This day in Hawai'i's history...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: This day in Hawai'i's history...

Speaking of the Space Shuttle launch, on May 15, 1997, 2 astronauts with Hawai'i connections, Ed Lu and Carlos Nobriega, docked with the Russian space station for 9 days while on board the space shuttle Atlantis. What was their Hawai'i connection and what did Ed Lu bring aboard the flight?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Speaking of the Space Shuttle launch, on May 15, 1997, 2 astronauts with Hawai'i connections, Ed Lu and Carlos Nobriega, docked with the Russian space station for 9 days while on board the space shuttle Atlantis. What was their Hawai'i connection and what did Ed Lu bring aboard the flight?

Miulang
      From 1992-95, Ed Lu was a post-doctoral fellow at UH's Institute for Astronomy. Carlos Noriega was stationed at Kaneohe Marine Base from 1983-85. Ed Lu took Kona coffee, macadamia nuts, Hawaiian bird feathers and a fishhook on his space flight.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

When the Pentagon closed down the Barber's Point Naval Airstation on July 2, 1999, what name did it revert to?

Miulang

Comment

When the Pentagon closed down the Barber's Point Naval Airstation on July 2, 1999, what name did it revert to?

Miulang
          The name reverted back to Kalaeloa.

Comment

On June 30, 1959, the first commercial jet lands in Hawai'i. What company owned that jet, and what was its route?

Miulang

Comment

On June 30, 1959, the first commercial jet lands in Hawai'i. What company owned that jet, and what was its route?

Miulang
              A Qantas Airways Boeing 707 flight from Sydney, Australia to San Francisco with a stop in Honolulu was the first time a commercial jet landed in Hawai'i.

Comment

So did Riki Koala eat Taro bushes, say shoots den, and leave?

Comment

Working...
                X