Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that TV show!

Sally Field was the TV Gidget.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Deborah Walley was one of the other movie Gidgets.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Miulang...you're on a roll! If you find out the other answers, save 'em and put all 5 in one post!

Comment

[QUOTE=tutusue]GONG! Sorry, wrong Gidget! I don't recall Bobby Darrin appearing in Peyton Place. But, he did sing Mac the Knife to me in an elevator once! <swoom!>

Tutusue, I believe you have the wrong Darren (Darrin). The actor who played Moondoggie was James Darren and not Bobby Darrin. He also recorded a few songs under the Coplix label along with other TV teen idols of the time, Shelly Fabres and Paul Peterson (of the Donna Reid Show). If I'm not mistaken, the song you're offering, Gidget Goes Hawaiian is sung by James Darren.
          Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

[QUOTE=Moto]
            Originally posted by tutusue
            GONG! Sorry, wrong Gidget! I don't recall Bobby Darrin appearing in Peyton Place. But, he did sing Mac the Knife to me in an elevator once! <swoom!>

Tutusue, I believe you have the wrong Darren (Darrin). The actor who played Moondoggie was James Darren and not Bobby Darrin. He also recorded a few songs under the Coplix label along with other TV teen idols of the time, Shelly Fabres and Paul Peterson (of the Donna Reid Show). If I'm not mistaken, the song you're offering, Gidget Goes Hawaiian is sung by James Darren.
            Yes, James Darren was Moondoggie and did sing the Gidget songs but, other than that, is not connected to this thread except via iTunes! Kimo guessed Sandra Dee as the answer to my Gidget question. SD is the wrong answer 'cuz she was married to Bobby Darrin, who was not one of the cast members of Peyton Place. The name of that PP cast member is one of the questions and is a key piece to this puzzle! These are not household names now but they were at the time.

I probably have thoroughly confused everyone but this whole thing is clear in my brain 'cuz the Gidget answer I'm looking for was a childhood friend of mine. I'll never forget the joy in her eyes when she pulled into my parents driveway in a brand new, off-the-showroom-floor, canary yellow Corvette soon after the movie wrapped and she returned home from location. We were both 18 or 19! She eventually married a PP cast member but worked with James Darren (Moondoggie) in the movie. A correction...it appears this PP cast member wasn't in the original cast but did start early on in the series. I'm remembering him from the beginning but I guess I'm remembering wrong!

Another clue: She wasn't the Gidget in Gidget Goes Hawaiian! And, she didn't marry Ryan O'Neal!

Buona fortuna...

Comment

Karen Valentine was another Gidget. Was that who you grew up with, Tutusue?

Comment

What show was filmed in Roslyn, WA and featured a moose wandering through town in its opening scene?

Miulang

Comment

What oddball show made cherry pie famous?

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    Karen Valentine was another Gidget. Was that who you grew up with, Tutusue?
                    Well, I learn something new everyday! I had no idea Karen was a Gidget. My only memory of her was in Room 222.

Sorry, Miulang, that's a GONG but thanks for the trivia!

Fortuna migliore la volta prossima!

Comment

What show was filmed in Roslyn, WA and featured a moose wandering through town in its opening scene?

Miulang
                      Northern Exposure?

Comment

Northern Exposure?
                        YUP! And the building with the painting on its side that's in the opening credits still exists!

Miulang

Comment

What oddball show made cherry pie famous?

Miulang
                          The low carb cooking show on The Food Network?

Ummm...Twin Peaks?

Comment

Well, I learn something new everyday! I had no idea Karen was a Gidget. My only memory of her was in Room 222.

Sorry, Miulang, that's a GONG but thanks for the trivia!

Fortuna migliore la volta prossima!
                            OK, OK, the Italiano gave it away...the other Gidget was Cindy Carol, who was in Gidget Goes to Rome, but I have no clue who on PP she was married to.

Miulang

Comment

The low carb cooking show on The Food Network?

Ummm...Twin Peaks?
                              Yup. Twede's (in North Bend, WA) the restaurant where some of the interiors for that show were shot, is still in business (in fact, I had lunch there a few weeks ago) and still packing them in with TP memorabilia!

Miulang

Comment

OK, OK, the Italiano gave it away...the other Gidget was Cindy Carol, who was in Gidget Goes to Rome, but I have no clue who on PP she was married to.

Miulang
                                Google is your friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X