X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aloha from Hilo

Howzit Kory!

Wow!! a fellow hilo native! Aloha!

That is so cool that you went to school with Jackie!

I went to your website and it really sparked my interest as there were food topics! Been on a preshow diet since the 1st of January and I finally get to eat regular food in 12 days. Jackie and I make and wear the costumes for the Kikaida shows and appearances in Hawaii. jackie is lucky ,still skinny no need diet like I have to.

Hilo is changing quickly, so much new faces around town not like before..

Aloha Layne

Comment

Howzit Layne,

Watched the video of your work and it's so cool. Brings back memories from small-kid time. My favorite was always Riderman. I guess I always liked the good guy, bad guy internal conflict thing. Hakaida was cool too. I have his whistle as one of the rings on my cell phone.

I haven't seen Jackie in years. I was a freshman the year she won Miss Hawaii Teen. I think my mom could have been her math teacher when she was back at Waiakea Inter too. If I remember right, she was a hula dancer. I think I remember her dancing in a purple crushed velvet holoku for May Day her senior year. Is she still dancing?

Can't wait to find a job in Hilo and move back. Maybe we can hook up when I'm home one day and go grind.

Kory
      You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kory K View Post
        Howzit Layne,

Watched the video of your work and it's so cool. Brings back memories from small-kid time. My favorite was always Riderman. I guess I always liked the good guy, bad guy internal conflict thing. Hakaida was cool too. I have his whistle as one of the rings on my cell phone.

I haven't seen Jackie in years. I was a freshman the year she won Miss Hawaii Teen. I think my mom could have been her math teacher when she was back at Waiakea Inter too. If I remember right, she was a hula dancer. I think I remember her dancing in a purple crushed velvet holoku for May Day her senior year. Is she still dancing?

Can't wait to find a job in Hilo and move back. Maybe we can hook up when I'm home one day and go grind.

Kory
        Kory

In fact , I just encouraged Jackie to go back to Hula after a 10 year lay off and she went last night. She came home sore and is still sleeping, must be exhausted and not used to it. She going be late fo work, I better wake her up! LOL!

Good guy bad guy conflicts are cool! Did you see the recent Hakaida movie? In that one he is definitely going through that kind of thing but ends up a good guy in the end. As for those ring tones, all my friends who do the Kikaida show with me have them too. I tried so many time to do the same but cant figure it out?

Your memory is flawless, Jackie's velvet holoku is what got me everytime she wore it. She still has it in our closet and probably still fits into it after all these year. That Miss Teen World title is one of her highlights, she went on to win another title during her senior year and danced in the Merrie Monarch a few times. She is presently an elementary teacher and mother of three.

We both are in our 40's now but work hard to keep in shape and stay youthful for our children. We started late having children and have three, an 11 year old daughter,9 year old daughter, and 3 year old son.

Would be cool to hook up with you and go eat! At this point in my diet food is better than gold!

We will both be on Oahu on the 20th of this month for a Kikaida appearance at Shirokiya. If your free, please come down and say hi, I would be stoked to meet someone from this board and who is also from Hilo! The appearance starts at 2:00 and ends at 3:30 pm. We both will be in costume until 3:30 but could to meet you either before or after the show!

Take care & nice talking to you
        Layne

Comment

Originally posted by Hilo Artist View Post
          Kory

In fact , I just encouraged Jackie to go back to Hula after a 10 year lay off and she went last night. She came home sore and is still sleeping, must be exhausted and not used to it. She going be late fo work, I better wake her up! LOL!

Good guy bad guy conflicts are cool! Did you see the recent Hakaida movie? In that one he is definitely going through that kind of thing but ends up a good guy in the end. As for those ring tones, all my friends who do the Kikaida show with me have them too. I tried so many time to do the same but cant figure it out?

Your memory is flawless, Jackie's velvet holoku is what got me everytime she wore it. She still has it in our closet and probably still fits into it after all these year. That Miss Teen World title is one of her highlights, she went on to win another title during her senior year and danced in the Merrie Monarch a few times. She is presently an elementary teacher and mother of three.

We both are in our 40's now but work hard to keep in shape and stay youthful for our children. We started late having children and have three, an 11 year old daughter,9 year old daughter, and 3 year old son.

Would be cool to hook up with you and go eat! At this point in my diet food is better than gold!

We will both be on Oahu on the 20th of this month for a Kikaida appearance at Shirokiya. If your free, please come down and say hi, I would be stoked to meet someone from this board and who is also from Hilo! The appearance starts at 2:00 and ends at 3:30 pm. We both will be in costume until 3:30 but could to meet you either before or after the show!

Take care & nice talking to you
          Layne

I will try and see you in costume at Shirokiya Layne, I would like to meet you in person. Hope that everything is going great for you. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
            I will try and see you in costume at Shirokiya Layne, I would like to meet you in person. Hope that everything is going great for you. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon.
            Howzit achow!

That is so cool! Please ask for me by name to any shirokiya staff. Just tell them Layne the Kikaida costume actor and someone will call me from down in the dressing room. Before the show at around 1:15 pm would be cool or either after the show would be great!

Takes like 1/2 hour to get dressed in all that machinery! LOL!

A few years ago, I organized a get together of people from the Kiku Tv message board and Kikaida board. I flew in special from Hilo and we held it in the eating area of shirokiya. Most of those guys have become lifelong friends and go out karaoke and stuff every weekend.

Anyone else out there from HT boards in the vicinity of Shirokiya on May 20th at 1:00pm please come down and say hi! Would be great to meet you folks!

Looking forward to meeting you!
            aloha
            Layne

Comment

A little encouragement doesnt hurt..
              But heres a small kine incentive,

for the first 3 people who come to Shirokiya to meet me at 1:00pm. I will gladly present you with my fine art print to show my gratitude in meeting you. If you come at 3:30 to meet me I will present another 3 to friends from Hawaii Threads who come to meet me.

heres a link to the image the actual print is 24 x 36 inches
              http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...i_1949_9134402

Just having fun and making new friends!

Comment

Just wanted to thank the folks who came out to meet me at Shirokiya this past Sunday!

Wanted to send a shout out to Kory and to give me a call when you come home! We go south point go fish!

To my old time friend Pomai, was nice seeing and talking to you after almost 6 years! Those crunch bars I handed you are irresistible! I ate four of them that weekend! the next thing I want you to review is our Hilo homemamde portuguese sausage.

For those of you who missed coming down to shirokiya. My next journey to Oahu will be for Flavors of Honolulu at the end of June and Keiki Hula in July. Come by and I will be glad to pass on a fine art print to you!

A hui hou a Malama Pono
                Layne da Hilo Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Hilo Artist View Post
                  Just wanted to thank the folks who came out to meet me at Shirokiya this past Sunday!

Wanted to send a shout out to Kory and to give me a call when you come home! We go south point go fish!

To my old time friend Pomai, was nice seeing and talking to you after almost 6 years! Those crunch bars I handed you are irresistible! I ate four of them that weekend! the next thing I want you to review is our Hilo homemamde portuguese sausage.

For those of you who missed coming down to shirokiya. My next journey to Oahu will be for Flavors of Honolulu at the end of June and Keiki Hula in July. Come by and I will be glad to pass on a fine art print to you!

A hui hou a Malama Pono
                  Layne da Hilo Artist
                  Hi Layne, sorry that I didn't stop by Shirokiya the last time you were here. Just missed the Flavors of Honolulu. Where is the Keiki Hula going to be held? Maybe I can catch a show or something. Take care and talk to you later.

Alana aka achow
                  Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

July 19 - 21 2007
                    Neal Blaisdell Arena

KEIKI HULA COMPETITION
                    Established in 1976, the Queen Lili’uokalani Keiki Hula Competition began as part of a festival and pageant in A’ala Park organized by KPC&A. The hula competition itself was one of many events included in the festival with only six halau competing that first year.
                    http://www.hoalahawaii.com/caljul07.html

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                    X