Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name that Logo

New round!...

Bonus points if you can describe why the rabbit has its arm raised in the second logo! (Creative-1, shhh, don't tell!)
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

2. Roberts Hawaii
      3. Al Phillips, The Cleaner

The first one is a stumper. And if I recall correctly, the story goes that the Rabbit in #2 is waving Aloha to its competition, Greyhound Buses, when it left the Hawai‘i market.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
        2. Roberts Hawaii
        3. Al Phillips, The Cleaner

The first one is a stumper. And if I recall correctly, the story goes that the Rabbit in #2 is waving Aloha to its competition, Greyhound Buses, when it left the Hawai‘i market.
        You nailed 1 & 2. Also the explanation of why the bunny's arm is up! There's an eleven-page story about the history of Roberts Hawaii and its founder, Robert Iwamoto, here.

For logo #1 in round 8, here's a hint: Their original location on Oahu is now occupied by an okazuya - a second location for them, which before that, this same location was formerly a very popular local bakery.
        Last edited by Pomai; August 3, 2008, 06:22 PM.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          For logo #1 in round 8, here's a hint: Their original location on Oahu is now occupied by an okazuya - a second location for them, which before that, this same location was formerly a very popular local bakery.
          #1 King's Bakery, now occupied by Gulick Deli.

Honoruru, you got the other two rather quickly. I thought Yummy's was gonna' be a stumper. Don Quijote's "Don Pen" the Penquin looks like the kid who used to get bullied and picked on in school. lol
          The reason I know Don Quijote’s logo is because I go there so often (I remember when they first opened and were selling that plush penguin ... they were all over the place).

As for Yummy’s Korean BBQ, I especially remember that logo because of an article about that Tiger, which is actually Hodori, the mascot of the 1988 Olympics in Seoul. The owner of Yummy’s, Peter Kim, who was a place kicker for Paul “Bear” Bryant’s Alabama Crimson Tide, is very loyal to his roots. Besides using the Seoul Olympics mascot as a logo for his Korean restaurant (after all, he was born in Korea, but raised in Hawaii), he also named one of his many restaurants “Bear’s” (which, sadly, no longer exists) after his legendary coach, Bear Bryant. Very inspirational article.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
            #1 King's Bakery, now occupied by Gulick Deli.
            While the logo in #1 isn't King's Bakery, those names you threw out should be just a Google-search away from who it is!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

While the logo in #1 isn't King's Bakery, those names you threw out should be just a Google-search away from who it is!
              Now you got me totally confused. I thought I had that one nailed!

BTW this is a great game, especially if there's a story behind the logo (or comments on the concept of what a good logo is supposed to be, or why).

Comment

#1. I'm just throwing out bakery names such as Leonards', Loves', or Holsum.

Comment

Oh, now I get it! I was reading your clues wrong.

#1 is Makino Chaya.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                    Oh, now I get it! I was reading your clues wrong.

#1 is Makino Chaya.
                    Glad you figured it out!...

While Genki's logo looks mad, Makino's looks sad. lol

What's also interesting to read about Robert's Hawaii, is that prior to Greyhound leaving the islands' business scene, their Rabbit logo on their buses were depicted in a running form, similar to Greyhound's running dog, intentionally designed to mock them, with the real-life tested theory that in a race, the rabbit always beat the dog.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

New round!...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I think 1 and 2 are candies, but not sure which ones - # 2 = Hawaiian Host?

Comment

since kimo said candy, i'm taking a guess that #1 is menehune macs.
                          "chaos reigns within.
                          reflect, repent and reboot.
                          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

1. Menehune Water?
                            3. Hula Coffee?

Comment

2. Hawaiian Host chocolate ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                                I think 1 and 2 are candies, but not sure which ones - # 2 = Hawaiian Host?
                                You are absolutely correct on all counts, including one more.

#2 is indeed Hawaiian Host!

Kane-lehua, you also got #1, which is Menehune Mac! He actually talks (in Flash) on their website.

With that, you can see what's in common here. All you gotta' do is figure out what the brand name is for #3.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X