X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha from Massachusetts

Originally posted by Mask
    Hi 1stwahine!

The screen name just kind of happened by a mistake.

I had engineered and produced a song for a friend in New York city for her husbands stage show that ran in Athens, Greece. When they did the translation for the credits and they screwed up my first name (Mark) and I became the producer known as Mask. So, I kept it.
    Mark is BEAUTIFUL NAME!!! hahahaha

Wait....Oahu biggest island?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too Funny.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hi blueyecicle!

The sunflower we grew! The bees love them! I hope you enjoy your trip to MA, but be warned that MA drivers are "challenging" to say the least!
      Man, they haven't met the insane pink haired driver yet!! hehe I have been told I drive like I live in NY...so is that a good thing or a bad thing??
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I know there's the Big Island (Hawai'i) but the Big O'ahu?

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy
          I've been known to holler a "big wahoo" on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by LocoBoy

The only Big ting on Oahu is Mufi's Head!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aUNTIE PuPUle

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              The only Big ting on Oahu is Mufi's Head!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aUNTIE PuPUle
              Good one Auntie.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
                Good one Auntie.

Oink. Mahalo. Oink. Oink.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle
                  Man, they haven't met the insane pink haired driver yet!! hehe I have been told I drive like I live in NY...so is that a good thing or a bad thing??
                  Aggressive? It's a good thing here.
                  Mask

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    Welcome to HT, Mask. I lived in Boston for 10 years and loved the pulse of the city (of course, I was younger back then, and loved being around so many young people ). Haven't been back there since I moved to the other coast. But Fall was my favorite time of year in New England: when the leaves start changing color (didn't like having to rake the leaves up, though). I'd drive up to NH and VT to see the fall foliage. I had a friend in VT whose family had a farm so we tapped maple trees for the sap, pressed apples for cider...ahhhh the smell of a woodstove...

Anyway, where on Kauai are you planning to land? Some parts (especially the stretch between Lihue and the Coconut Coast) are pretty much packed and the roads are horribly inadequate, so you might just feel right at home (except for the climate).

Miulang

Hi Miulang!

I know you may miss those things but I've seen enough winters for a while. The other thing that bothers me about this latitude is the huge swings in the length of the days and DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. It drives me cRaZy!!!

As far as where I would like to land. . . . I want to move somewhere between Kapa'a and Princeville. I may or may not be able to pull that off. It depends what housing prices do in the next six to eight months.
                    Mask

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                      Mark is BEAUTIFUL NAME!!! hahahaha

Wait....Oahu biggest island?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Too Funny.

Auntie Lynn

I guess Mark is better than being called "stain"!!! LOL
                      Mask

Comment

Hi Miulang!

I know you may miss those things but I've seen enough winters for a while. The other thing that bothers me about this latitude is the huge swings in the length of the days and DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. It drives me cRaZy!!!

As far as where I would like to land. . . . I want to move somewhere between Kapa'a and Princeville. I may or may not be able to pull that off. It depends what housing prices do in the next six to eight months.
                        You're right about those awful winters! The last winter I spent in Boston, Christmas Day was -25 degrees with the wind chill factor. I don't miss shoveling snow, either.

And you may be in luck, looks like housing prices in Hawai'i are starting to moderate (i.e., not appreciate as much as the last 5 years). Some sellers are actually having to reduce their asking prices by 7% before anybody even comes to look at their place. Whatever you do, don't live anywhere near a river bank...the Ka Loko Dam breach last year was very very tragic.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by achow
                          Aloha and welcome to HT Mask! I love your screen name by the way. Kauai is a nice place to live. I live on the island of O'ahu the largest island on the Hawaiian Island chain.

Hi achow!

Thank you for the welcome. I hope to be there in six to eight months. Wish me luck.
                          Mask

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                            You're right about those awful winters! The last winter I spent in Boston, Christmas Day was -25 degrees with the wind chill factor. I don't miss shoveling snow, either.

And you may be in luck, looks like housing prices in Hawai'i are starting to moderate (i.e., not appreciate as much as the last 5 years). Some sellers are actually having to reduce their asking prices by 7% before anybody even comes to look at their place. Whatever you do, don't live anywhere near a river bank...the Ka Loko Dam breach last year was very very tragic.

Miulang
                            Yes! I can live without all that with no problems at all. But what drives me the most (beyond the awful winters) is the light thing. I want to be in a place where there's 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night and no DST! It's the DST that really gets me.

I heard about Ka Loko Dam. It was very sad. You just don't think things like that will happen. Hopefully, it'll make the state take notice of these old dams and keep the levels down when the rainy season gets into full swing.
                            Mask

Comment

Welcome to HT Mask(Mark)! Enjoy your stay.
                              Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Hey mask,

Another native denizen of the Bay State. Grew up in Bridgewater, but lived in Boston most of my adult life.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Boston really is a city unlike any other in the U.S. All the history, all the Universities and students, the local music scene really define Boston in my opinion.

Now, if they could just do something about the long cold winters!

Anyway, good luck with the move.

Comment

Working...
                                X