X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Lakio
    replied
    Re: Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

Perfect examples of why the AF is glad to be an only child...

Oh, and a half-way through message to Scrivener: thanks for all the work to put this together again; I'm having a good time with it.

Leave a comment:

• zztype
    replied

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
    I think zztype should be a nice big brother and take his baby sister out on the town while she's visiting. Take a few days, show her the sights she hasn't seen in awhile. Keep her busy and out late. You know, past 9......... I'll work a deal with you Blaine. Keep her busy and I'll feed you the answers (just enough to stay behind me of course).
    Don't you worry about Goat Lady... hehehe... we'll take GOOD care of her. Hehehe. Can you say:

"Oops, the internet died! I wonder what happened?"

"Oops, the laptop fell in the pool! Auwe! You lost everything!"

"Oops, I spilled turkey gravy in your laptop keyboard! Yes, sloppy of me, a whole quart! Guess I'll have to buy you another one... for Christmas. Or maybe Easter."

Leave a comment:

• acousticlady
    replied

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I'm still thinking about acousticlady's rationale for leaving the potatoes out of the teppan-yaki question, but am leaning toward the point. Too tired right now to think about it.

Why do I have a feeling there are going to be a few appeals for "leather?"
    I'll make a deal.... give me the point for the teppan-yaki and I'll concede on the leather question Actually, I knew leather was wrong and was pretty sure glue was too. Never thought of gelatin. Now that I know how it's made I'm going to rethink that strawberry jell-o.

I think zztype should be a nice big brother and take his baby sister out on the town while she's visiting. Take a few days, show her the sights she hasn't seen in awhile. Keep her busy and out late. You know, past 9......... I'll work a deal with you Blaine. Keep her busy and I'll feed you the answers (just enough to stay behind me of course).

Leave a comment:

• Kalei99
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Still awaiting the results of my appeal for question #2, day 10...
    I need every point I can get, in pursuit of "Goat Lady."
    Dick Cheney is gonna invite you hunting soon, Scrivener. My advice is to decline.
    Hahaha And I'm still appealing my (and Liberty's) correct answer to the Modesto Bee question! Need every point I can get to stay AHEAD of you as I see you've been answering every question correctly!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

A few adjustments:
    And here are the current standings!
    32.50: Kalei99
    27.5: Leo Lakio
    Still awaiting the results of my appeal for question #2, day 10...
    I need every point I can get, in pursuit of "Goat Lady."
    Who's this?
    Dick Cheney is gonna invite you hunting soon, Scrivener. My advice is to decline.

Oh. And remember this.
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; November 16, 2007, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
    While researching today's questions I came upon this cool site: Hero Machine Make your own Super Hero (or Villain).

For you, Blaine....

Have fun! And, oh....and this is just another ploy to side track everyone form answering today's questions!
    check the hooves on that broa--I mean, woman!

Leave a comment:

• Kalei99
    replied

While researching today's questions I came upon this cool site: Hero Machine Make your own Super Hero (or Villain).

For you, Blaine....

Have fun! And, oh....and this is just another ploy to side track everyone form answering today's questions!

Leave a comment:

• liberty
    replied

liberty, your link for the oyster question isn't convincing enough. It's one person's blog from India...can you find more evidence that seafood is one of those "that's what they say" things?
    Hmm, can't find anything else. I'll concede.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Okay, so let's say the question began with, "Which of Snow White's dwarfs...?" and your answer had been:

"Sleepy! It's got to be Sleepy! Right?
    Or is it Sneezy?
    Or Doc?
    Wait, could it be Dopey?
    It's not Happy or Bashful, is it?
    Um, Grumpy?"

And let's say the answer is Grumpy. Should you get credit for THAT?

Leave a comment:

• zztype
    replied

I haven't decided on yours yet, because it was your last answer, and according to the rules, I take the last answer as the official submission.

But think about it. If it had been a true/false question, and your answer had been "True? False?" would you have expected credit if the answer were "false?"
    No, I would not expect credit for "false?", but this was not a true-false question.

Guess we need a "Lock in your final answer" button.

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

I haven't decided on yours yet, because it was your last answer, and according to the rules, I take the last answer as the official submission.

But think about it. If it had been a true/false question, and your answer had been "True? False?" would you have expected credit if the answer were "false?"

Leave a comment:

• zztype
    replied

I might have taken collagen, but it was one of three answers, two of which were followed by question marks!
    I did the same thing. I listed gelatin, but it had a question mark after it. I was disqualed, too. I am appealing.

Supreme Court, buddy. Better watch out, I might jump into Honolulu Harbor or something equally stupid!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I might have taken collagen, but it was one of three answers, two of which were followed by question marks!
    <picky><picky>

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Are ya listening, Mike_Lowery?
    Thanks for pointing it out, Leo. I'm locked and loaded, and ready to battle.

When it comes to this trivia thread, I'd fight everyone competing on the spot if I ran into them in public.

Lakers Ikimasho!

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Oh...ok! I'll appeal! I'll also appeal for collagen!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X