This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name that part of Hawai'i?

Here I am chillin' with my Crocs. Where is this?

Photo by Pomai - 6.17.06

"Yeah, I would".
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai

Here I am chillin' with my Crocs. Where is this?
      Looks like the opposite view of drumorgan's photo, this time looking Ewa towards Black Point, and an almost identical view of the one that tutusue posted.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
        Looks like the opposite view of drumorgan's photo, this time looking Ewa towards Black Point, and an almost identical view of the one that tutusue posted.
        Yep, I agree with ya, Lurkah.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I looked through my album, and I actually got the "reverse" shot. It is not exact. Close. I think that is another beach. Certainly not right at the entrance to that spot.

(BTW, as I add these photos, can you tell me the code to shrink the display here with the img tag)

Here is the path to that spot.

Oh, and I have a few more pictures ready for people to guess the location.
          Last edited by admin; June 21, 2006, 07:16 PM. Reason: Resized image per request.

Comment

Originally posted by drumorgan
            BTW, as I add these photos, can you tell me the code to shrink the display here with the img tag
            See this thread on including images in posts. To have the system generate a thumbnail for you, you need to attach your image to the message. However, there is a limit to the number of files you can have as attachments across your various posts to the board, so this isn't the best option.

You should instead have a thumbnail version of your photos already available online, alongside the original. You'd then embed the thumbnail in the post () then make that thumbnail a link () to the original. Most online photo hosting sites generate thumbnails for exactly this purpose. I'm pretty sure the Blogger system (which it appears you use) does this, as does Photobucket, Flickr, and others.

If you cannot provide a thumbnail for whatever reason, please do not insert the full-size original. Just make a hyperlink to the image file (like this) that others can click to view.

Comment

OK, got the thumbnail figured out using Flickr.

Keeping the 'kickin it at da beach' theme, name this location.

Comment

Keeping the 'kickin it at da beach' theme, name this location.
                Waimea Bay Beach, North Shore, Oahu ... on a FLAT day.

Sorry Admin, I too will use thumbnails from now on. WHACK! WHACK!
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

OK, I guess that one was too easy. I need to gauge my audience. OK, level two here. Name that place.

Comment

OK, I guess that one was too easy. I need to gauge my audience. OK, level two here. Name that place.
                    Paradise Park, Manoa Valley, Oahu; bridge leading to Treetops restaurant.

???
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Close enough. I'm not sure where the restaurant is. This is part of the trail that goes to the falls.

Great call on Paradise Park. Sad that it is gone. (well, technically, it is not gone, I guess)

I parked and talked with the guy who charged for parking. His family evidently owns/leases the land. He was very nice. We were there in the big rain, and he gave us mosquito repellant, umbrellas, panchos, and even his personal walking stick for me to use. Super guy.

I have fond memories of going there as a kid to see the bird shows. We would go there and to Sea Life Park whenever someone would come to visit us from the mainland.

Comment

OK, one more. This one should be tough. (though, I haven't stumped you yet)

Comment

OK, one more. This one should be tough. (though, I haven't stumped you yet)
                          I't a mural in a hotel lobby, though I can't remember which one. Sheraton Waikiki? Hilton Hawaiian Village? Pacific Beach Hotel? Hyatt Regency Waikiki?

If memory serves me right (hardly ever), there's one similar to that in the lobby of the Kealani Resort in Wailea, Maui.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Herb Kawainui Kane's painting in the makai outrigger 2nd fl. lobby. ©2006 tikitv.com

It's not just "a mural". It is Herb's. In the outrigger Waikiki, a large outrigger sits in front of Kane's painting.

same thing Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort.
                            Last edited by kimo55; June 22, 2006, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Wow. I'm going to have to try a lot harder.
                              Here is the same painting from not so close.

Comment

Wow. I'm going to have to try a lot harder.
                                Or at least omit the captions from the site where you're hosting your photos until after someone's guessed.

Comment

Working...
                                X