kimo, The first one ~ I tried twice. I saw the Aloha Tower and heard the squaking of the birds. Then it got stuck.

The second one ~ fabulous footage! Mahalo!!!

Auntie Lynn
              they are big kine files. give it a while. try much later.
              Rome wasn't burned in a day.

Comment

they are big kine files. give it a while. try later. days later.
                Rome wasn't burned in a day.
                ...how long was it burned? I bet longer than our Chinatown! Joke!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

da firss one is a one and a half minute file, at 5+ megabytes.

da second one is a 55 meg file. Only 7 megs loaded, then compuker cwashed.
                  It runs for many minutes. don't know how long yet... And i gotta resend it. soooo... gimme couple days, eh?!
                  Last edited by kimo55; January 29, 2006, 11:19 PM.

Comment

da firss one is a one and a half minute file, at 5+ megabytes.

da second one is a 55 meg file. It goes for many minutes. don't know how long yet... And i gotta resend it.
                    I got the second one fine.

The first one was the one I had difficult time with.
                    (could only hear the birds squaking ~ den all of a sudden come on like one broken record.) Had to close the widow and open up another window.

Das ok. I'll try agian laterz.

Lynn

Comment

you saw the second one? only a few seconds of dat I steh wen goin' wen go steh put up li' dat.
                      da first one, try again. should run all troo Honolulu minute and a half. all chinatown and li' dat.
                      bumbai you try fo tell me what kine dat. wheah da kine. k den.

Comment

Extinction of culture is a paramount issue around these parts. I know that Hawaiians study history. They should be very critical of the xenophobics within their ranks who are unwittingly trying to kill off island culture.
                        you're kiddin', right?
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Most of what was considered "offensive" can be found in Frank De Lima's comedy show. But Frank is from the islands, and the author is not. Double standard certainly applies here. Many residents in the islands relish and embrace the thin-skinned sensitivity training that is fostered by the notion of political correctness.
                          I don't think xenophobia is ubiquitous to Hawai'i. All over the place, people call each other names. One thing I've noticed is it appears to be "OK" to call someone of the same race as you a derogatory name, but it's not OK for someone of another race to use the same exact derogatory term when talking to or about that other person. In one case, the derogatory name is symbolic of identification with other person; in the other, a symbol of racism. So what's up with that anyway?

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

My son-inlaw arrived a few days ago. Tall, handsome, and yes ~ Haole to the max. We've taken him to several places and he has embraced our islands and our culture with open arms. He eats what we eat without question. He joins in whatever we're doing. He asks whenever in doubt. He laughs at our jokes about his looks and he jokes about ours. He's blended well.

...He takes a walk by himself. Everybody panicks. I live MWH. A posse is started. My three soldiers is ready for Full Combat. Me, I'm ready for a Full Out World War III.

Buggah comes walking back smiling and saying how fabulous and how green Hawai'i is compared to Arizona! The people are friendly too!!! We all look at him and start laughing. MWH has just accepted Auntie pUpUle's son-inlaw!

Have a great week everybody!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              My son-inlaw arrived a few days ago. Tall, handsome, and yes ~ Haole to the max. We've taken him to several places and he has embraced our islands and our culture with open arms. He eats what we eat without question. He joins in whatever we're doing. He asks whenever in doubt. He laughs at our jokes about his looks and he jokes about ours. He's blended well.
                              And there's the key to blending well --- sounds like he is open-minded about unfamiliar foods, settings and people, and has a sense of humor about who he is, who you are, and is secure in knowing that the differences don't automatically lead to conflict.
                              I'll bet he also doesn't tell you that you do such-and-such "the wrong way" in Hawai`i - I think that's at the heart of kimo55's points: it's okay to notice the differences, just don't judge them "wrong" by your own limited standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X