Clear All

Re: Name that Logo
    #3 - Island Princess

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
      #3 - Island Princess
      You got it!

Have you ever noticed how many brands of Chocolate-covered Macadamia Nuts have joined the competition in recent years?

There's Hawaiian Sun, Ed & Dons, Mauna Loa (now owned by Hershey's), plus the three brands featured in this logo hunt. Take that and multiply it by all the different TYPES of macadamia nut-related products (caramacs, garlic onion this, dark chocolate that), and you have just massive amounts of sales floor space in the various supermarkets and department stores dedicated just to these tourism-driven products. It's mind-boggling!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

whoohoo, a winna! i finally got one. okay, you got me reved (spelling) up for some more.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
          whoohoo, a winna! i finally got one. okay, you got me reved (spelling) up for some more.
          OK, I finally have some extra free time to post a new one!...

Hints:
          • #1 is near Aloha Stadium on Moanalua Road.
          • #2's name (in part) is its street address
          • #3's name (in part) is also the name of a city on one of our islands
          Last edited by Pomai; August 10, 2008, 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling error
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#3. Hilo Hattie

Comment

I'm missing a round! I just got mobile after staying up until 3:00 am!!!!
              Anyway #2 is 3660 On the Rise. Second time a Russell Siu restaurant has
              been used in this game. I really enjoy this game! Thanks for starting it!

Comment

I'll take a stab at #1.

Is it Aiea Manapua & Snacks, home of the pizza manapua?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah View Post
                  I'll take a stab at #1.

Is it Aiea Manapua & Snacks, home of the pizza manapua?
                  Darn it. Didn't think anyone would get that one. You buggah you!

Personally never been there, so asking, how is Aiea Manapua & Snacks' Manapua (and food in general), anyway? Comparable to Libby (slacking lately on the Charsiu), Char Hung Sut and/or Chun Wah Kam?
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

You buggah you!
                    Personally never been there, so asking, how is Aiea Manapua & Snacks' Manapua (and food in general), anyway? Comparable to Libby (slacking lately on the Charsiu), Char Hung Sut and/or Chun Wah Kam?
                    I dunno. I drove over there just one time several years ago because I was curious about their pizza manapua that was all the rage back then, only to find they had just sold out. I was so disappointed I just turned around, left, and never went back.

Comment

i knew it was aiea manapua, darn it!

anyway, it's owned by a guy that used to work for long's (or so it used to be in 2000) who is not the original owner. the dim sum is just passable. even 7eleven's is better. anyway that's how i remember it.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      reflect, repent and reboot.
                      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

New round!...

It's obvious these all have something in common.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#1) Taro Brand Poi

I'm bummed I'm faltering on the other two! Must be the Pinot Gris of the
                          afternoon!

Oh SLAP ME!!!!!!!! # 3.) Hanalei Poi. This is should have gotten right away. Here's why. Our beloved Maggie was a nut for poi
                          especially Hanalei. She ate it throughout her short time with us (all brands). At the end we were splurging exclusively on
                          Hanalei for her due to cancer spreading and her Cushing's disease relentlessly taking over her body as well. So I bought
                          a plastic tub of it for what would be the last time - who knew? Anyway she came to the point where saying "Aloha baby"
                          was the only humane thing to do for her and it was so hard. Our dear vet came to the house and we all cried as she went
                          to sleep forever. So between absolute grief and despair and loneliness I saw her tub of poi in the fridge and lo and behold
                          the "best by date" or whatever it says on their containers read 9/28/04 which is the day she left us.............I have a little
                          shelf in her favorite room with her ashes, toys, t-shirts and so on and also that plastic tub from the poi.......My littlest
                          pit bull/basenbull poi dog gone but certainly never forgotten........
                          Last edited by leashlaws; August 16, 2008, 06:01 PM. Reason: add answer/remove repeated answer I didn't see it on the post

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                            #1) Taro Brand Poi

I'm bummed I'm faltering on the other two! Must be the Pinot Gris of the
                            afternoon!

Oh SLAP ME!!!!!!!! # 3.) Hanalei Poi. This is should have gotten right away. Here's why. Our beloved Maggie was a nut for poi
                            especially Hanalei. She ate it throughout her short time with us (all brands). At the end we were splurging exclusively on
                            Hanalei for her due to cancer spreading and her Cushing's disease relentlessly taking over her body as well. So I bought
                            a plastic tub of it for what would be the last time - who knew? Anyway she came to the point where saying "Aloha baby"
                            was the only humane thing to do for her and it was so hard. Our dear vet came to the house and we all cried as she went
                            to sleep forever. So between absolute grief and despair and loneliness I saw her tub of poi in the fridge and lo and behold
                            the "best by date" or whatever it says on their containers read 9/28/04 which is the day she left us.............I have a little
                            shelf in her favorite room with her ashes, toys, t-shirts and so on and also that plastic tub from the poi.......My littlest
                            pit bull/basenbull poi dog gone but certainly never forgotten........
                            Roger that on #1, which is indeed Taro Brand Poi. You're good!

Very touching story about your beloved Maggie, but must inform you that #3 is not Hanalei Poi (Kauai).

The location of #3 is near a mall on east Oahu.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              New round!...

Looks like more hints are needed.

#1 is Taro Brand Poi, thank you Leashlaws.

#2 could be easily answered by ZZType.

#3 is a health food store.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

#2 OHA
                                #3 'Umeke Market

The last two were almost impossible to identify without tips. There are too many logos in Hawaii with taro leaf designs.

Comment

Working...
                                X