Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

Doggone it. Can you tell I'm distracted? I have a major off-campus activity with my algebra students Monday and I've been working on getting it prepared all weekend. It's 12:27 in the morning right now and I'm still in my classroom finishing up the preparations.

Two posts up, I say your answers are due at 11:00. They're due at 9:00, as usual.

Ugh.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Doggone it. Can you tell I'm distracted? I have a major off-campus activity with my algebra students Monday and I've been working on getting it prepared all weekend. It's 12:27 in the morning right now and I'm still in my classroom finishing up the preparations.

Two posts up, I say your answers are due at 11:00. They're due at 9:00, as usual.

Ugh.
      oh my word, good luck Monday!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

• Re: Day 28 Answers

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        [...]
        I think this was tough to Google if you typed it in the way it appears on the cardboard tray that comes with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Only liberty, tutusue, and Leo Lakio got that right.

tutusue says, "Dunno whether that answer is right but I always lick the wrapper when the chocolate has melted!" Ooooh. Um, wow. Is it, uh, getting hot in here?[...]
        Yikes! I'm shocked I got that one right! I was all googled out, not to mention out of time, so I just wrote my favorite candy. And, I've never noticed that text on the packaging! It's true, tho', that I lick the wrapper when the chocolate has melted from too long a stay in my car!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Yikes! I'm shocked I got that one right! I was all googled out, not to mention out of time, so I just wrote my favorite candy. And, I've never noticed that text on the packaging! It's true, tho', that I lick the wrapper when the chocolate has melted from too long a stay in my car!
          I should have done what you did! When I read the question aloud, my husband immediately said "Reeses!" I asked him how he knew and he said he didn't - he just automatically licks the wrapper because it's always stuck to the top. It made sense - and I always do the same - but I couldn't find it on any Reeses wrapper I looked up. Darn! Coulda saved myself 30 minutes and just went with his "guess!"

Anymore questions like that and I'll drop to last place!
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
            I should have done what you did! When I read the question aloud, my husband immediately said "Reeses!"[...]
            Bless you for not listening to your husband!

Comment

When I read the question aloud, my husband immediately said "Reeses!"
              I remembered the full line; it ended with "...because no one should have to choose between chocolate and peanut butter."

I hope we're close to the end - I started working today, and don't know how much time I'll have to check in, especially with a class on Tuesday night, and a concert with Amy Hanaiali`i Wednesday night! Aaaaagggghhhhhh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                I remembered the full line; it ended with "...because no one should have to choose between chocolate and peanut butter."

I hope we're close to the end - I started working today, and don't know how much time I'll have to check in, especially with a class on Tuesday night, and a concert with Amy Hanaiali`i Wednesday night! Aaaaagggghhhhhh!!!
                Wooo hoooo!!!

Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

[...]
                  Yippee! <pumps arm>

Comment

Re: Reese's PB Cups

I don't ever remember seeing Reese's Peanut Butter Cups adorned with the advertising phrase imprinted on their cardboard trays. Is this something recent? I always thought their trays were either plain white or a dark chestnut color without any imprinting. Perhaps it's me...I'm not a milk chocolate kind of guy. Life's too short for milk chocolate. It's gotta be real chocolate...it's gotta be dark chocolate for me!

Comment

I'm so totally craving a Reese's PB Cup right now....Darn you, Scriv!

Comment

I had a king size pack with an ice-cold Viva Pep for breakfast.
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                          I had a king size pack with an ice-cold Viva Pep for breakfast.

Yummmmm.......Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

We'll go to Saturday, at which time we will see who is right ... and who is dead.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

As was I - so I had one! (Two, actually. Scrivener should collect a royalty from them.)

Comment

As was I - so I had one![...]
                                Me too! Craving that is! I couldn't cave into it tho' 'cuz I'm off chocolate, caffeine and booze. An extended stay on naproxyn wasn't nice to my tummy! How does one get thru the holidays without chocolate anything, senior diet cokes and a glass of wine? WHINE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X