• Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that TV show!

Correct answer on Wild Kingdom.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
      This very successful NBC Comedy show ran only 4 episodes in its first season.
      You take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have... The Facts of Life.
      Originally posted by mel
      He was once "Flounder" but played a character that would become emperor in this series. Name the actor, his character's name and title of the TV series.
      Stephen Furst ("Flounder" in the movie Animal House) played Vir Cotto in Babylon 5.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        You take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both and there you have... The Facts of Life.
        Um..no... try again.

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Stephen Furst ("Flounder" in the movie Animal House) played Vir Cotto in Babylon 5.

Yes. Correct as prophesized by the Lady Morella, Vir Cotto did succeed Londo Mollari as emperor of the Centauri empire at the end of Babylon 5's series run.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

What B&W series was supposed to teach people that lots of money could either be a good or a bad thing? The name of one of the characters is one of the classiest I have ever heard.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            What B&W series was supposed to teach people that lots of money could either be a good or a bad thing? The name of one of the characters is one of the classiest I have ever heard.

Miulang
            Just a guess...
            The Millionaire
            John Beresford Tipton

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              Just a guess...
              The Millionaire
              John Beresford Tipton
              Yup! Doncha just loooove that name?
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

What series set in Hollywood featured a guy with really nice hair who was always combing it? And what was the name of that actor and what song did his antics on the series inspire?

Miulang

Comment

kookie, kookie lend me yer comb

Gerald Lloyd Kookson, II (aka "Kookie" played by Edd Byrnes)

77 sunset strip

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                    kookie, kookie lend me yer comb

Gerald Lloyd Kookson, II (aka "Kookie" played by Edd Byrnes)

77 sunset strip
                    Yup! Efraim Zimbalist, Jr. was my fave actor.

Miulang

Comment

What series was set in the Pacific and featured a Korean War vet who shuttled various people around on his boat the Tiki III? What was the name of the character and the actor who protrayed him? This actor died in Honolulu a few years ago.

Miulang

Comment

What series was set in the Pacific and featured a Korean War vet who shuttled various people around on his boat the Tiki III? What was the name of the character and the actor who protrayed him? This actor died in Honolulu a few years ago.

Miulang
                        Adventures in Paradise
                        Capt. Adam Troy
                        Gardner McKay

Comment

they got a nostalgia channel here that plays 77 sunset strip as well as hawaiian eye.

fun to see the ol stuff we...

( or a few of us remaining oldsters) grew up on.

Comment

Let me try this trivia question. One of this character's nemisis in one episode claims he is rich, rich enough to own a big boat and a big house. Another episode he claims he is a vegeterian.

So who is this character? And the name of the nemisis?

Comment

You got me stumped, Helen. Try this one: which series featured 2 astronauts who broke through the speed of light and ended up dodging dinosaurs?

Miulang

Comment

Try this one: which series featured 2 astronauts who broke through the speed of light and ended up dodging dinosaurs?
                                I would venture to guess the very short lived series of the mid 1960s called It's About Time.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X